Week 5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I really dont get all this worry and negativity, doctorwho has said he is looking for the album is steady at around 20k a week (US obviously), but the projected sales this week are still above that,

And just for people info, coldplays Viva La Vida is out of the top 75 after just 41 weeks, pet shop boys have also suffered a huge drop, from 4-21,

where as U2's U218 has climbed 2 places from 38 to 36, i would look at this album holding steady in the top 40 until after the tour, then we'll have the awards next year,

Look back at the 2 albums before this, there is always a drop, the key for this imo is hanging around in the top 40.

Hopefully, the release of Magnificent on May 4, along with radio play that has already started, will give the album a bump soon. Then the tour should kick in as well.

U2 need to spend some money to pay off radio stations to play Magnificent. That's how everyone stays at the top.

U2 make more money in 1 day then you will see in a lifetime. Its already sold over 2 million copies and that is more then any other album this year, it may not be the best selling album of the year and who cares if its not but it will be one of the best selling albums of the year and the tour will be the biggest tour ever in terms of money generated not bad for 50 year olds.

In the US, U2 is set to drop out of the top 10, and Taylor Swift will probably outsell them, even after like, a million weeks already on the US charts. And you guys were worried about Kelly Clarkson?

ATYCLB spent just 3 weeks in the U.S. Top 10 - and the third was after it won 4 Grammy awards (where it rose back to #10). Yet, despite this limited time near the top of the charts, it sold 4.2M copies in the U.S.

I'm not saying NLOTH will sell that well by any means. I just don't want people to over-interpret chart positions.

About 10,000 sales this week in the UK

The album is falling fast in terms of sales

I wouldnt go as far as "falling fast" i mean what did it sell last week? between 10-13k? so in fairness if its sold around 10k this week it could be showing signs of stabalizing around that number,

I wouldnt go as far as "falling fast" i mean what did it sell last week? between 10-13k? so in fairness if its sold around 10k this week it could be showing signs of stabalizing around that number,

It was between 13-19 last week

This week it's definitely at around 10,000 (Maybe a few hundred higher)
I can't remember the sales for last week but I think in my mind I had it as being most likely between 15-17.

The thing that is a little concerning though, is that website you gave me, are predicting U2 to be out of the top 30 in next weeks charts, but with 6 new entries to enter, the website was spot on last week for predicting U2 to be around number #17, i really just hope this can stay in the top 40 until the new single comes out!.

But i little note of caution, i really wouldnt read too much into next weeks charts, i have just rememberd this weeks sales will be for easter sunday, and we all know that here in the UK the tradition has now actually shifted to buying presents for your children, hence why i think we will see U2 drop a little bit more,

it is such a shame that the album has had to deal with both mothers day and easter sunday, but i still belive the awards next year, aswell as getting a hit single are important to this album,

If it fell out of the top 30, I'd really start to worry about writing it off as being pretty much done. The album is down to 4th in the to year sales in the UK and it's just gonna fall from there...the album is doing well worldwide but in the UK, it's performance is not great at all

But with the UK one hit single, or tour and it COULD come back into the top 10, it can be done, and again look at the chart runs of the 2 albums before this.

Plus i think to write an album of before its had any chance of winning any awards could be a little naive.

Again wait for around 75%! its already climbed back up 6 places from a couple of hours ago, that said, it was always dropping out of the top 10 this week, there are shed loads of new releases!.

Again wait for around 75%! its already climbed back up 6 places from a couple of hours ago, that said, it was always dropping out of the top 10 this week, there are shed loads of new releases!.

I remain forever positive! And so far so good in my book!

But with the UK one hit single, or tour and it COULD come back into the top 10, it can be done, and again look at the chart runs of the 2 albums before this.

Plus i think to write an album of before its had any chance of winning any awards could be a little naive.

The last two albums were released at good times of the year though, there's a difference between this kind of drop happening in November and it happening in March. I know I'm probably be naive but I think the album is going to end up as a dud in the UK, the band took four and a half years to release and released a comeback single that a lot of publications seem to enjoy quoting as their worst song ever. I think this album is in trouble right now and unless U2 do something quick, it'll be finished

Hmmm... I think it'll be really hard for it to win Grammys or Brits next year.

So you dont belive it has ANY chance of winning an award next year?

I think the album's reception has been too mixed for it to get a good chance. I really can't understand this album's release, it was the album that was meant to save the music industry and Universal screwed up the release so bad.

Why so?, maybe i am the one being naive here but i am not willing to give up on the album just yet, especially when we have the second single just around the corner and the tour coming up,

in all honesty i just think there seems to be so much negativity about regarding U2 at the minute, i mean people worrying about the tickets, worrying about the album etc etc

I think the album's reception has been too mixed for it to get a good chance. I really can't understand this album's release, it was the album that was meant to save the music industry and Universal screwed up the release so bad.

But i think Q giving the album 5 stars will mean alot, i really do,

as i say maybe its just me,

KUEFC09U2, even you have admitted to worrying figures over UK sales drops - if you are worrying, surely there is something to it.

Maybe so, but i am still not willing to write it off just yet,

and if i am honest i really think they still have some more promotion up their sleve to tie in with the release of magnificent etc

Why so?, maybe i am the one being naive here but i am not willing to give up on the album just yet, especially when we have the second single just around the corner and the tour coming up,

in all honesty i just think there seems to be so much negativity about regarding U2 at the minute, i mean people worrying about the tickets, worrying about the album etc etc

I'm not trying to be negative... I just think it doesn't has a BIG chance. But we'll see... a big hit can win a lot of prizes to an entire album. And I still think Magnificent has a lot of chances of doing well in both US and UK charts. Especially US.

Back
Top Bottom