Welcome to Feedback!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think I've made it my life's goal to de-newbie myself here. I really don't have any U2-fan friends (well, I converted one, but she only puts up with me for so long :wink:), so it's awesome to find so many in one place. :happy:

Maybe when the boys come round to Boston I'll make a big sign - with the standard U2 praise on one side and a big red 'INTERFERENCE NEWBIE' on the other. So y'all can find me. :D

So anyways, :wave: from MA. I can see Feedback becoming my life already...

It's good to hear that you could be so close to them.I am replying a little bit late because I'm already working with my friends, we're shooting a musian documentary, let's say, we call it like a film, we're shooting my stage acts and performances and some places we are going to see the others, and the groups of people, music groups mostly.
An experience let's say, but I have to mention that I'm in a very busy and full time business here!! non-stop shootings! It's good after all. What we've watched lately I'm playing the guitar and singing I found it out it's like MTV unplugged really! I don't know why very exciting really. I'm singin my songs mostly, also covers but not just like same song I'm trying to put an interpretation.
That's a summary for now. I wish I could be that close, I will try for sure, for autographs and meeting to say hi.

"Staring At The Sun" is a great song for me, to play and listen thousand and milions of times really.

talk to you soon
take care

see you again

I just posted this in the thread Edge started.
My first post here. I've been reading the boards for a while now, but I've never posted before.

But this really moved me to actually post something. Amazing that a fan-run site like Interference.com can be so big. First the U2-interview, now this. You're all extraordinary ppl.

Anyway, I'll introduce myself:

Name: Mathieu

I Live In: Belgium (in Aalst to be precise, between Ghent and Brussels. The Dutch-speaking part of Belgium)

Work: Still studying. (Something called Trade Engineer. It's like engineering, but with an emphasis on economy)

Sport: I play tennis, badminton and squash (all sports with a racket ;) ). I like to watch soccer and basketball. And some cycling.

Other hobby's: Music, film, the usual stuff 19 year olds do I guess.
I also run a website with some other ppl. called coldplayfans.nl . It started as a dutch coldplay-fansite but now it's more about music in general (coldplay, Franz Ferdinand, U2, Radiohead, ...). We're relocating it to muziekfans.nl in the near future. Oh and I play guitar (a bit).

Favourite music:
Coldplay, U2, Smiths, Radiohead, Sonic Youth, Pixies, Blur, Talk Talk, Tortoise, Sigur Rós, Kashmir, Velvet Underground, The Cure, Beatles, Talking Heads, David Bowie, Ryan Adams, The Shins, Sophia, Pearl Jam, Nick Cave, Franz Ferdinand, Oasis, Bruce Springsteen, The Libertines, REM, Tom McRae, Jeff Buckley, dEUS and a load of other Belgian bands

Last edited:
Hi everybody!!
this is my first post, my name is Anna, I'm 24 and I'm italian.
U2 are my fav band since I was a child!!
I like also other bands and artists like Rem, Pink Floyd, Radiohead, Jeff Buckley, Depeche Mode, Cure, Simple Minds, etc etc

I think interference is a beautiful place!
Anna

Hi from Croatia, :wave:
My name is Lovro, and my favourite member of u2, even though they are equals, is :edge:
Favourite song is Acrobat, second is WTHNN, but this just momentarily, because i'm u2 fan for 2 months, and i'm still learning the facts and all songs

Good evening, i'v been surfing this forum for months under a different username but when i tried posting...it wouldn't let me.
i'm 19 years old and currently taking a break from education at the minute.
i got into u2 from the sweetest thing and just like blue crack, i was hooked. currently on the point of bursting for new material. can't think of anything else to say at the minute other than glad to be here

Hi everyone!

Trolls in a message board are no fun (I should know, I help run one [completely unrelated to this] so I will introduce mysef).

My name is Miroslava (an no, I am not Eastern European, just the name is ;) ) I am actually Mexican via Spain and now in the States. Michigan to be more exact.

