What country's are U2 at No1 in album charts!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

andyuk

Refugee
Please add to the list if U2 are no1 in your countrys album charts! see how many country we can get!

i Know of 3 already:-

1. UK
2. Ireland
3. Holland

andyuk said:
we need to beat ATYCLB i think that was 33!

no ATYCLB was something like 25-28..U2's record is 32 with Pop (that was the world record till Beatles' 1 that made 34)

i know that they are # 1 in Finland,Poland and Brasil too! Failed in Japan as they actually are #4..

CICOLO said:
i know that they are # 1 in Finland,Poland and Brasil too! Failed in Japan as they actually are #4..

this should really be in the "Peeling off ..." forum, where we discuss/debate all sales/charts matters - so please join us.

Mike

PS the `how many countries previously at number 1' discussion is one that we don't agree on at the aforementioned forum. The facts are that POP went to number 1 in 25 countries 9at leat initially, but ATYCLB bettered that and was- for a while -the record holder, until the Beatles takes that record. PM expects `Bomb' to be number 1 in 32/33 countries.

i think we will see that HTDAAB breaks the beatles record for 1 being #1 in 34 countries.

1. UK
2. Ireland
3. Holland
4. Australia
5. Finland
6. Poland
7. Brasil
8. Greece [?]

mikeuk said:

this should really be in the "Peeling off ..." forum, where we discuss/debate all sales/charts matters - so please join us.

Mike

PS the `how many countries previously at number 1' discussion is one that we don't agree on at the aforementioned forum. The facts are that POP went to number 1 in 25 countries 9at leat initially, but ATYCLB bettered that and was- for a while -the record holder, until the Beatles takes that record. PM expects `Bomb' to be number 1 in 32/33 countries.

i got the 32 from a beatles' fan site: February 12 - It is announced that Beatles 1 has set a record by reaching the number one spot in 34 countries, breaking the previous mark of 32 held by U2's Pop. It this point, over 20 million copies of Beatles 1 have been sold worldwide. ...so as ATYCLB was released before Beatles' 1 i assume that it didn't beat pop's record.

Yah ATYCLB didn't beat POP, and couldn't as POP basically topped every country that U2 is likely to be able to top the charts, whereas ATYCLB didn't make it in the USA... not sure about other markets.

ATYCLB hit #1 in 32 countries. "Pop" actually reached 33. One of those countries that "Pop" hit #1 in was the U.S. - a country where ATYCLB failed to reach #1.

Of course, while hitting #1 is fantastic, it's overall sales that impress me. For example, "Pop" hit #1, but sold 70,000 copies less than ATYCLB. And ATYCLB went on to sell 4.2M copies - almost 3x as many as "Pop" did in the U.S.

#1 is really about "bragging rights" and a way to market an album.

#1 in France! :)

Good news from Universal Germany!

6X Platinum: Ireland

3X Platinum: Canada

2X Platinum: USA and Italy

Platinum: Australia, Austria, Germany, Denmark, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland

2X Gold: Germany, France, Brasil

Gold: Belgium, Finland, Greece, Netherlands, Japan, Thailand, Hong Kong, Tschechoslowakia

Last edited:
1. UK
2. Ireland
3. Holland
4. Australia
5. Finland
6. Poland
7. Brasil
8. Italy
9. Norway
10. France
11. Austria
12. USA
13. Germany
14. Swiss

Last edited:
1. UK
2. Ireland
3. Holland
4. Australia
5. Finland
6. Poland
7. Brasil
8. Italy
9. Norway
10. France
11. Austria
12. USA
13. Germany
14. Swiss
15. Canada

I just checked on the Charts All Over The World page and the charts for Italy France Germany Austria and Canada havent been updated yet, so i'd love to know where the information is coming from!
Oh and good news its 2x platinum in New Zealand!
And if you look in the Switzerland albums chart both of the Best Of's have re-charted!

Back
Top Bottom