Hello Hello

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Teta040

Refugee
..I'm in a place called vertigo...j/k.

Okay, after crashing the site the past month, here I am introducing myself. go figure.

First, some vital statistics out of the way.

--Age bracket for U2 fans: in the middle (generation X)
--Age bracket for how long I've been a fan: older. 33 yrs. Flipping the radio dials on a cold November day in 1982, when I was 10. stumbled onto the very middle of New Year's Day. this college radio station leaked War early, it seems. never looked back.
--favorite U2 album: Don't have one. Like something from everything, except NLOTH. Welll....Magnificent and MOS.
--favorite U2 song: Bad, followed by 40, Mothers of the Disappeared, WOWY, Streets, One, Wild Horses...OOTS... and my new heartbreaker, EBW.

--Number of times I've seen U2 live: 11
--2 times, Zoo TV: Knickerbocker Arena (now Times Union Center), March 1992, and the Harness Track (outdoors), Saratoga Springs, NY, August 1992. (ticket price for both shows: $28.50, counting fees. Read it and weep.)
--1 time for PopMart. Giants Stadium. Only once b/c I saw the KMart press conference and thought the tour would be utter bullcrap.
--4 times for Elevation, twice in Boston in May 2001, and 2 times in Oct. at Madison Sq Garden--GA at the so-called "9/11" shows. An INDESCRIBABLE experience, esp the first night, one of the highlights of my life. THANK YOU MAIL-IN PROPAGANDA.
--3 times for Vertigo: once in Boston and 2 times again in NYC. This last show for me was bittersweet--my mother committed suicide less than 3 weeks later (Oct. 2005.) I found it very difficult to listen to U2 for years after that.
--Once for 360: Giant Stadium, Sept 2009. Not b/c I didn't want to go to more, but travel difficulties...
--July 26 MSG will be my 12th show, though hopefully I can go to the 27th show too.

Profession: I'm sorry, that's classified.:)

Hobbies/Interests: Writing, illustrating, hiking, collecting old hardcover books, and being an amateur film historian.

Geekdoms/Fan exeriences/loves: Lifelong avid Star Wars fan (remember seeing ESB and ROTJ in the theater when they came out, it was another formative life experience.) Never collected anything but Star Wars Expanded Universe novels though.
Also remember putting on Indiana Jones dramas in the basement, starring Yours Truly, and assorted siblings and friends. Audience: everyone on the street.
(Actually, I am a film buff and can probably find a movie quote for any situation at the drop of a hat. You all have been forewarned. :)

Also love(d): Harry Potter, Tolkien, and George RR Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire...yep, folks, Game of Thrones. (What House? "The North Remembers" , bitches. Stark, still. Rickon will inherit the IT and Arya will kill Cersei, the last one on her list. Sorry, Dany, I love ya, but even though you mean well, you're still Targ unstable. House Stark must have justice. It is written.:).

Now as to my writing style...again, this is where the Tolkien fan comes in. I like to write essay-length posts once in a while , as a reaction to what I feel is the ongoing massacre of the English language via texting. So once in a while I like to do the opposite and go scholarly. I call this "going Tolkien." Plus I don't have a lot of time to post so I say what I mean when I do.

Plus, even though I don't talk about it, I am of a church-going persuasion and have what I like to call an active spiritual life. Though I don't see anyone on here who talks about that aspect of the band...

Current damning factoid: as of Jan 3, 2015, I have yet to hear the full album SOI. Had to wait to get the deluxe physical copy, but I have a ritual for listening to new U2 albums, and I want peace and quiet this month to do that. How have I avoided listening for so long? Easy..the same way I avoid movie spoilers (waiting for the Hobbit films), and the ULTIMATE wait, for George R Martins' latest ASOIAF novel, "The Winds of Winter" to come out. Besides that, waiting 6 months for a tour is easy!

And oh yeah...my snappy moniker. I don't know why I chose Teta in 2005. Prob. b/c the last Prequel was scheduled to be released very close to one of my Vertigo shows. Empress Teta is an important character from the Star Wars Expanded Universe. She lived some 7000 yrs before the time period of the movies. She was Empress of an important star system from which the Republic mined ore for starship manufacture. She was also a Force-sensitive warrior.
The "40"...well, you can guess. Was my fav. U2 song at the time.

I'd like to say more but do introductions drag on too long?

I think you win the award for the best introduction in the history of Interference. I must admit that I don't even know that much about myself and your post has inspired me to focus on getting to know me better in 2015.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using U2 Interference mobile app

I think you win the award for the best introduction in the history of Interference. I must admit that I don't even know that much about myself and your post has inspired me to focus on getting to know me better in 2015.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using U2 Interference Joanne

Your Mexican neighbors will be glad to hear this.

Back
Top Bottom