Hi from Somerset(England!!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

somersetscrumpy

Babyface
Hi everyone....just found this site!....great info,etc....Going to manchester on the 15th June...can't bloody wait!!!......going on my own though!!:sad: ...got one for my partner,,,DIDN@T WANNA GO!!!.....can you belive that!!?.....So she had to!!LOL....OBVIOUSLY not compatable!!!LOL..... 1st album was War back in 83 or 84(long time ago..memory fading!!)....New Years day is still my all-time fave song......just awsome!.....anyway....if anyone on here is from the south-west and wants a ticket to see them on the 15th.......get in touch...I will sell for cost price too....(cos i'm nice like that!!):wink: ......though they are sitting tickets!!..BUMMER!!!!..Shane:wave:

oooppss.....sorry..ticket gone...!!...Sister has decided shes gonna dump her 3 kids for 2 days!!LOL...good girl!!...Gotta be worth it !........anyway say hello regardless??

Just Cardiff for me - so not too long a drive really! Quite lucky I guess! They're not likely to play Totnes Civic Hall again like they did back in the early 80's sadly!:wink:

Hi there! You come from one of my fav parts of the country! Welcome&enjoy Manchester! :wink:

yeah it is nice here...I live by the Sea too,which is ALWAYS good for ya soul!!.....actually i was thinking... Do you reckon that in 20-30 years time I'll be able to see U2 at Butlins here in Minehead on a "80's Rock Legends weeekender" ?!?!!?!?!?!.....well if it's good enough for E.L.O!!!!!!!...Lol:faint: .....

:lmao:

I aint been to that Butlins in years! E.L.O played there? I wonder if Alan Partridge was there, crying - "Come back on ELO and carry on playing", like he did at the NEC?

:giggle:

Did he ?!?!?...OUTSTANDING!!!!..... love to have seen that!!:bow: .....Nah you don't wanna go there either!!(well unless you're into chavs!!!!...what a snob i am!! :wink: ...

Hi there! :wave:

My parents and I were going to a U2 gig when I was 15, and they got my older sister a ticket...and she didn't want to go. They forced her too, and she complained the whole time! :huh: That was 8 years ago though, and now she said she regrets doing that and wishes she would have just enjoyed the show. :wink:

:wave: Firstly, welcome to the wonderfull world of interference.

Secondly, I went to 6 shows this tour on my own.....so dont feel to bad.
But I wouldnt worry, U2 fans are real nice (most are anyway) so you'll kinda be there with thousands of friends.

Have Fun

:wave:

yeah thanks...and I'm sure you're right!!....Wish I had the money to see them in the US/Canada !!!.... After all.....you guys DO get a little bit more excitable than us "Reserved" Brits!!! :rockon: ... and I LIKE mad!!!!!!:crazy: ....still i'm sure If i drink enough Gin,It'll all be good!!!

somersetscrumpy said:
P.s ....How DOES one get themselves a pic like you guys have on here!?!?...(Jeez....And this boy WORKS with computers!!)...

The pics under one's name? They're called avatars. To choose or change an avatar, click on the User CP link in the rows of links at the top right. Go to Edit Options and scroll down to the bottom. You'll see the option for an avatar.

Why thankyou good lady!! ... I bid you good day!!..:wave: .....i don't feel "naked" anymore!!!!(and believe me....that ain't a site for anyone's eyes!!!):yikes:

Hi Scrumpy

I'm in the UK too (Midlands though).

Going to shows alone is ok. I did twice for Elevation and soon found loads of great people to talk to. (oh now you are going with your sister).

Cheers guys...yeah my older sis is coming....fair play...she HAS 3 boys!!...and we gotta stay in manchester as its so far away from Somerset...she's More excited than me I think!!!...which is saying something!!!.U2 are TOTP next week as well"

Hi there Somersetscumpy!! Im not too far away from you in sunny Bristol!! I went to see them at Manchester on the 14th and then Cardiff on the 29th!! Great to see you on here!

Back
Top Bottom