week 29

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Billboard Europe Charts

Billboard just updated the Europe Top 100 Albums and Singles:

HTDAAB climbs from 42 to 33 on the album chart

COBL debuts at #7 on the strength of just 4 countries charts (by far the highest debut)

There are conflicting release dates for COBL...some showing last week and others showing this week for the release. The song should chart in a number of additional countries next week, giving it a shot at the Global Charts Top 10 (that would be their 3rd Top 10 hit worldwide...not bad)

I think that the Europe sales will make up for the U.S. drop and keep HTDAAB in the Global Chart Top 40. The album is being regularly quoted as having sold 10M copies now, which didn't happen for ATYCLB until late December 2001, 13 months after it's release. Even with the slowdown in the U.S., relative to today's market, HTDAAB has done very well. Time will tell if predictions, like mine, of exceeding 12M in sales by next March is feasible.

Last edited:
Shame about US : 18 place drop is Bomb's 2nd highest drop so far...but that's great news from Europe - cheers beLIEve!

Denmark up 3 places to #41
I also have the result for Belgium but not sure if that should be in week 29 or 30, either way its very good!

Global Charts

HTDAAB falls from 34 to 37 on the Global Top 40 with 7 new entries above it. It is denoted as having a sales increase, however, which is good news.

On the Global Tracks Charts, COBL does debut at #40 this week.

HTDAAB results summary for this week:

Austria - 68 (69)
Belgium - 8 (23)
Canada - 60 (51)
Denmark - 41 (44)
France - 47 (42)
Ireland - 28 (23)
Italy - 41 (42)
Netherlands 34 (38)
Spain - 83 (79)
UK - 33 (50)
US - 109 (91)

I reckon that the combination of climbs and drops this week will leave worldwide album sales at about the same as last week.

But i think that next week we will have a increase in Uk,germany,belgium....in particular uk and germany are very important markets....so i think that they can stay in top 40 mediatraffic for a lot of weeks...and next week they can increase the single chart (this week City was released only in uk and in a few of counties and cames at #40...) and the album chart....

do you agree?

Re: Global Charts

I think Bomb & COBL will increase, worldwide, next week...

beLIEve said:
HTDAAB falls from 34 to 37 on the Global Top 40 with 7 new entries above it. It is denoted as having a sales increase, however, which is good news.

On the Global Tracks Charts, COBL does debut at #40 this week.

Not bad - I was a bit optimistic about Bomb rising to # 30 but at least it did increase it's sales : hasn't done that for weeks!!

I reckon Bomb would have sold about 36K at Mediatraffic - so, my estimated sales for last 7 weeks of Bomb at Mediatraffic :

7411M + 55K (w.24) + 54K (w.25) + 48K (w.26) + 40K (w.27) + 37K (w.28) + 35K (w.29) + 36K (w.30) = * 7716M

* this months Q magazine says HTDAAB has sold 9M & this months Mojo magazine says it's sold 10M.

Last edited:
ChargedVT said:
HTDAAB results summary for this week:

Belgium - 8 (23)

That's a great result from Belgium but, again, isn't that only the positions from the Flanders chart, not the whole of Belgium?

Last edited:
Bomb goes up 5 spots in Germany this week :

# 86 (# 91)

...not bad but, with the concert there, I thought it might do better.

ps - is that new Belgium / Flanders result for this week or next week?

Last edited:
The Belgium position should fit into week 29's results. The site says its been on the chart for 30 weeks, but like the US, there were street date violations, and enough copies were sold for it to chart before it was supposed to.

edge3 said:
Bomb goes up 5 spots in Germany this week :

# 86 (# 91)

...not bad but, with the concert there, I thought it might do better.

ps - is that new Belgium / Flanders result for this week or next week?

The concert in Germany was on Sunday and the TV-Appearance was on Monday, so it will have an effect on the charts that will be published next week because this chart is the week before the concert.

ChargedVT said:
The Belgium position should fit into week 29's results. The site says its been on the chart for 30 weeks, but like the US, there were street date violations, and enough copies were sold for it to chart before it was supposed to.

Right, I see...thx :wink:

Zoovation said:

The concert in Germany was on Sunday and the TV-Appearance was on Monday, so it will have an effect on the charts that will be published next week because this chart is the week before the concert.

So what do you predict for next week then?

I reckon # 60

edge3 said:

So what do you predict for next week then?

I reckon # 60

Yes, #60 is possible. There was a huge media interest last week in Germany.

The Bomb is #61 on the Amazon Charts at this moment.

Last edited:
SPAIN

Chart:
1-5-5-5-5-6-6-9-9-9-
10-9-12-15-21-27-29-34-40-42-
49-47-64-58?-58-56-66-79-83

Sales: 200,000 (2x Platinum)

Vertigo Run:
1-1-1-4-1-2-3-3-4-1-
2-4-3-3-8-6-12-14-16-19
16-15-10-14-13-16-?-?-?-?
?

Sometimes Run:
1-2-4-4-5-6-9-11-9-11-
12-10-16-19-outofTop20-?-?

City Of Blinding Lights Run:

Vox

as of June20th 2005 U2 have spent a massive total of 1147 weeks on the UK album chart, after first week of UK dates HTDAAB is at 17, Joshua Tree is 53, Best Of '80-'90 54, & Best Of '90-'00 70, with second Twick. date and Glasgow to come plus Live8 wonder if Achtung Baby, and ATYCLB might also make a return

Back
Top Bottom