Week 25

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mediatraffic have updated & it's not as bad as I thought :

Bomb : #25 (#20) - so, well done Tallarico, you were closest.

Sometimes : 34 (#29)

I estimate Bomb would have sold about 48K. So, here are my estimated sales figures for last 3 weeks of Bomb at MT :

7411M + 55K (w.24) + 54K (w.25) + 48K (w.26) = 7568M

Is it possible when U2 tour on Europe, global sales could rise to 100.000 and in fact keep that number ?

If it was possible that would put HTDAAB in sales of 12 million (shipped) in only one year. :applaud:

Last edited:
edge3 said:
Mediatraffic have updated & it's not as bad as I thought :

Bomb : #25 (#20) - so, well done Tallarico, you were closest.

Sometimes : 34 (#29)

I estimate Bomb would have sold about 48K. So, here are my estimated sales figures for last 3 weeks of Bomb at MT :

7411M + 55K (w.24) + 54K (w.25) + 48K (w.26) = 7568M

well,i think it's not too bad and for me they will can earn 2 or 3 position next week in global chart...

EDGE3 i have a question for you:this week in usa bomb solds 14 k.It's too low considering that they played in Chicago 4 shows...For me this 14 k are the numbers of the week without shows and the next there will be a increase of 2-3k....If you see the radio chart when they palyed in Chicago Sometimes earned some airplays...and album nothing?Is it possible that this idea(that the soundscan numbers were,not only in the week 25,really the numbers of week before) is correct?Thanx!!!!!!!and sorry for my bad english......:drool:

Squire said:
Is it possible when U2 tour on Europe, global sales could rise to 100.000 and in fact keep that number ?

If it was possible that would put HTDAAB in sales of 12 million (shipped) in only one year. :applaud:

100k IMO is very very hight....i think that when tour will come in Europe many states like uk,ireland,Italy,Netherlands,Belgium could increase the bomb's number...but 100k is it too much...

Good, #25 is o.k (Mediatraffic).
Now it depends on COBL, the shows in the States will be nearly over and then is a two week break before the tour starts in Europe. At this two weeks it can happen, that the Bomb fall out of the Top 40, if COBL have no influence on the album sales!

Tallarico said:

well,i think it's not too bad and for me they will can earn 2 or 3 position next week in global chart...

EDGE3 i have a question for you:this week in usa bomb solds 14 k.It's too low considering that they played in Chicago 4 shows...For me this 14 k are the numbers of the week without shows and the next there will be a increase of 2-3k....If you see the radio chart when they palyed in Chicago Sometimes earned some airplays...and album nothing?Is it possible that this idea(that the soundscan numbers were,not only in the week 25,really the numbers of week before) is correct?Thanx!!!!!!!and sorry for my bad english......:drool:

I'm not too sure when / if the Chicago dates will / have had an effect on sales of Bomb. But this week there was the Good Morning America thing on TV with U2 & this hopefully will boost sales for next week in US to 15-17K (#60-#70 on BB chart). Hopefully the Chicago / final dates effect will also help increase sales this / next week.

fitz said:
Good, #25 is o.k (Mediatraffic).
Now it depends on COBL, the shows in the States will be nearly over and then is a two week break before the tour starts in Europe. At this two weeks it can happen, that the Bomb fall out of the Top 40, if COBL have no influence on the album sales!

I don't think this will happen - you're too pessimistic, fitz!

The real let-down here is current (not overall) US sales, especially at a time when U2 are on tour there !!!!

I do expect Bomb to climb the Europe charts when the tour hits - and therefore a knock on to the world charts- but COBL is NOT getting great airplay here at the moment. To get NEW fans then they have to release something akin to Sweetist Thing - and the nearest they have at the moment is `A Man & A Woman' , a sure fire radio hit if only they took a chance (something U2 does less these days).

Mike

Back
Top Bottom