Hello. Hoi. Salut. Hallo. Hola. Ciao...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AntonCorbijn

The Fly
Umm...it's more likely a FLY cafe in my case, but...whatever....

NO. No I am not the man. I am not even his size, and I do not have his bank account, either. Sorry.

BUT I am a photographer, too. And a graphic designer. I started my own business three years ago, working mostly for European fashion labels.

The bad thing is that the whole work is very time consumig, sometimes, and it prevents me from contributing to this forum, more often.

But I'm not complaining. Apart from the financial situation.

Although Anton is not an influence on my own work, I admire his style a lot.

I like the fact that he uses available light so often, instead of phalanxes of boom and flash-lights, like so many of his contemporaries. His style really became a trademark which makes so many of his pictures so recognizable and so unique.

A lot of his portraits are modern classics and he's made some fantastic videos, too. LIAR by Henry Rollins, and ONE. In my opinion U2's strongest video.

There are other photographers I like: Jeff Wall, Thomas Struth, Andreas Gursky, Nick Knight, Terry Richardson, etc but picking one of THEIR names as a username didn't make any sense to me, at all.

But hey, this is a U2 forum, so 'nuff said about photography.

I'm a U2 fan since 1985 and I have seen every tour ever since. I would have become a fan earlier on, but I was born too late.

There are other bands/musicians I like: Paul Weller, The Clash, Fugazi, NoMeansNo, Tindersticks, Hue&Cry, The Streets, Arctic Monkeys, Snow Patrol, Nick Drake, The Chili Peppers,...

So. See you in the forum.

Welcome here, hope you'll enjoy your time at Interference :wave:

I wish you good luck with your photographing career :)

:lol: you sure fooled me! What with all those great pictures you've posted, I thought you were the real deal :reject:

Anyways, welcome! And keep those pictures coming :wink:

Thanks everyone for that very warm welcome! I will be very happy to meet each of you in whatever thread...

DreamOutLoud13, I'll be your real Anton, whenever you need one...

Hello Anton! Great username!! Can you make me look tall? :giggle: Welcome to the forum!! :)

Back
Top Bottom