Brand New Here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bingo

The Fly
Hello. Jeez, this place is amazing. I never knew it existed until I stumbled across it while looking for some files from the SNL performence.

Been a huge U2 fan since around War or so. They were the first band I "got into".

I used to have a ton of imports, promo releases, all sorts of wierd stuff until it was all destroyed in a fire.

Only seem 'em live once, sadly - The Amnesty International Tour.

I certainly hope to catch them this time around though, I've really enjoyed HTDAAB!

Hope you catch you all around -

Bingo

Thanks for the welcome.

Yah, it was rough loosing everything. Without exageration, I've always said the one thing I hated losing was the U2 collection.

Clothes, furniture etc could be replaced. Mementos and knicknacks, well, such is life.

But the U2 stuff, most of it was irreplaceable. Granted, I'm dating myself with this... but I'd spent years going around to those mobile 'Record Collector Shows' that would spring up at hotels once or twice a year and pickup all sorts of wierd stuff.

I had a bunch of really strange and unusual bootlegs. Most from circa '86 and earlier.

The picture disks were certainly an oddity from that era that I don't think really will ever come back around again. The oddly shaped coloured and picture covered albums. Heh.

My prized item was a soundboard stereo 2 record set from one of the opening Joshua Tree concerts. The sound quality was near studio.

One of my fav's was a show from the War tour, chicago I think.

Luckily I've been able to replace most of the imports on CD nowadays.

The bootlegs are pretty much gone though. :sad:

Look forward to hearing lots of stuff from here though.

Bingo

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom