Shame on me to be a newbie...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tonyhotland

The Fly
O my God, I can't believe I just found this website. I know, shame on me! Shame on me! I have to thank waynetravis for hookin me up. And I can't believe either how much I've missed during these years I've been a fan of U2. This site is amazing.....

Well, I met waynetravis when he came up to the Abbey Road studio last week. Me and some 15 fans were there, it was probably our third day together coming to the studio, waiting outside, screaming, waving, hollering, and getting autographs from the band members as they came out of the studio. Six hours of waiting totally paid off!!

And you probably wouldn't believe this. I'm from Indonesia. I happened to be in London for a course for two weeks since Monday Sept 11. And when I learned that they happened also to be in London at the studio recording stuff, I was freaking out! My heart was racing in anticipation when I came to the studio the first time. Then I saw Adam. And then Bono. And then Edge. And then Larry! I was like, this is the best week ever. And what an amazing coincidence, eh? I came for London and I got London AND U2! I got their autographs on my sweatshirt and my Zoo TV DVD.

I always thought I'd never meet them. They've never played Indonesia, or come to think of it, any Southeast Asian countries.. And voila! last week really happened!!!! And I met other U2 fans as well and they're just the best -- except for the autograph hunter a.k.a the dealers..

I camped outside the Waterstone's bookstore on Thursday night and got in Friday morning at 8. Got my book and got it signed! Edge said "someday we'll come to Indonesia". Bono shook my hand. Larry was full of smile. And Adam remembered me -- probably from the nights of waiting and standing outside the Abbey Road studio.

So there's my story. I will never forget this time of my life. I am probably the luckiest person on earth. At least, last week I was :)
So, hi to all. Include me...

:lol: Is Wayne receiving any payment for travelling the length of Britain to spread the Interference word? :wink:

Sounds like you had an amazing time while you were over here- fingers crossed Edge keeps to his word about Indonesia :wink:

:wave: Welcome to the forums!

I did have a super amazing time.
Lol... and Wayne also happened to be the only one who (accidentally) took my pic with Bono signing in the background.
I do owe him big time :)

The forums here are superb....

Welcome tonyhotland!! :happy: wayne knows good people when he sees them!! Glad you're here!! :wave:

Bono-jour Tony!! :wave:

Welcome the forum!!!

tonyhotland said:
I did have a super amazing time.
Lol... and Wayne also happened to be the only one who (accidentally) took my pic with Bono signing in the background.

post the pic in the photo thread! :)

Last edited:
wayne, what photo thread? where's the photo thread here? do I have to upload pics already on, say, photobucket first before i can post them on the photo thread as is the case with posting pics in posts?

Back
Top Bottom