What are U2's ticket sales in the US ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
"paper sellout shows"? The process on this tour is no different than it was on POP, ZOO TV, or War, or even the last tour, Vertigo. The term "sellout" stands for the selling of all tickets released for purchase, NOT necessarily every possible physical seat in the venue.

I agree with Maoilbheannacht. These are real sell-outs, not some technicality. Parts of every stadium may be blocked (like areas behind the sound stage, areas blocked by overhangs in the seating, etc.) giving the illusion of "empty seats" - but those were intentionally not sold.

Also, with the numbers generated in the U.S. so far, I am blown away. This is NOT PopMart (which actually did generate big numbers in the first part of the U.S. tour). I expected strong sales in Chicago, Boston and New York. But to see them in Florida, Texas and other states is fantastic. It shows U2's appeal. NLOTH's chart position may not be good, but clearly the tour is helping the album sell between 4500-6500 copies each week - and that's also good news. To have a Platinum album with no big hit and to have sell-out shows across several continents proves that U2 is still appealing after all these years.

indeed this is impressive.

Could it be the way they are promoting the tour this time vs 1997? Im curious, because u2 was probably a bigger brand name back then as opposed to now. Of course PoP the album did sort of hurt them, and the tour was named PoPmart which might have hurt ticket sales since people associated that tour with a supposedly un"pop"ular album.

I agree with Maoilbheannacht. These are real sell-outs, not some technicality. Parts of every stadium may be blocked (like areas behind the sound stage, areas blocked by overhangs in the seating, etc.) giving the illusion of "empty seats" - but those were intentionally not sold.

I saw someone mention a couple of cities, and I'd add Boston2 to the list of shows that apparently count as a paper sellout, but had thousands of empty seats. If they're going to hide behind the 'all available tickets sold' smokescreen, more power to 'em, but it ain't reality. I was at both Boston shows, and the second night was well over a third empty in BOTH upper decks, and that's being generous. Huge chunks of seating that had been mostly filled the previous night were empty, and there is no way that scalpers and people who didn't make it could have accounted for all of that. I fully understand the definition of a sellout as far as the industry is concerned, but if they magically reduce the number of available tickets on a second night in the same venue and configuration it would be possible to consider every show ever held a sellout.

I will add though, that I'm still amazed by how well they've done on this tour and I hope to see a couple more shows next year. The twin cities show has to sell out for real ;)

Norman has sold a ton of tickets in the past week. Here is the price levels as of right now...

Oct 18 Norman Ok Memorial Stadium
$250 East side multiples/22
$95 East side multiples/25
$95 North side multiples/9
$95 South side multiples/28
$95 West side multiples/8
$55 GA sold out
$55 East side sold out
$55 North side multiples/30
$55 South side multiples/24
$55 Upper level sold out
$55 West side singles
$30 East side sold out
$30 North side sold out
$30 Upper level sold out
$30 West side singles

The number after the multiples represents how many tickets you can buy in a row. Singles means you can only buy one at a time. Last week all the sections had multiples except for GA, $30 east side, $30 North side, and $30 Upper level. It looks like the $95 North and West side will sell out before show time.

Norman has sold a ton of tickets in the past week. Here is the price levels as of right now...

$95 North side multiples/9
$95 South side multiples/28
$55 GA sold out
$55 East side sold out
$55 North side multiples/30
$55 South side multiples/24
$55 Upper level sold out
$55 West side singles
$30 East side sold out
$30 North side sold out
$30 Upper level sold out
$30 West side singles

The number after the multiples represents how many tickets you can buy in a row. Singles means you can only buy one at a time. Last week all the sections had multiples except for GA, $30 east side, $30 North side, and $30 Upper level. It looks like the $95 North and West side will sell out before show time.

I wonder if Norman, OK, will have the lowest ticket sales from the whole tour. Stage was set up a bit odd in my opinion. It would make more sense to have the stage face the right side of the seating chart.

