Long Time U2 Fan Here!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

You Too

Babyface
Great forum here. And I am glad I found it.

I am going to the Sunday night show in Chicago. I wasn't really planning on going until I saw some tickets available last Friday. My 7 year old saw me viewing something on You Tube and said he would like to go. I thought why not? Going to see U2 is one of the greatest spectacles on the planet. To me it would be equal to seeing the Opening Ceremonies at Bejing.

But, he also loves the music and has been listening to it his whole life. Although, outside of U2 we mostly listen to jazz and classical music in our home.

I have seen U2 in the old Soldier Field (1997) for Pop Mart. I loved that show even though it, and the album, was much criticized. Most people I knew thought the band should have been stuck in the moment of 1991 for all eternity.

I also saw them in May of 2001 at the United Center and in October of that same year when they came back that fall just three weeks after 9/11. My fondest memory of that last show was seeing crosses of light emerging from the black curtains used to keep light coming from the concourse of the stadium during the show. My friend thought I was seeing something that did not exist. But, to my surprise, Bono himself mentioned being moved by that strange occurence in a Rolling Stone article that was available months later. That combined with the names of all those who perished on aircraft that day, and the mood of the nation, made for a very emotional show.

I also enjoy their humor. I remember us all singing Stand By Me at the Soldier Fied show during Pop Mart. I guess you could call it a snippet right after ISHFWILF. We all thought we knew that song and could sing along. Only trouble was when we got to the part of the lyric that was not a chorus, the entire crowd realized we did not know the lyrics and we all had a good laugh on ourselves. The whole thing broke down and yes, Bono knew that would happen.

I love the new album NLOTH. Seems to be about perfect for this stage of the band's career. Hearing the Edge's solos clearly is a real treat. Looking forward to hearing it live.

I look forward to interacting with fellow U2 fans here.

Back
Top Bottom