Hi! I'm new..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

achtngbby

Babyface
Hello, hello! I've been lurking around here for a while and I thought it was time I got involved. I found Zootopia really hard to find my way around and this site seems more user-friendly.

Been a U2 fan since about 1984 although I wasn't serious - I just sort of dipped in and out. Loved the Red Rocks gig when it was shown on The Tube (a cool music show on Channel 4 in the 80s for those of you wondering).
My cousin in Dublin was into U2 from the start so I was exposed to the first 3 albums by him whenever I went over to Dublin during school hols (most years!)

I remember the exact moment that I got really hooked...I was browsing in HMV one day when I heard the intro to Streets for the first time ever and it blew me away! I asked someone what it was. When he said it's the new U2 album I bought it there and then (on vinyl!).

I managed to get a ticket for the Joshua Tree tour at Bham NEC and that was it! I've loved the band ever since and have now seen them 5 times. (Zooropa 93 Wembley, Elevation at Manc and Bham then last week at Manc1).

My main memory of that first gig in 87 was the crowd - best and wildest crowd I've ever known at the NEC and I've been to plenty of gigs there over the years. Everybody in the place was singing along to All You Need Is Love which was playing over the PA before the band came on - there were Mexican waves going off all over the place and when U2 hit the stage I could barely hear the intro to Streets for the noise! Magic!

I'm also a big Springsteen fan so I put U2 and Bruce above all other bands that I've seen live but I wouldn't like to choose between them.

achtngbby said:

I spent many childhood holidays in that area - my aunt and uncle used to live in Sandymount. Do you know Tritonville Rd?

Not great with roads, i live accross the road from Sean Moore Park, if that helps in any way, my school is the one at Lansdowne Road.

achtngbby said:
Hello, hello! I've been lurking around here for a while and I thought it was time I got involved. I found Zootopia really hard to find my way around and this site seems more user-friendly.

You ain't just whistlin' dixie there. And welcome! Interland is the forum most easy on the eyes. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom