Hello Everyone!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BonoInAKilt

The Fly
Hi everyone! I am new here.
My name is Katelyn. I'm 16 years old and I've been a U2 fan for about 7 years or so. I'm definitely obsessed with U2! I live in Cleveland Ohio. I've seen U2 3 times- once for Popmart, twice for Elevation. I HELD BONO'S HAND! hehe. I love music, writing, hanging out with friends..and so on and so forth.

I just downloaded the new U2 song "Electrical Storm" and I absolutely LOVE IT! U2 is amazing!!

I guess that's all I have to say for now.

In the Name of Love,
Katelyn

Thanks!! I have a thing for guys in kilts. And I was at an Irish festival a while ago and was enjoying all the guys in the kilts..and I thought "Bono would look so SEXY in a kilt!". So i had to create a screen name (my aol screen name is xxbonoinakiltxx. haha
Just think of it..Bono in a kilt..wearing nothing but a kilt *drools*
that is heaven! heh oops. enough of that

thanks for the welcome!

~Katelyn

BonoInAKilt said:
I HELD BONO'S HAND! hehe.
Tell.Me.More. :| :drool:

Welcome! I'm also just 16 years old! :happy:

Bono in a kilt! :lmao: With wearing nothing but the kilt? :eek: :lmao:

Re: Re: Hello Everyone!

FallingStar said:

Tell.Me.More. :| :drool:

Welcome! I'm also just 16 years old! :happy:

Bono in a kilt! :lmao: With wearing nothing but the kilt? :eek: :lmao:

My experience of holding Bono's hand is like a dream. I was not expecting it AT ALL. I was on the outside of the heart, near the tip, right infront, against the security rail thingy. "Until the End of the World" is playing and there I am singing and crying. I was crying because one, this was one of the happiest day of my life. I'm at a U2 concert! second, I'm 2 feet away from Bono, not even! I was just incredibley happy. So I'm being me, singing and crying, and Bono is standing infront of me, with his back turned. I remember him turning around and I SWEAR HE LOOKED AT ME! I looked up at him and he was smiling and singing..and I just remember him reaching his hand to me...and I remember grabbing his hand...feeling his sweaty hand...and screaming "I love you Bono!" and other insane things. I think he kinda laughed at me. And then it was over. The rest of the concert was a blur. I was SOOOO happy. I didn't want to wash my hand!!! But we all know, I had to! :( But that was my experience! Now if I could only meet them! One day...

Anyways Can you imagine..Bono wearing a kilt, no shirt, and all the accesories that go with playing the bagpipes (the socks, the shoes, etc). I have the perfect picture! Bono standing somewhere in Ireland, infront of one of those beautiful green hills...him dressed in his kilt, holding the bagpipes, and just giving one of those sexy looks he is good at doing! hah

wow. I have way too much time on my hands...
I have to go clean the drool up now!

thanks for the welcome. and it's cool that you are 16 yers old as well. I hate when people say I'm too young to like U2 or something like that. Do you ever get that? I just hate getting comments about my age.

Dreaming of Bono in a kilt,
Katelyn :heart:

Dont sweat the comments about your age. I'm 27 and I only WISH I had this awesome taste in music that I have now when I was 16. Consider yourself lucky! :love:

Re: Re: Re: Hello Everyone!

BonoInAKilt said:

My experience of holding Bono's hand is like a dream. I was not expecting it AT ALL. I was on the outside of the heart, near the tip, right infront, against the security rail thingy. "Until the End of the World" is playing and there I am singing and crying. I was crying because one, this was one of the happiest day of my life. I'm at a U2 concert! second, I'm 2 feet away from Bono, not even! I was just incredibley happy. So I'm being me, singing and crying, and Bono is standing infront of me, with his back turned. I remember him turning around and I SWEAR HE LOOKED AT ME! I looked up at him and he was smiling and singing..and I just remember him reaching his hand to me...and I remember grabbing his hand...feeling his sweaty hand...and screaming "I love you Bono!" and other insane things. I think he kinda laughed at me. And then it was over. The rest of the concert was a blur. I was SOOOO happy. I didn't want to wash my hand!!! But we all know, I had to! :( But that was my experience! Now if I could only meet them! One day...

Anyways Can you imagine..Bono wearing a kilt, no shirt, and all the accesories that go with playing the bagpipes (the socks, the shoes, etc). I have the perfect picture! Bono standing somewhere in Ireland, infront of one of those beautiful green hills...him dressed in his kilt, holding the bagpipes, and just giving one of those sexy looks he is good at doing! hah

wow. I have way too much time on my hands...
I have to go clean the drool up now!

thanks for the welcome. and it's cool that you are 16 yers old as well. I hate when people say I'm too young to like U2 or something like that. Do you ever get that? I just hate getting comments about my age.

