Hello

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You did it! You finally joined! Interference has had its spot open for you for as long as I can remember.

If you ever need tips or tricks on how to navigate the forums, feel free to reach out and I can send you the 1 page FAQ I put together.

Thanks!

dream it all up again speech

Hi Mikal,

Yes, I could use some help here from you.
As I am looking for years now for Bono's 'dream it all up again speech', I thought I could post it in a forum here. But I don't know where to do it.
I know the speech was recorded on film (vhs ?) but I can't find it anywhere.
As you might know, it was given on stage in point depot, december 30th, 1989 at the end of the lovetown tour.

Can you please help me Mikal ??

Thanks so much

Hi Mikel,

Thank you for a fast reply and the youtube-link.I've already seen that and it is without images, no video. Just the audio.
I am looking for video or even dvd for the speech. I know it has been recorded on (video)tape because I remember seeing it on my news-bulletin back in '89, feeling heartbroken. That's also the reason why the video is so important to me.
Thanks for helping me with search !!

No problem...friend.

One thing you may want to check out is U2Torrents. They should definitely have a download of the show. I'm not sure if you've done torrents before, but you should easily be able to download the show using any torrent client software. As far as burning to DVD, I'm not the guy for that as I keep my entire DVD/video collection on a Plex server and stream it to my TV but the U2Torrents site is probably the best place to look. :wave:

Hi Mikel,

I know all about torrents and downloads, but even at U2torrents, the show of december 30th isn't found.
I've been looking for years now on all sortes of sites ..
Please help me ..

Hi Mikel,

I know all about torrents and downloads, but even at U2torrents, the show of december 30th isn't found.
I've been looking for years now on all sortes of sites ..
Please help me ..

Oh holy cow. I thought for sure that show was recorded. Hmm....sounds like a good ole scavenger hunt is in order!

Hi Mikal,

Thanks so much ! I'm looking out for the search and even more for the result !
Keep me up-to-date please .

Thanks again !

Hi Mikal,

I was wondering how the search is going, any updates ..?
I did (finally) send an e-mail to our local news station, asking if they are able to give me the newsfeed of december 31 1989 or januari 1st 1990. I sended that this morning, so still waiting for answer on that one..

Enjoy the weekend !

Hi Mikal,

I was wondering how the search is going, any updates ..?
I did (finally) send an e-mail to our local news station, asking if they are able to give me the newsfeed of december 31 1989 or januari 1st 1990. I sended that this morning, so still waiting for answer on that one..

Enjoy the weekend !

I need to apologize for the delay in my response. I take my position here very seriously, and I have failed.

With that said, I'm afraid I have some less than positive news. Everywhere I've looked that could possibly host a live video of that moment or concert has come up empty. I do think you're onto something calling your local church, sorry, I mean TV station. My daughter was randomly on the news holding baby chickens at a cheese curd festival, and in calling my local news station, I was able to obtain the video of this moment.

Sorry again, I wish you the best of luck finding the video, and again....on behalf of all of Interference, welcome and enjoy your stay.

Hi Mikel,

Thanks for the update. I received an answer from my local tv-station that they couldn't find the video. They don't keep them that long.
It is amazing that this video hasn't showed up somewhere, as Bono's speech was legendary in that time. I really don't understand. It was shocking news at the time and after the speech, the band took a drastic turn with ZooTV.
Thank you alot for all your efforts Mikel and let's hope that someone will upload it..

Kind regards,

bonavox11

Back
Top Bottom