I wonder if Norman, OK, will have the lowest ticket sales from the whole tour. Stage was set up a bit odd in my opinion. It would make more sense to have the stage face the right side of the seating chart.

they (local news media outlets) are estimating 60k attendance for the concert so i doubt this is the lowest ticket sales for the whole tour.

The stage is facing the East, where there are the most seats. I don't know what you mean by "right" side?

I just checked TM ..This is crazy look how many tickets have sold for Norman since yesterday..compare my figures above to these.

$95 North side sold out
$95 South side sold out
$55 GA sold out
$55 East side sold out
$55 North side sold out
$55 South side sold out
$55 Upper level sold out
$55 West side singles
$30 East side sold out
$30 North side sold out
$30 Upper level sold out
$30 West side singles

There could easily be 70,000 plus at this show

"paper sellout shows"? The process on this tour is no different than it was on POP, ZOO TV, or War, or even the last tour, Vertigo. The term "sellout" stands for the selling of all tickets released for purchase, NOT necessarily every possible physical seat in the venue.

I realize this. They are sellouts, but I consider them paper sellouts unless they're truly selling every seat they are able to sell in the venue.

I just checked TM ..This is crazy look how many tickets have sold for Norman since yesterday..compare my figures above to these.

$95 North side sold out
$95 South side sold out
$55 GA sold out
$55 East side sold out
$55 North side sold out
$55 South side sold out
$55 Upper level sold out
$55 West side singles
$30 East side sold out
$30 North side sold out
$30 Upper level sold out
$30 West side singles

There could easily be 70,000 plus at this show

Amazing! Looks like Norman will be marked as sold out too. Who would have thought it a few months ago?

maybe some people that attended dallas and houston now decided to go to norman since it is closer to texas and decided to buy tickets after those two shows as well.

I have been able to find and purchase GA tix from ticketmaster for Norman for the last two days including about 5 minutes ago. There was clearly a ticket drop a couple of days ago. Not sure why that doesn't jive with the info above.
Also, the entire top deck in front of the stage is blacked out and was not available for sale. Considering that, the smaller GA area compared to other venues and the number of seats available I think 70k is doubtful but it sure would be nice. I just hope the crowd is better than it has been at the last 2 concerts....

GA was sold out, they must of just dropped more so thats cool. I just checked the price level $250 East side and now you can only buy 9 tickets in a row instead of 22 like its listed above in my other response so it is clearly selling. The map doesn't show any blacked out section on TM. It would not make any since either to pull tickets just to make it look like a sell out. I've checked the other sold out sections before when they had multiple tickets left but most of them were at row 60 or higher so they were close to selling out anyway.

I have been able to find and purchase GA tix from ticketmaster for Norman for the last two days including about 5 minutes ago. There was clearly a ticket drop a couple of days ago. Not sure why that doesn't jive with the info above.
Also, the entire top deck in front of the stage is blacked out and was not available for sale. Considering that, the smaller GA area compared to other venues and the number of seats available I think 70k is doubtful but it sure would be nice. I just hope the crowd is better than it has been at the last 2 concerts....

Well, I have to defend my concert experience at Dallas, I heard about the fiasco with the Red Zone and the abundance of socialites, but from where I was standing, I was surrounded by a great and intense crowd. So, it wasn't all that bad.

That's what I thought, cool...here is Norman updated again..they still have GA's but it was originally sold out.

