Wish I knew what I was looking for, might have known what I would find

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yeblik

Babyface
Um, I know that's not from a U2 song...but it actually fits. I'm not quite sure what I'm doing here, as I was a huge U2 fan from the early eighties until about 1989. I'm still a fan of their early work (Boy, October, War, Unforgettable Fire, Joshua Tree, and to a much lesser degree, Rattle and Hum), but have moved on in the ensuing years.

So what am I doing here, I hear you ask? Well, that's why I used the slightly altered lyrics for my title (10 bonus brownie points to the first person who knows the song and artist they came from -- don't know what the brownie points get you, but hey, how many times do you get brownie points anyway?), because I'm not really sure myself. I guess it's a bit of a trip down memory lane for me to be here, and also a friend of mine is currently a huge U2 fan, so guess that also prompted me.

So, I hope I haven't offended anyone (not being a current U2 fan and all). I'll probably keep most of my posts to their older work and to the other bands/musicians for the time being, but maybe will branch out a bit later. And hey, you might convert me back!

Last edited:
Ah meegannie, you get the brownie points! And you have also uncovered my current (well, since 1988) obsession -- The Church! Lovely gents, making their best music ever right now. And their new release is speeding it's way to me at this very moment!

Thanks for the welcome, folks. I'm enjoying perusing the boards and putting in my two cents worth (sometimes not worth that much, but...).

lol ya lots of us mostly use the other forums :D Especially since U2 isnt doing much right now.

Welcome! :wave:

I thought I'd be the only person to get "Under The Milky Way" Good job Meeganie! :up:

Hi and welcome :wave: If you like any albums at all, you're a U2 fan. It's okay to like some and not others. I'm more of an 80's fan myself but I like most of the newer stuff too. I hope you'll stick around and post in the other forums. Everyone's input and opinons are important! :) It's going to be even more fun once the new album and tour come around. See you around!

Last edited:
U2Kitten said:
It's going to be even more fun once the new album and tour come around. See you around!

Um, and just what is the new album called and when is it due out? See I told you I was out of touch!

:wave: welcome, I'm sure you can still enjoy this place!

yeblik said:

Um, and just what is the new album called and when is it due out? See I told you I was out of touch!

Good question, and if you found the answer please let us know...(for the all the brownie pts you want!! :D).... because we sure don't have the slightest idea!!

Back
Top Bottom