New poster intro

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RedShark92

Babyface
Hi all!

First post here. I discovered the board a few weeks ago while I was browsing about...

I'm a 30 year old male in central Vermont who works in the printing industry. I am married since this past August to a wonderful girl who I've been with for several years.

I love music of all kinds, I'm into gaming as well as collecting the toys of my youth (Transformers and Robotech Macross), either getting the cool ones I never could when I was a kid or re-getting the ones I did have that got lost or broken along the way.

I actually discovered U2 fairly late. About 4 or 5 years ago in my mid-20s. I hadn't been greatly into music (I liked it but it wasn't a big part of my life) before but was starting to get more and more interested in it.

As I was browsing new CDs I happened upon the Joshua Tree and as I recognized a few of the tracks I decided to pick it up.

Instantly fell in love, not just with the 'obvious' tracks that everyone's heard on the radio 1000 times, but the entire album, start to finish.

From there I started picking up a few of the others. I bought War and Achtung Baby... Both very different but I found a lot to love on both of them. I eventually ended up with all of their albums in my collection.

Here's where it got fun. During the time I was discovering, a co-worker of mine (who I no longer work with but we correspond occasionally and are planning to make a trip together for the new tour when it happens) noticed that I was discovering U2 and really getting into them. He loaned me a few bootlegs of the Popmart tour.

That really did it. I began devouring those and started building up a small collection of my own.

By the time ATYCLB came out I was a total addict... I saw two shows on that tour (both in Montreal, once on each leg, and we got into the heart for the second one in October of 2001) and have bootleg recordings of both of the shows that I saw...

Anyway... nuff said for now...

Last edited:
Thanks!

Thanks for all the welcomes! Discovered this forum only recently. Starting to get the fever again with all the excitement over the new album.

Bonochick said:
Hello! :wave:

That's cool that you collect those toys. I collect Barbie dolls. :heart:

Heh. :) It's all good. I also have superhero stuff. Hey you only live once, what the heck, right?

Hey RedShark92,

I was actually going to school in Vt last year........I was in the southeast part
A lil town called Putney......actually had a great time while I was there. You have a beautiful state, especially during the Fall.
Welcome to the forum........it's an addiction..........get withdrawal out of the way as soon as possible....
You've been warned

Xavier

hi

Hi red shark welcome
I'm also new here but a older fan from 87 , you could see my presentaiton to this forum,

I read that you have a bootleg of the show in Montreal,
How's the sound ? witch show exactly ? the first one, I'm trying to find the show where Bono play the piano.

I have a lot of older stuff, bootleg to trade let me know

Belf in Montreal.

Back
Top Bottom