Dreaming of Bono in a kilt,
:drool: :drool: Touching Bono's hand........ :drool: You're such a lucky person! :happy:

I don't know, Bono in a kilt has to be sexy, but I'd prefer him in a real Irish outfit than in a Scottish one....... :scratch: ..........Bono under trees tending sheep? No - a kilt is a better idea. :D

Nobody has told me I'd be too young to like U2 here at Interference since here are a lot of young fans and outside of the net nobody knows U2 where I live, and if they know them they just say "Are these the four old men on stage?" I hate that, but never got stupid commrents for my love for u2. :heart:

Re: Re: Re: Re: Hello Everyone!

FallingStar said:

:drool: :drool: Touching Bono's hand........ :drool: You're such a lucky person! :happy:

I don't know, Bono in a kilt has to be sexy, but I'd prefer him in a real Irish outfit than in a Scottish one....... :scratch: ..........Bono under trees tending sheep? No - a kilt is a better idea. :D

Nobody has told me I'd be too young to like U2 here at Interference since here are a lot of young fans and outside of the net nobody knows U2 where I live, and if they know them they just say "Are these the four old men on stage?" I hate that, but never got stupid commrents for my love for u2. :heart:

I ALWAYS get stuff about my age. I put up with a lot of it at school. I go to an all girls, catholic high school...haha that's right. I am surrounded by N'Sync, BSB, teen bopper little girls aaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllllllllllllllll day long. Someone, just shoot me in the head now. But I'm a junior now, so it's all good. But I always get crap that U2 is old and all that fun stuff for the students. Then I get stuff from my teachers "im suprised you know who U2 is.. I thought you were too young to know" i know its not that bad or anything..well the example i gave wasn't bad. but i always get stupid comments and i just wish everyone would stop. grr on everyone. But ya know, I've learned to ignore it..I've learned to run up and down the hallways singing U2 lyrics and shouting fun U2 things...its fun to do to the freshman. hah i'm such a nerd.
oh well. I love U2! :heart:

I've had "Electrical Storm" on repeat for the past 2 days! heh. I'm so in love with them!!

okay thats enough from me for right now.
I have homework to do.

Cheers,
Katelyn:dance:

AliTheFOADist said:
HEHEHEHE, you're username is soo cool, im 16 too. and youre bono story, OOMMGGG, thats amazing

I'm glad ya like my user name. I personally enjoy it as wel! hah. You're 16 too?! awesome!! Glad to find some fans my age.

My Bono story...I refer to it as my Bono dream! honestly, it's like a dream...but I agree, tis amazing. I NEVER thought something like that would happen to me..I've gotten used to the lucky ones always holding Bono's hand, meeting U2, etc.

Let me tell you about trying to meet U2. After the Elevation show in Cleveland..I go "who wants to meet U2? I know where to go!" and oh, guess whose idea got shot down. THAT'S RIGHT! mine! I was so PISSED. guess what we did instead...we went to a bar so they could have a drink. I cried the whole time! 1. they can have a drink anytime they want. they can't go meet U2 anytime they want! 2. I'm not "legally" old enough to drink :sexywink: I would have gone by myself to meet U2 but I had no money, i had no cell phone, i had no change to call for cab, they were my only ride home. :sad:
So then I go home upset..and the next day I talk to U2 fans in Cleveland who met them! WHATEVER! I thought my one friend would want to meet them because he is the one who got me into U2( it's okay that I'm madly in love with him as well. but that's a whole other story! heh)..he's a big U2 fan. I just don't understand...
Oh well!

Nothing calls, and I should be doing it! ~Darren Hayes

Cheers, Hugs :hug:, & Guinness,
Katelyn :dance:

That's strange cos I really never get such remarks about me being too young for U2 and so on - but believe me it is at least as annoying when you go to guitar lesson and have to tell your guitar teacher about U2 and The Edge! :mad:

