Where are the promotions fo the Best of?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Se7en

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Well...where are they? I haven't seen once commercial, and to my knowledge U2 will not be making any sort of TV appearance (besides the slane special...at 10 PM on a FRIDAY night...WTF? and this is well after the release anyway). You'd think Bono would at least hit Leno and Letterman himself as a guest to discuss his African trip and plug the new collection. I don't get it. Anyone have a clue why Interscope just dropped the album off at our door, rang the bell, and then ran away?

Last edited:
Yeah, it hasn't been promoted well. Just some print ads and posters and such. I guess their feeling is that it will be seller over the long-term, which is true, but it would have been nice to see some promotion and push of Electrical Storm at radio and MTV, and maybe some appearences here and there. I mean they didn't even play the EMA's which would have been a chance to play to almost a billion people.

Anyway, I'm pissed that the Slane show is only 1 hour and on at 10:00 on a Friday night!! Then they will wonder why the ratings weren't very good (ala Road to Pop). Why they put U2 there and other artists like Shania Twain and the Dixie Chicks get 2 hour primetime slots is beyond me. At least the fans get to see it.

Actually, there has been a LOT of television advertising. A few weeks back, it seemed that whenever I'd watch the music channels (MTV, MTV2, VH1, etc..) the commercial for The Best of 1990-2000 would be airing. Considering that there's two new songs with videos, the television advertising, print advertising, radio airplay and television specials, there's a LOT of promotion for this release.

Back
Top Bottom