U2 Concert Virgin No More!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

southpaw_gil

The Fly
Hi Everybody-

I have been going to concerts for over 30 years (Stones, Bruce Springsteen & the ESB, Led Zep, The Who, McCartney, J. Geils, Santana, Humble Pie, Grand Funk, Mountain, etc.) But I've never seen U2. The timing never seemed to work out - raising kids, tight finances, work, whatever.

The only concert footage I ever saw of U2 was limited to a few clips here and there on TV or music videos. Last April, I decided to see what all the fuss was about and went down to the Anaheim Pond to see if I could get in. I scored a cheap ticket behind the stage from a fellow fan and I was in. What a show!

So my wife & I went back the next night and got great tickets right by the stage for face value. That was it - we were hooked!

We bought tickets for Las Vegas #1 - man that was a long 6 month wait! I decided to go back the next night in Vegas and I got lucky again. A lady was standing by the box office with a single ticket. I paid her face value and I'm in the show. We had a great mix of songs that weekend. Of course was wife was extremely jealous because the boys played Until the End of the World.

We decided to go to Salt Lake City with only about a week of planning. But everything fell into place. I got a couple of single tickes below face value on ebay, got a hotel across the street and the air fare was pretty reasonable given the late notice.

That's 3 shows for her and 5 for me. She was threatening to go to New Zealand and Australia. I could not get off work for that kind of trip but I told her to go. Luckily, the Hawaii date(s) popped up. I got GAs for 4/8 and air/hotel/car package paid for. This is my first time with GAs so this should really be fun. Now we just need the 4/9 show to be announced and it will be the perfect weekend.

Sorry for the long intro. I probably won't post much but I'll be lurking in the background.

You lucky so and so! :wink: :D

:hyper: Stones and The Who :hyper:

So come on then, you've seen tons of legends live, which were the best?

Welcome to the message board by the way! :wave:

TheQuiet1 said:
You lucky so and so! :wink: :D

:hyper: Stones and The Who :hyper:

So come on then, you've seen tons of legends live, which were the best?

Welcome to the message board by the way! :wave:

Wow - that's a tough question and I can't answer it. But I have been very lucky over the years and there are many great memories (unfortunately, some have faded or are a little hazy):
- The Who with Keith Moon back in 1971 was pretty incredible (and loud!).
- My first Bruce concert in 1980 when he played 4 hours +. I can remember just being exhausted after leaving the arena.
- I first saw the Stones in 1972 and most recently twice in November (San Diego & Las Vegas). I have 2 more shows lined up for March in Las Vegas and LA. I have never been disappointed going to a Stones concert.
- I've been to some great shows over the years at the Roxy in Hollywood - the NY Dolls, Warren Zevon, Ian Hunter & Lou Reed.
- The first time I saw Led Zepplin I don't think the 4th album had been released yet. But when they played Stairway to Heaven you just knew that it was going to be big for them.
- I saw Neil Young & Crazy Horse in 1972. About half-way thru the show David Crosby & Graham Nash came out and played the rest of the concert with Neil.

Just a few off the top of my head.

southpaw_gil said:

Wow - that's a tough question and I can't answer it. But I have been very lucky over the years and there are many great memories (unfortunately, some have faded or are a little hazy):
- The Who with Keith Moon back in 1971 was pretty incredible (and loud!).
- My first Bruce concert in 1980 when he played 4 hours +. I can remember just being exhausted after leaving the arena.
- I first saw the Stones in 1972 and most recently twice in November (San Diego & Las Vegas). I have 2 more shows lined up for March in Las Vegas and LA. I have never been disappointed going to a Stones concert.
- I've been to some great shows over the years at the Roxy in Hollywood - the NY Dolls, Warren Zevon, Ian Hunter & Lou Reed.
- The first time I saw Led Zepplin I don't think the 4th album had been released yet. But when they played Stairway to Heaven you just knew that it was going to be big for them.
- I saw Neil Young & Crazy Horse in 1972. About half-way thru the show David Crosby & Graham Nash came out and played the rest of the concert with Neil.

Just a few off the top of my head.

:shocked: Wow! :rockon:

Back
Top Bottom