BonoInAKilt said:
Let me tell you about trying to meet U2. After the Elevation show in Cleveland..I go "who wants to meet U2? I know where to go!" and oh, guess whose idea got shot down. THAT'S RIGHT! mine! I was so PISSED. guess what we did instead...we went to a bar so they could have a drink. I cried the whole time! 1. they can have a drink anytime they want. they can't go meet U2 anytime they want! 2. I'm not "legally" old enough to drink :sexywink: I would have gone by myself to meet U2 but I had no money, i had no cell phone, i had no change to call for cab, they were my only ride home. :sad:
So then I go home upset..and the next day I talk to U2 fans in Cleveland who met them! WHATEVER! I thought my one friend would want to meet them because he is the one who got me into U2( it's okay that I'm madly in love with him as well. but that's a whole other story! heh)..he's a big U2 fan. I just don't understand...
Wow, THAT's crap that nobody gave you a lift! :slant: You could have met U2 in person! :drool:

FallingStar said:
That's strange cos I really never get such remarks about me being too young for U2 and so on - but believe me it is at least as annoying when you go to guitar lesson and have to tell your guitar teacher about U2 and The Edge! :mad:

Wow, THAT's crap that nobody gave you a lift! :slant: You could have met U2 in person! :drool:

I know. Thy deprived me of my ONLY dream...and it was the only dream that actually had a chance of coming true.
I'm NEVER going to go to a U2 concert with them again.

I wish I knew more U2 fans here in Cleveland...ones that are just obessed with them as i am...It would RULE to go to a U2 concrt with a bunch of hardcore fans...

oh well. I AM GOING TO MEET U2 IF IT KILLS ME! :coocoo:

Hugs'n'Guinness,

BonoInAKilt said:

I know. Thy deprived me of my ONLY dream...and it was the only dream that actually had a chance of coming true.
I'm NEVER going to go to a U2 concert with them again.

I wish I knew more U2 fans here in Cleveland...ones that are just obessed with them as i am...It would RULE to go to a U2 concrt with a bunch of hardcore fans...

oh well. I AM GOING TO MEET U2 IF IT KILLS ME! :coocoo:

Hugs'n'Guinness,
Yeah, it would defintely rule to go to a gig with hardcore fans. :love: :yes:

FallingStar said:

Yeah, it would defintely rule to go to a gig with hardcore fans. :love: :yes:

I know, wouldn't kick arse? Or at least meet up at a concert in different cities with the harcore fans you talk to online...
That' where I meet all my U2 friends..because I swear, there are NO cleveland fans!! or they are just hiding from me.
But either way..its not fun!

Time for homework! God, I HATE SCHOOL!:banghead:

In the Name of Love,
Katelyn :coocoo:

BonoInAKilt said:

I know, wouldn't kick arse? Or at least meet up at a concert in different cities with the harcore fans you talk to online...
That' where I meet all my U2 friends..because I swear, there are NO cleveland fans!! or they are just hiding from me.
But either way..its not fun!

Time for homework! God, I HATE SCHOOL!:banghead:

In the Name of Love,
Katelyn :coocoo:
TRy http://u2.meetup.com/ . Maybe you find some other U2 fans inyour near. :)

I have still holidays for about 2 more weeks. :tongue: *FS is :mac: * :lol:

Re: Re: Re: Hello Everyone!

BonoInAKilt said:
I hate when people say I'm too young to like U2 or something like that. Do you ever get that? I just hate getting comments about my age.

I'm 15 and people tell me that kind of things too. They are like :shocked: when I told them that I am a huge U2 fan, I love that 42-year-old man called Bono and that he's the sexiest man on earth. I HATE it when people asked you "well, and you dont like those new bands? N'Sync or BackStreet Boys" :mad: :angry:

So I know how you feel! Welcome to interference! Cheers!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Hello Everyone!

teehee said:

I'm 15 and people tell me that kind of things too. They are like :shocked: when I told them that I am a huge U2 fan, I love that 42-year-old man called Bono and that he's the sexiest man on earth. I HATE it when people asked you "well, and you dont like those new bands? N'Sync or BackStreet Boys" :mad: :angry:

So I know how you feel! Welcome to interference! Cheers!

Yeaa, isn't it ridiculous? It's like they want you to love N'Sync and BSB. Whatever! Bono is the sexiest man on earth!!!! No doubts about that!! Thanks for the welcome! :)

I went t that U meet up site a while ago..and the ones in my area, always meet at bars... I could easily go to the bar...but it would be awkward for me to go there and have everyone there be like in their 20's and 30's...i dont know! It would be weird... if they didn't meet at bars, I'd go.
Oh well. :shrug:
I'm going to see Live tonight! :dance:

Cheers,

BonoInAKilt said:

I'm glad ya like my user name. I personally enjoy it as wel! hah. You're 16 too?! awesome!! Glad to find some fans my age.

