Week 30

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This song is gaining airlplay on multiple formats at an incredibe rate. If it is released as a single for download, which may not be the plan if the album sales are the goal for the fundraising, it could go way into the primary U.S. chart, Billboard's Hot 100. It's essentially at #103 on this chart already with it's debut position on the "Bubbling under Hot 100" chart shown below.

Bubbling Under Hot 100 Singles
Issue Date: 2007-06-30

This Week Last Week Two Weeks Ago Weeks on Chart Title, Artist
Producer(Songwriter)
Imprint | Catalog No. | Distributing Label Peak Position

1 1 10 8 My 64, Mike Jones Featuring Bun B & Snoop Dogg
S.William(M.Jones,B.Freeman,C.Broadus,S.Williams,O.Jackson,E.Wright,A.Young ) Ice Age/Swishahouse/Asylum Warner Bros. | 1

2 16 2 Never Wanted Nothing More, Kenny Chesney
B.Cannon,K.Chesney (R.Bowman,C.Stapleton ) BNA 2

3 1 Instant Karma, U2 T.Herzberg (J.Lennon ) Warner Bros. 3

Can dowload it

I've been away too long. Instant Karma is available for download, and based on those & airplay, it also debuted at #83 on the BB Pop 100.

Further North, the song debuts at #48 on BB's Top 100 Downloads chart in Canada. From this point, I guess it will be airplay instead of dowloads that ultimately determines if this cover song is going do well on the singles charts.

France 29 (37) - highest position for 12 weeks

So good week overall, probably helped by fathers day too - UK artist album sales rose by 34.2% so it probably increased to around 1.2k at # 191 (& 699k in total).

whats with the increase in US?

and whats this song thats bubbling under? i havent heard anything about this at all

Instant Karma

ybird3k said:
whats with the increase in US?

and whats this song thats bubbling under? i havent heard anything about this at all

U2 recorded, and last week released, a cover of John Lennon's Instant Karma. It was a part of a larger collection of Lenon covered songs released last week. The album was done to raise awareness and money for Amnesty International's "Save Dafur" relief effort. Other artists included Green Day and REM, I think, among many others.

Anyway, the U2 cover debuted on several U.S. Billboard charts last week on the strengths of downloads and modest initial airplay. There is a live version floating around that I think is better than the studio release, which even I have heard on the radio.

Back
Top Bottom