First real post here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ThisIs40

The Fly
Hi. Just stopping in to introduce myself. I'm a longtime fan and have seen the band 25-30 times (gotta check my stub collection to be sure). U2 was my first concert, and it changed my life. Since then, I have attended hundreds of concerts and live shows seeking the "high" of a truly incredible live performance.

As we all know, few can compare with the power of a U2 performance. In all the shows I've seen, the only other band on the same level is Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band. As a result, I have seen a similar number of their shows. But U2 was the first. And even though I was in high school in New Jersey during the 80s, they were my only number one at the time. That was back when tickets were $12.50 and the best way to get 'em was to sleep overnight in the rain outside of Ticketmaster outlet at Jamesway. Ahhh, the memories. Lone Justice opening, Bono with the supermullet, and the crowd singing "40" all the way out to the parking lot.

Anyway, here I am "Seventeen has turned thirty-five" (wrong artist, I know, but it fits). This tour will be 20 years seeing them. I've got a few boots on vinyl, a bunch of great ticket stubs, and tour shirts almost as old as my girlfriend. And now I've found you...who I hope will be my online friends and help me fan the flames of my unforgettable fire.

--Jim

bonosloveslave said:
Hi Jim, you are a lucky and/or rich man to have seen the boys so many times, congrats! :)
Is that you kissing Bono in your avatar? If so, I certainly envy your luck (not that I would kiss him, mind you, but I'd love to meet him).

ThisIs40 said:

Is that you kissing Bono in your avatar? If so, I certainly envy your luck (not that I would kiss him, mind you, but I'd love to meet him).

You know you'd kiss him if you got the chance...

:wink:

ThisIs40 said:

No, sadly, not me - but I hope to be able to update this pic sometime during the tour! :hyper:

Back
Top Bottom