My Bono story...I refer to it as my Bono dream! honestly, it's like a dream...but I agree, tis amazing. I NEVER thought something like that would happen to me..I've gotten used to the lucky ones always holding Bono's hand, meeting U2, etc.

Oh well!

Nothing calls, and I should be doing it! ~Darren Hayes

Cheers, Hugs :hug:, & Guinness,

Awwwww Katelyn, thats so bad, bless you.
sort of the same thing happened to me when i was in dublin:(

AliTheFOADist said:

Awwwww Katelyn, thats so bad, bless you.
sort of the same thing happened to me when i was in dublin:(

I know, its horrible. I think that it just proves my whole thing of me not meeting U2. I am not meant to. And me holding Bono's hand is as close as I will ever get to Bono...:sad:
That's my theory.

What happened to you in Dublin? (I'm jealous, you went to Dublin!)

Slan,
Katelyn

BonoInAKilt said:

I know, its horrible. I think that it just proves my whole thing of me not meeting U2. I am not meant to. And me holding Bono's hand is as close as I will ever get to Bono...:sad:
That's my theory.

What happened to you in Dublin? (I'm jealous, you went to Dublin!)

Slan,
Katelyn

Well the story is:
I met Bono in Dublin and I was in a pub, the dockers, the next day and a woman who we had met came in the pub and said u2 have just went in the studio and that they were talking to some fans outside. so naturally, i jumped out of my seat, dragged mam by the arm, and flew out of the pub. and when i got to the studio they had just went in:sad:

But its like your story because i asked mam if we could go to the studio to see if they were there, and she said 'no, me and ya dad are having a pint first then we'll go'.

so i could have been at that studio meeting bono again, but no, cos mam and dad were too interested in guiness:rant:
i could have met all of them, not just bono, so i was especially angry:yell:

you'll meet them some day, dont worry:hug:

Bono in a kilt-what a lovely thought..

Welcome to Interference Katelyn :)

Unfortunately for us all :D there are no photos of :bono: wearing a kilt, but how about Ewan?

3353%3B%3A7523232%7Ffp66%3Dot%3E2326%3D86%3B%3D52%3C%3Dxroqdf%3E23233348%3A%3A%3B%3C9ot1lsi

AliTheFOADist said:

Well the story is:
I met Bono in Dublin and I was in a pub, the dockers, the next day and a woman who we had met came in the pub and said u2 have just went in the studio and that they were talking to some fans outside. so naturally, i jumped out of my seat, dragged mam by the arm, and flew out of the pub. and when i got to the studio they had just went in:sad:

But its like your story because i asked mam if we could go to the studio to see if they were there, and she said 'no, me and ya dad are having a pint first then we'll go'.

so i could have been at that studio meeting bono again, but no, cos mam and dad were too interested in guiness:rant:
i could have met all of them, not just bono, so i was especially angry:yell:

you'll meet them some day, dont worry:hug:

Ohh I am sorry you didn't make it to the studio in time...but at least you met Bono. My life would be complete if I met him!
I hope I'll meet them someday...I'll be forever depressed if I never meet him or any other member.:sad:
When they tour again..and if something happens like my past experience, and i cannot meet them...I will fully believe my theory..because I am just not meant to meet Bono.
Thanks for all the welcomes, and the hello's :wave:
And thanks for the picture of Ewan in a kilt, he's a sexy man, especially in a kilt! :drool:

In the Name of Love,
Katelyn

welcome to interference kilt girl! i'm scandalized by your bonokilt thoughts. :uhoh: :wave:

i went to catholic schools too which is why i am now crazy. :crack:

Screaming Flower said:
welcome to interference kilt girl! i'm scandalized by your bonokilt thoughts. :uhoh: :wave:

i went to catholic schools too which is why i am now crazy. :crack:

Thanks for the welcome!! I'm scandalized by my bono in a kilt thoughts as well :drool: he'd look sooooooo sexy in a kilt!
anyways...yeah catholic schools definitely make you crazy. I once wasn't that crazy...but after being in a catholic elementary school for 8 years and now a catholic ALL GIRLS highschool for 3 (soon to be 4! YAY!), i can definitely say that I am INSANE!!:laugh:

I suppose that once and a while, it's good to be insane. So, I guess I have issues! hah oh well. that's what catholic school does to you...
:banghead: I can't wait to be a senior.

I alone love U2 :tongue:,

Thanks for the welcome!

and

AMEN TO BONO BEING THE SEXIEST MAN ALIVE!!

Amen to that sistah! :lol:

~ Katelyn

It sucks to be under 21.

Back
Top Bottom