Anyway, I have been a fan of U2 since Achtung Baby. I was 14 at the time and had just abandoned my New Kids on the Block phase (hey, don't hold it against me :p ). I lived in Spain at the time, and one day watching my TV I saw this vision of coolness looking at me through Bug Eyes. I got the CD and it did no leave my CD player for months on end. It only left when I got JT and their prior records. I educated myself and fell in love with this amazing band and it beautiful front man. I will admit that they lost me along the way. ATYCLB brought me back in the fold of the U2 love. I finally saw them in Detroit with the elevation tour. I finally felt in my own skin what all those people in the ZOO TV booth broadcasts said about A U2 show being like a religious experience. I laughed, I cried I sang along. :p

Now I am back, with more excitement and dedication than ever. HTDAAB is simply amazing. I have been listening to it nonstop and have finally been able to stop crying with SYCMIOYO. I can't wait for my Collectors Edition to arrive in the mail and I certainly can't wait for the tour dates to be announced. I am starting the "Miroslava U2 Tour fund" and will try to hit them in Toronto/Cleveland/Indianapolis/Chicago and of course Detroit

I will have to forgo a real vacation for the year, but it will be worth it.

Ok, enough rambling. Just wanted to establish myself a little.

:)

Hi everyone, im also a newbie and first tome introducing myself.
I hail from Sydney Australia and have loved u2 since 1984....
Their lyrics roped me in and haven't stopped ever since.
I don't get much time to hop on the net, but i hope that changes so i can chat to all you great people with fantastic taste in music....... Jennie

Hi there,
I'm new(ish) to the forum as it's a few years since I've been here (in a different guise). long, long. time fan, first saw them too long ago to remember, can't wait for the tour, as its now 117 months since I last saw them and that was only a short stint at the SO opening ceremony....
I've been fortunate to get an advance copy of the new limited edition CD/DVD/Book, What a great package, the DVD is fascinating especially the acoustic version of "Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own" and Temple Bar mix of Vertigo, banjo and all!

My personal favourites on the album to date are "Sometimes...".(surely this albums' "One") which is one of the most honest lyrics Bono has ever written (with a little of the lyric thrown in from Edge perhaps?) and "A Man And A Woman"

I'm always fascinated by the credits and Thank U's on the albums and notice on this one that amongst the the usual suspects and many other Thank U's is one for "Howth Celtics Under 8s". Larry's a fan I'd imagine................

Not sure about the booklet yet, (Larry's hand???) Maybe it will grow on me
Anyway, gotta go and take more time to keep listening to this and to the tape of the studio show from Tuesday................

Hi! :wave:

I've been reading forums for quite a while, but had some problems with activating, so I re-registered today. Atmosphere here seems to be really great, even for users who don't speak English as their first language and make a mistakes - like me ;)

I'm one of the people who became fans after ALYCLB - but after I started to dig U2 discography, I discovered that many Songs Of My Childhood are their - so there was no way I could end up not loving them ;)

Anyway, just wanted to say hello. Hope that I made a good decision and will have a great time here :)

Greeting from Cleveland, USA home of the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame.

Some basics about me:

Work: Sales and marketing in the active apparel industry.

Sport: US football, golf, hiking, World Cup football.

Other hobby's: MUSIC, Wine, & Food.

Music interest: Anything good, especially in the live environment. Only thing I don't like is fake or contrived acts that need a lot of production to hide their lack of talent. Big fan of the Grateful Dead.

How I came here: Was looking for U2 2005 tour rumors and this place shares a format I am familiar with from a US football board. So far so good.

Why U2: I 1st came aware of them back in the early '80's with the Gloria vid on a tip from a friend that went to Ireland for a year of University and saw them in a small venue. Checked out the Gloria video on MTV and the rest is history. I have seen hundreds of various acts live and have to say U2 is top 5. I have seen every US U2 tour from War on and and would place them with this group: Peter Gabriel, Bruce Springstein, Grateful Dead, & P-Funk. One thing all these acts have in common is that no one sits at all for the entire show.

