Week 9

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KUEFC09U2

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
U2 currentley OUT of the top 40 in todays midweeks in the UK, so from the good news of moving up a place on sunday, to the bad news of possibly being out of the top 40 this coming sunday :(

Oh wow...this is awful...flop

Magnificent is at 291 on itunes...come on Magnificent save the bloody album already :lol:

I wouldnt go as far as calling the album a flop, but it is definately dissapointing that it could be about to drop out of the top 40.

I wouldnt go as far as calling the album a flop, but it is definately dissapointing that it could be about to drop out of the top 40.

The Prodigy are going to outsell them in the end, their last album in 2004 only went gold...this album has done awful in the UK

:sad:
The Prodigy are going to outsell them in the end, their last album in 2004 only went gold...this album has done awful in the UK

i think youve summed it up quite well there with the prodigy. i dont understand how magnificent being in high radio play hasnt led to an increase in album sales. and its doing unbelieveably bad on iTunes.

I dont think we can say that people dont like U2 anymore in the UK - look at 18singles chart position, i expected it to re-enter top40 9certainly not top 20) but expetced it out of the top 100 within a week or two. at this rate it will be outselling NLOTH before long.

I think Magnificent/Breathe should help but if not, there is always the tour to boost the album for a few weeks. After that, its up to the album itself to hold ground...time will tell if in the end they outsell X or if X outsells them.

:sad:

i think youve summed it up quite well there with the prodigy. i dont understand how magnificent being in high radio play hasnt led to an increase in album sales. and its doing unbelieveably bad on iTunes.

I dont think we can say that people dont like U2 anymore in the UK - look at 18singles chart position, i expected it to re-enter top40 9certainly not top 20) but expetced it out of the top 100 within a week or two. at this rate it will be outselling NLOTH before long.

400,000 ticket sales sold out straight away here in UK don't think that says nobody likes u2 in the UK anymore!

Just seen a new ad for the album, featuring magnificent and get on your boots, its only the second ad i have EVER seen for this album,

uhm...i hereby see a consequence:
second tv advert and u2 album back in the top 40.
Maybe with a corageous THIRD advert we shall hope in the top 20?

:wink:

Well the single isnt actually out until monday, so i highly doubt we would see it before the release.

global - holds at #6. impressive given there are 3 new entires above them.
sales however at a rather low 82,000

global - holds at #6. impressive given there are 3 new entires above them.
sales however at a rather low 82,000

That's actually a precent small decrease from last week's 94,000. It's a 13% decrease when the week before brought a 23% decrease. I think it shows some leveling off and if things pick up when the single is released, we might even see album sales go UP for a couple weeks :D

Working Friday and Saturday nights in a fast food chain, we have Radio One on which has given us a Magnificent Remix play every weekend, as well as up to 2 regular plays during the daytime, so I'm hearing it quite a bit on Radio One.

How long have the Magnificent EP/Single remixes etc been available on itunes? Just curious.

Magnificent is back into the top 100 Rock Songs on iTunes in the US @ #92 :up:

It's a good sign but who knows if it'll continue...the song appears to be peaking again on all the radio formats and it's begun to decline on the Alternative chart :sad:

Back
Top Bottom