$250 East side multiples/9
$95 East side multiples/9
$95 North side sold out
$95 South side sold out
$55 GA Available
$55 East side sold out
$55 North side sold out
$55 South side sold out
$55 Upper level sold out
$55 West side sold out
$30 East side sold out
$30 North side sold out
$30 Upper level sold out
$30 West side singles

Here is norman today before they stopped selling tickets and below is the current status of phoenix..
$250 East side multiples/9
$95 East side multiples/9
$95 North side sold out
$95 South side sold out
$55 GA sold out
$55 East side sold out
$55 North side sold out
$55 South side sold out
$55 Upper level sold out
$55 West side sold out
$30 East side sold out
$30 North side sold out
$30 Upper level sold out
$30 West side singles

Oct 20 Phoenix U. of Phoenix Stadium
$250 Lower level singles
$95 Club level singles
$95 Lower level multiples/18
$55 GA sold out
$55 Club level multiples/18
$55 Lower level singles
$55 Upper level multiples/18
$30 Lower level sold out
$30 Upper level multiples/11

Wow Phoenix has sold a lot in the past day...
Yesterday...
$250 Lower level singles
$95 Club level singles
$95 Lower level multiples/18
$55 GA sold out
$55 Club level multiples/18
$55 Lower level singles
$30 Lower level sold out
$30 Upper level multiples/11

Today...
$250 Lower level singles
$95 Club level sold out
$95 Lower level multiples/5
$55 GA sold out
$55 Club level sold out
$55 Lower level singles
$30 Lower level sold out
$30 Upper level sold out

New boxscores!

Only two shows reported this week.
U2
Dallas Texas
Cowboys Stadium
$6,664,880
70,766/70,766
1/1
U2
Tampa Florida
Raymond James Stadium
$6,399,375
72,688/72,688
1/1

Bruce Spingsteen #1
Giants stadium
$22,570,336
260,668/270,388
5/4

Does anyone have the results for each show in the U.S. summarized yet? Thanks! :wave:

Most people feel every show sold out.... Just depends on how you count empty seats in venue. Seems tour was succesful but didnt fill every seat. Just seats made available. Also set many records in gross $$$$.

:huh:

Most people feel every show sold out.... Just depends on how you count empty seats in venue. Seems tour was succesful but didnt fill every seat. Just seats made available. Also set many records in gross $$$$.

:huh:

In total, the tour so far has set the gross record for 22 different stadiums. The tour has set the attendance record for 16 different stadiums. A total of 31 different stadiums have been played on the tour so far.

55 mins into sales and this is Denver....

June 12, 2010 Denver Colorado Invesco Field
$253 Club 300 level singles
$253 Level 100 singles
$98 Club 300 level singles
$98 Level 100 singles
$98 Level 500 multiples
$98 NR 300 level multiples
$58 GA red zone sold out
$58 GA sold out
$58 Club 300 level multiples
$58 Level 100 multiples
$58 Level 200 multiples
$58 Level 500 multiples
$33 Level 100 singles
$33 Level 200 sold out
$33 Level 500 singles

55 mins into sales and this is Denver....

$253 Level 100 singles
$98 Level 100 singles
$98 Level 500 multiples
$98 NR 300 level multiples
$58 GA red zone sold out
$58 GA sold out
$58 Club 300 level multiples
$58 Level 100 multiples
$58 Level 200 multiples
$58 Level 500 multiples
$33 Level 100 singles
$33 Level 200 sold out
$33 Level 500 singles

$58 GA red zone sold out

This is just a glitch in the drop down for quite a few shows. These tickets never existed for purchase.

Denver Invesco Field 11 hours after going on sale....

$253 Level 100 singles
$98 Level 100 singles
$98 Level 500 singles
$98 NR 300 level singles
$58 GA red zone sold out
$58 GA sold out
$58 Club 300 level multiples behind stage
$58 Level 100 multiples behind stage
$58 Level 200 multiples behind stage
$58 Level 500 multiples
$33 Level 100 sold out
$33 Level 200 sold out
$33 Level 500 singles

Red Zone is no longer an auction??

The tickets are still an auction. It was just a glitch in the drop down not only for this show but a couple of others. Me and some others tried to buy during the Horizon presale and the tickets were never available.

I pointed this out earlier, but he continues to post that option as sold out. :shrug:

There are auctions in progress right now for all of the shows that had presales last week that are ending this coming Tuesday.

Back
Top Bottom