new in "town"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rini

The Fly
Hi, everyone!

I just joined a couple of weeks ago, and am having fun getting to know some of you and looking at all the pix. I love the caption threads!

I'm an older mom type on a farm in the middle of nowhere, but the next time U2 does a concert in the nearest town where they've done them before, my teenage daughter and I have already found a couch to sleep on there! I can't stand in line all day but DD can (I'll run the car back and forth with food and sodas).

DD's the one who introduced me to U2...I was in San Bernardino when U2 played Glen Helen in Devore, but was quitting a job that day. I kick myself now (should have quit a day sooner). :)

Glad to meet you all!

My avatar is a Crested Polish chicken - a bird with a mullet! Her name is Hedwig (natch) and she's a sweetie.

Hi Rini!!! I have a teenager too! Glad you're here!! :wink:

SunBloc said:
Hi Rini!!! I have a teenager too! Glad you're here!! :wink:

Then we understand each other, SunBloc! :LOL: I'm glad you're here, too!

She's a good kid...sane...crazy...introduced me to U2. I figure I was too busy getting an education when rock and roll really got rockin', so God gave me a daughter and another chance. Hee hee.

These are a good bunch of people here, too. It's fun to read everyone's writing and see the pix, and the caption threads leave me on the floor. Even DH is starting to say, "...Not involved..."

"Hey, Honey...what's slash?" Getting a new education now. Oi!

Last edited:
^^It was opposite for us - I introduced my son to U2. He's really into the ZOO TV era now!! :wink: I can relate to being too busy with getting an education, working, having children, etc. ... to get into music (But now I'm SO glad I am!!). Good to know you! See you around!!!

Back
Top Bottom