New member from the UK

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So they don't really pose a threat to humans then? I've been facsinated about this for a while, you know about how dangerous they actually are to humans! I read a novel which is written by Jenny Colgan (A fellow Scot!) but can't remember the title&the story takes them to Finland where it describes a wolf coming at someone and it really goes for them - jumping on top of them :uhoh:

So it's good to ba able to have found someone who's actually over there and might have an idea about them! When i read that, i kind of thought i wonder if that's an exaggeration perhaps! :hmm:

Any info is appreciated! :wink:

My Mum saw a wolf once out ski-ing, it was several metres away and it just looked at her and slopped off in the opposite direction. Like most animals wolfs, usually only attack humans if they feel threatened or straving. But as I mentioned, there are plenty of game around here, hares, birds etc., that are a much easier pray for them, so we've nothing to fear from wolves or lynx come to that. :D

We've seen wolf tracks and lynx tracks quite close to our house and followed them to see where they lead and they usually just pass through our small forest area of about 5 acres and move on to the larger forest around us. :)

Wow! That's fascinating :wink: it's what my friend&I are always talking about, you know wildlife and we usually believe that too about the fact that animals will give you a warning usually and my friend is always saying that they have more intelligence than we give them credit for!

Another thing i meant to say before is that i know how you feel about the midges, since it's a big nuisance over here in Scotland! :madspit: yuk :yuck: i ended up being covered in lots of itchy red spots because of the little blighters! :scream: :angry:

susanp6 said:
Wow! That's fascinating :wink: it's what my friend&I are always talking about, you know wildlife and we usually believe that too about the fact that animals will give you a warning usually and my friend is always saying that they have more intelligence than we give them credit for!

Another thing i meant to say before is that i know how you feel about the midges, since it's a big nuisance over here in Scotland! :madspit: yuk :yuck: i ended up being covered in lots of itchy red spots because of the little blighters! :scream: :angry:

Oh dear, all this talk of midges and red itchy spots is making me wish that the summer would hurry up and get here and that' we'll soon be rid of the rest of the remaining snow and ice!! :scream: :wink:

Hi All,

Yes I know where Bedford is - I live in Leicester (blimey we`re nearly neighbours!) Glad to know there are so many other Brits mad on U2, these boards seem to be full of Yanks most of the time (nothing against the yanks of course - I love your country!) :wave: :wave:

I moved to Leicester in 1982 when I started my nurse training. I lived in the nurses flats in Walnut Street then. I moved to a flat in Westleigh Road in 1985 then into my house in Wilberforce Road in 1987 - all in the west end of Leicester off Narborough Road. Where did you live? How long ago did you leave? Its changed lots over the last 10 years or so so you probably wouldn`t recognise it now!

I lived in the south suburbs of Leicester on Braunstone Avenue between the 1966 and 1970, so we were obviously never neigbours but it's always interesting to meet someone who's lived in the same town! :wink:
Did you get to see U2 live last year?

Back
Top Bottom