Holla from Salt Lake City

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

britpopper

Babyface
Hey there fellow U2 fans....

Figured I'd finally join Interference, since I'd been lurking around the forums for several years now. I've been a fan of U2 since I was 13 (I turned 20 last Wednesday), so I guess it's been about 7 years now?

Wow. It's been a long time. >_>

Anywho, I live in Salt Lake City, Utah, where in my opinion, there is a general lack of U2 fans. So if there's any fellow fans out there, feel free to say hi, because it'd be nice to know I'm not the only one in the state. XD

Some fun U2 facts about me:

(1) I have a U2 tattoo (Yes, I actually do)
I got my first U2 tattoo this last Friday, for my 20th birthday. It hurt, but it was worth it. Most people would say that getting a tattoo is by far the most crazy thing to do as a fan, but to me, it's worth it because U2's music helped me grow into the person I am today. And whether or not I hate their music, 20, 30 years from now, I can't ever deny that they helped me through some of the hardest parts of my adolescence.

Anywho, pics!

IMG_0314.jpg

(2) I have also met U2 in real life.
"Met" being a loose term, as I just stood really, really close to them (about 6 feet away from the whole band) at their premiere for U23D at the Sundance Film Festival in 2007. I stood in a freezing, cramped tent for 4 hours, with little to no hope of ever seeing the band, but in the end I was lucky enough to stand/sit very, very close to the band during the first film showing (which was only open to the press, mind you). I can honestly say that I was one of the luckiest people in Salt Lake City that night.

And of course, I took pictures. (Some of them are not great, because when I was taking them, my brain was kind of exploding, so please forgive the crap.)

3d_glasses.jpg

IMG_0220.jpg

(Adam and Larry were hiding)

More photos on my Flickr...

Anyway, hi! My name is Heather, and I'd love to get to know some more U2 fans. :)

Hello Heather! :wave: I've been a fan since I was 12, and I am about to turn 20 as well. It has been a long time :wink:. I have considered that exact design for a tattoo too. I don't know if I'll ever go through with it, but I like your reasoning. If you ever need help with the forum, feel free to send me a message!

Hi Laura! *waves*

Hello Heather! :wave: I've been a fan since I was 12, and I am about to turn 20 as well. It has been a long time :wink:. I have considered that exact design for a tattoo too. I don't know if I'll ever go through with it, but I like your reasoning. If you ever need help with the forum, feel free to send me a message!

Oh, and thanks. ^^ *lol* I might. It's a bit overwhelming at first. Definitely one of the largest forums I've ever come across. Good to hear about other fans my age, though. I always felt a bit odd liking U2 when everyone else in high school was listening to bands like AFI and Fall Out Boy. Always good to know I'm not alone in my age group. :)

Hi heather, welcome! there are a few others on here from Salt Lake, including myself and u2popmofo, but we mostly hang out in Just the Bang and the Clatter....

Hi heather, welcome! there are a few others on here from Salt Lake, including myself and u2popmofo, but we mostly hang out in Just the Bang and the Clatter....

Bang and the Clatter 4eva!

Welcome, welcome, britpopper. Believe it or not, I've met a decent number of U2 fans (not necessarily fanatics like most of us here though) in Utah. Definitely stop by Bang and Clatter though (the general music section), as more Utahns would be great! Reggo, another regular here, is also in the SL area.

Back
Top Bottom