Hello from Scotland

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Calum

Babyface
Hello,

I'm an "old timer" when it comes to being a U2 fan. Yes, if my memory serves me correctly, it was in the summer of 1981 when I heard "Fire" - the first time I had ever heard of U2. It was a minor hit in the UK, but the first time U2 hit the charts. I can't remember which album I heard first between Boy and October, but I was hooked on the band after buying and listening to them.

I saw U2 in concert for the first time in January 1983 in Aberdeen, shortly before the album War was released. I heard Sunday Bloody Sunday for the first time during this concert, and it left such an impression on me, that the song was still in my head as I was leaving the venue.

Of course, I have bought every album by U2, and seen them in concert 3 more times since the first time. I haven't seem them since the Pop tour, but I hope to see them again sometime. I think the tickets of the last 2 tours have been overpriced, but I suppose that's what you have to expect from going to see the biggest band in the world.

25 years is a long time to be a fan of somebody, and I think U2 have maintained a consistent high standard over this period of time. I didn't expect them to be still around after this amount of time, but I'm certainly not complaining! I hope we can enjoy much more great music and concerts from U2 in the future.

Calum.

:wave: Hi and welcome! Fire is one of my most favourite U2 songs. I absolutely love it. :drool:

Good luck seeing them in the future :up: Whereabouts did you see them on the Pop tour?

Oh and did you get to see the ZooTV tour?! :hyper:

Thanks for the welcome. I saw U2 at Hampden Park in Scotland during the Pop tour. I did see them during the Zoo TV tour, at Parkhead in Glasgow, Scotland.

The concert at Parkhead was better than the Hampden one. I didn't think the more dancier songs from Pop like Mofo worked live - too many pre-recorded samples, and not the true live sound U2 have a great reputation for.

Calum.

Calum said:
Thanks for the welcome. I saw U2 at Hampden Park in Scotland during the Pop tour. I did see them during the Zoo TV tour, at Parkhead in Glasgow, Scotland.

The concert at Parkhead was better than the Hampden one. I didn't think the more dancier songs from Pop like Mofo worked live - too many pre-recorded samples, and not the true live sound U2 have a great reputation for.

Calum.

:wave:

I was at Zoo at Celtic park&it's been my fav U2 concert so far!:drool: absolutely out of this world! I was at the 1st night then listened outside the 2nd show with everyone singing happy birthday Edge which was ace!!!!! :happy:

hi there - i saw the zoo tour at wembley - when they phoned Graham Taylor - and we all sang - god i can't remember!! if you were there remind me what we sang. XX

hi.gif

Back
Top Bottom