Im new so be gentle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NamelessStreets

The Fly
Hi, this is my first post on this overwhelming forum, where do you start?
My name is Andy, im 23 and live in Barnsley, England.
Ive been a U2 fan for around 16 years, basically starting from telling my Dad to turn the crappy video off that he had bought, (which happened to be Rattle & Hum) so I could watch the cartoons! He told me to bugger off and I watched it sulking, then when BAD was played, that was the moment that I was hooked. This tape was then played over and over and over (by me) until it was worn out and unwatchable.
From then I started to buy the albums, and I went to see them for the first time in 1993 which was the ZOO Tour at roundhay park in Leeds. I also went to see Popmart at the same venue.
There probably isnt a day goes by that I dont listen to U2, but even though I have all the albums, I tend to prefer watching a DVD/Video because in my opinion, to fully appreciate U2, you have to listen to them live. Ill get in from work, press play on the DVD player and make my tea. Ive converted about six people from my work into big U2 fans just by lending them a DVD. (Rattle & Hum never fails). I think U2 are the greatest Rock band in the world for many reasons, one being that they are not afraid to experiment, no band has changed and tried new things over the years like U2 have. I dont like every single style that I have seen from U2, but that is what its all about. In my car at the moment I have a mini-disc that I have made from U2 videos/DVDs. My own greatest hits if you like. The tracks are:
BAD (R&H)- My all time favorite
EXIT (R&H)
In Gods Country (R&H)
The Fly (Zoo TV)
Even Better Than The Real Thing (Zoo TV)
With or With Out You (R&H)
I Will Follow (Popmart)
One (Zoo TV)
Until The End of The World (Zoo Tv)
New Years Day (Zoo TV)
Running to Stand Still (Zoo TV)
Where The Streets have no Name (Zoo TV)
Pride (R&H)

My favorite albums are probably The Joshua Tree or Rattle & Hum, closely followed by Achtung Baby. I like all the DVDs Videos, but I tend to watch R&H and Zoo TV the most. I have recently bought Slane which I love, even though (DARE I SAY THIS?) Bono cant quite hit the notes as good as he used to do. My favorite band members are Bono and Edge, I get shouted at for playing Edge guitar solos over and over by my girlfriend. (Bullet the Blue Sky-Zoo, The Fly Silver & Gold etc etc)
Anyway, ive rabbited for a bit too long and yer probably bored by now. One last thing, why the hell Is Zoo Tv live from Sydney and Popmart not on DVD yet??? Anyone???

Look Forward to hearing from any of you. :wink:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom