New to the board, but not to U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cydewaze

Refugee
I remember back in high school (1981-ish) when some of the punk fans were talking about this new band called U2. I remember listening to some of their stuff and liking it. I also remember, that once U2 started to "make it" and become more mainstream, those punk fans suddenly decided it wasn't cool to like U2 anymore (as they did for any band that "made it").

Well, I stayed liking them, more and more, and here I am, a whole lotta time later ;)

rofl FallingStar. Your site is hillarious :) 5-stars :)

Actually, I tried to do a mullet back in the 80's, but it ended up looking like I had a dead animal on my head, so I lopped it all off. :p

Last edited:
That's ME in my avatar! :p No one else would admit to that pic, and hell, sometimes I don't want to admit to it myself :D

Oh, and whee! I just made myself a premium member ;)

You'd try doing a mullet again. I have one :love: and it doesn't look like a dead animal, lol.

Thanks for the welcomes everyone :)

I remember when I graduated, and WAR had just come out. I was still listening to October pretty much non-stop, and it was quite a change, because up til then, most of my favorite music had been the old 70's american stuff (2 verses, guitar solo, final verse - ala Boston) and this crazy sound Edge was doing with the guitar, it wasn't quite like anything I had been listening to. I really liked it, but couldn't figure out why I was so glued to it.

If you can imagine, getting slammed with War, then Under a Blood Red Sky, then The Unforgettable Fire (I never thought I'd like so many tracks off the same album), then Wide Awake In America... all basically on the heels of each other. It was like, wow! I remember thinking, "this ain't some one-hit wonder... I'll be listening to these guys in 10 years!" Well, it's 20 years now, and it's just gotten better.

You've been a U2 fan since almost the beginning? You lucky dog! I've been a fan ever since 1987 (didn't know anything about them until then), but I've always regretted those lost six or seven years when I could have been following them while they were still an underground band.

Welcome to our wacky little community! :wave:

Last edited:
Well, lucky depends on your point of view. Remember, the only reason I've been following them so long is because I'm old :lol:

Nice Pic

icon_welcome.gif

Back
Top Bottom