Hi, I'm Cal from Milwaukee

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

roachcraft

Babyface
Greetings! I'm kind of a shy dude so I have never done one of these introductory forum post thingys before, but this is all U2 fans so what the heck?

My first U2 show was Camp Randall in 1992 which, obviously, changed my life. That was actually my third concert ever, and now I've seen U2 11 times and, well, what can I say? There's nothing like that feeling. A lot of my friends are scoffers, hung up on image and politics and media portrayals of the band members and whatnot, and all I can tell them is that if they were to open their cynical hearts a little and allow the words and music to hit them unconditionally, go to a show and feel the group consciousness that exists between fan and band like no other experience on Earth, they might get past their hangups. Then again, maybe I'm better off not bringing scoffers to a U2 show anyway.

If I have to pick a favorite album, it's UNFORGETTABLE FIRE, and my favorite tour that I saw was definitely Elevation. Final night of that four-night run in Chicago was the greatest musical experience of my life, although a few other U2 shows have come close! Going to Soldier Field and, one way or another, Minneapolis this summer, and then begins the post-U2-tour blues and the long wait for the next tour...

Best wishes to anybody who actually read this, and thanks, and let's hope for another legendary tour this summer!

--Cal

Hey there! Native Wisconsinite here as well. :wave:

My first show was Zoo TV at Camp Randall, too! Then it was Pop at the same stadium, and then I moved out west. Welcome! :)

Back
Top Bottom