Check this out: The Grateful Dead have always been known to cover songs from various genres and are willing to take a chance. The Dead, the continuation of the group Grateful Dead without Jerry Garcia, added U2's "One" this past Summer and if you would like to check this out you can at this site:

* Since I'm new they will not allow me to post the link. I have requested to be allowed to do this because it directly involves U2

Go to 6/26/04 and you will see One in both mp3 format as well as lossless flac. There are also other cool covers of varied bands such as Traffic, Eric Clapton, Neil Young, & Elton John as well as plenty of their own staples. The GD allows live taping of all shows and there is an online archive of almost every show that they ever performed. If interested please reply and I will provide the link.

Why even talk about this on a U2 board? Because I think they should do the same. I have yet to find any legal U2 live shows outside of a few commercial releases that do not represent the same thing I have heard at the shows. An EP of a handful of songs doesn't cut it for most fans. What's the story on U2's live music policy?

I look forward to this spring when I can discuss U2's tour with a wide variety of fans.

Last edited:
Hi, Steve from the UK introducing himself here.

Glad to be part of this. I'm the guitarist from the tribute band U22U. Any other guitarists or Edge fans out there?

Steve

pissed about pre sale tickets!!

Hello Fellow U2 Fans! I have to say today I was just so dissapointed with the whole "pre-sale" crap, I just had to come in and vent!!!!!! At least I was not the only person who feels distrought over the whole thing. I tried from the moment the clock hit 10am in San Diego to get tickets and all I got until 11:28 was ticketmaster saying they had internal difficulties?? I tried calling them and fifteen minutes later I got through, but they were no help! At almost 12 noon I was finally able to get something, although it was not what I expected. I Love U2 and really want to see them, but I am not paying almost $200 no way! I never had problems before, hell I even bought my Slane tickets without a problem and did not pay that much!!! Anyway I just had to say that. I guess I have to wait until Saturday and hope I get lucky without having to take out a damn bank loan just to see our guys!!

Last edited:
Definetely a newbie, been followin U2 from the cornfields of the great state of Illinois since 1988. Saw them once on the Elevation Tour (awesome) hope to still score some tickets for this tour. Great site, still feelin my way around.

hi!

Hi Everyone! :wave:

thanks for this great site, and all the fantastic information!!:)

Long time lurker, new member, hoping the band decides to come to the Baltimore/DC area!!:)

:bono: :edge: :larry: :adam:

Greetings and Salutations

My name is Peri. I hail from Sw. Florida. I have been a U2 fan since 1981. I was introduced to U2 by my Catholic youth minister. They were one of the only rock bands I was allowed to listen too. I am a first generation American. My parents are Irish born(we are Dublin jackeens), so the fact that U2 were "hometown boys" certainly helped.

hai, my name paulus, from indonesia, i'm just like u guys here, crazy about U2, i'm married and have 1 beautiful daughter. I own a computer shop in jakarta, already running the business for 9 years. I'm verry happy for this forum and waiting for your information about U2. I know U2 since 1992, and all the lyric are beautiful. Nothing compare to U2. Take care, thanks.

Last edited:
Hello Everyone,
Just wanted to say that I think the forum is a great way to be educated and stay current with U2 Fans around the world. I am going to the U2 concert in Vancouver (yep - Canadian EH?!) and am extremely excited. It will be my first U2 concert, however not my last!!! I have heard that U2 fans aren't truly U2 fans until they have been to a concert, then apparently catch "it". Should be a rockin' good time!!!

hey! i am kinda new amd i have not subscribed yet (but soon!!) so i was just wondering if i can start threads now or do i have to wait till i'm a registared member? :wave:. I live in Australia and i am DESPRATELY hoping that U2 come to Australia with this tour!!:sad:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom