Will there be a second DVD from the Vertigo Tour?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

powerhour24

ONE love, blood, life
With Elevation we got two, one domestic and one in Europe (obviously Slane was pretty damn special though) do you think we'll get a second DVD from this tour? Speculations/rumors are welcome.

One from Hawaii might be pretty cool.

I wouldn't mind another one. I'd buy it! :) I'd love to see Bono doing Miss Sarajevo on a dvd. I was disappointed that it wasn't on the dvd, but then I don't when they added it to the tour.... When he did it in Portland, at the opera solo, the crowd fell silent, and then he just belted out this beautiful operatic solo, the audience went crazy. It was really beautiful, I don't think most people knew he had that in him. I'd buy another dvd just for that.

from Milan or Dublin would be awesome. the chicago DVD is very different to europe, i thought, diffrent set list (no WOWY, Still havent found, all i want is you) less atmosphere from the crowd. also there seemed to be much less going on visually on the screen / light curtain.

That'd be cool to but I doubt it would happen, also if you were there you probably would have noticed camera crews so, I doubt it.

Also, I believe they added Miss Sarejvo on the 3rd leg (or maybe the European) because they played it in December, but not in May.

"(no WOWY, Still havent found, all i want is you)"

True, but those songs are on pretty much every other DVD release, it was cool to get such a variety of different eras in one show on DVD. "The Electric Co.", "An Cat Dubh" through "40", TUF, TJT, AB, all the way through HTDAAB.

Only problem was Bono was sick that week and some of the vocals suffered from it.

Here's a short video clip of the intro for Vertigo from Portland 12-19-05. You can see the energy that night was amazing. The connection with the crowd that night was what made that night special I think, compared to Chicago where the audience didn't seem very into it sometimes... The clip really leaves you hanging tho (sorry!!) so I've also posted the whole song in audio, the audience participation makes it a fun listen.

Just remember to remove the space between "you" and "sendit" after you copy & paste to your address bar.

http://s5.you sendit.com/d.aspx?id=1K4XTLGOYVMLA1Z5SUM19IWZIW

http://s52.you sendit.com/d.aspx?id=1JGJSOB0P6ZYS1IDI1UH71TKNP

i thought that both the dublin & milan shows were filmed though?

miss sarajevo started being played half way through the european leg.

Of course we'll see a Milan DVD. And hopefully the first few songs won't feature poor editing like the Chicago DVD had.

powerhour24 said:
With Elevation we got two, one domestic and one in Europe (obviously Slane was pretty damn special though) do you think we'll get a second DVD from this tour? Speculations/rumors are welcome.

One from Hawaii might be pretty cool.

Another US DVD with a zzzzz audience? NOOOO!!

DVD from Milan!!

Vox

Last edited:
menelaos said:

So was 2 Amsterdam concerts I think...
They do this for archive reasons you think...?
Or for a possible later release of some kind of a box set...? (I'm talking after they retire...So after 2014...:madspit:)

Every U2 show is filmed for archival purposes by the band's crew.

It is true that at Dublin II, they had extra people in to film, but I understand this was not done with the intention of filming for a full DVD release. I can't remember if Dublin I was filmed, and Dublin III was not, despite what U2Tours.com seems to think.

The only shows filmed by a professional crew with the intention of a possible full commercial release were the two Milan gigs.

Re: Re: Will there be a second DVD from the Vertigo Tour?

Vox02 said:

Another US DVD with a zzzzz audience? NOOOO!!

DVD from Milan!!

Vox

Not all US audiences are asleep! Check the clip and song I posted on the previous page. Portland 12-19-05 was certainly awake and U2 even noted it was one of their best audiences of the tour yet. It's too bad they didn't film that one. I have no idea what the problem was with Chicago, but anyway.... Portland was FUN! :D Also I think Bono's opera vocal on Miss Sarajevo was better in Portland than Milan too.

Boston audiences are always into it, particularly the last show I went to in December with the unplained 3rd encore, even the Elevation DVD can tell you that.

we'd better get another Vertigo DVD, I've only watched the Chicago one once since I got it for Christmas and it just feels WRONG the whole time! Rubbish filming and appalling sound, not helped by a dull crowd either...

The Milan show just sounds more exciting, plus it has a far superior performance of 'Original of the Species' :wink:

The Chicago DVD isn't all bad, but Bono clearly had a cold that week (I remember reading that in a review of the show) so that certainly didn't help.

Milan will be great to see, but they should have done Dublin.

Yes Milan is a definite for release.

And Dublin 2 (which was only my second U2 concert and I was at the front between the left side b stage and the main stage) was filmed for archive purposes. Apparently they had 8 cameras there though, which is more than they have for other shows they are filming for archive but less less than what they usually use for commercial release.

The one thing I remember tho was someone holding a crane for either a mic or a light had it right in the path of the camera on Edge on the piano during running to stand still which was a bit shit.

Having said that, the Slane gig was also filmed for archive purposes and that made it onto dvd. So I remain hopeful.

The other Slane show was shot for archive, the one on DVD was shot for commerical release and directed by Hamish Hamilton.

Slane was always going to be released. It wasn't filmed purely for archival purposes like Dublin II.

The other thing to note is that Dublin 2 as a performance was absolutely riddled with errors, they couldn't release it without correcting those.

Back
Top Bottom