Hello from Truckee, CA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

divegirl

Babyface
Hi there, Interference! Greetings from Tahoe...

I've been a fan since a good friend introduced me to U2 by playing the song "Lemon" for me in '94 (I think...) while in high school. Fancy that, I wasn't a fan because of Joshua Tree :wink: but rather due to Zooropa! Lemon got me hooked, but all the rest kept me coming back for more.

I was part of the WIRE crowd back in the mid-90s. In fact, I remember logging into PINE on my ancient computer in my college dorm freshman year, waiting for the next issue of WIRE to appear via Email. :cool: I met a bunch of other crazed U2 fans via WIRE, and actually traveled to the Las Vegas Popmart opener and met a bunch of other internet (was it the internet yet?) geeks like myself at the gathering party we had. We even held up a sign that read "WIRE" and I believe we were even quoted in one of the many Las Vegas papers as being the original fan base! Am I old? :slant: :wink:

I wonder if any of those people I met are on Interference?? How can I find out?? I'm not a big fan of mass-email groups, so that's why I flocked to Interference. :)

Well now it's 10 years later, and I'm off to the Vertigo concert on 11/5 in Las Vegas! I'm so excited! And, due to a friend who's spent more of his time gambling than eating, we're going VIP! I wonder if the seats are any good.....?

During the ATYCLB tour, I have fond memories of meeting up with fans I've seen since that Popmart tour after the show, in the area where the band would most likely be spotted. But I've lost touch with them, and I'm hoping to find out where the are now. Plus, meet a bunch more people!

So, hello, and I look forward to becoming a part of this group. :)

Hello and welcome! :wave:

Congrats on the VIP tickets. Who says gambling doesn't pay!:wink:

Back
Top Bottom