Week 24

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KUEFC09U2

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
UK mid weeks:

U2 NLOTH: up 5 to #25
U218: Up 7 to #33

Amazing news, and with the tour due to hit this coming weekend things are looking rather good :up:

I lost all interest in checking the mids when the album sank into the 100's, but good to see it coming back a little :up:

bit of topic, you got anymore shows lined up irish?

also everyone needs to remember that there is 5 michael jackson albums above it which would not of been the case if he was still with us so it would of been 5 places higher!

I have a feeling that the radio broadcast will bring ALOT of promotion also, i mean its going out to around 25 radio stations nation wide, with an estimated audience of around 6.5 million, thats alot of potential people who would listen and think "oh that sounds ok i must buy the album", add to that newspaper storys and reviews of the shows, TV specials (ala the vertigo tour one then done at the city of manchester stadium), etc etc, this could be a very very good month for U2 album sales in the UK.

I lost all interest in checking the mids when the album sank into the 100's, but good to see it coming back a little :up:

bit of topic, you got anymore shows lined up irish?

Nope, just did two of the Dublin shows, if they do Europe again I'll catch them a couple more times

Yourself?

also everyone needs to remember that there is 5 michael jackson albums above it which would not of been the case if he was still with us so it would of been 5 places higher!

You never know he would of been in the middle of a huge series of concerts, all over the press, he could of still had a couple of huge albums in the UK right now

How can you hope for more than that rise in the last 2 weeks :| if MJ albums hadnt resurfaced we would be looking at a top 20 now, and the tour hasnt even hit, U218 is around about 34, and even the JT has come back in at 104,

the next 2 weeks imo could be pretty huge for NLOTH, and none more so than next week when we have a live show going out to 25 radio stations and over 6.5 million listeners.

How can you hope for more than that rise in the last 2 weeks :| if MJ albums hadnt resurfaced we would be looking at a top 20 now, and the tour hasnt even hit, U218 is around about 34, and even the JT has come back in at 104,

the next 2 weeks imo could be pretty huge for NLOTH, and none more so than next week when we have a live show going out to 25 radio stations and over 6.5 million listeners.

Agree with you all the way. But with regard to the UK, if MJ had not passed his albums would probably be even higher at the moment. He had 20-50 shows in England scheduled all of which were sold out. Either way, look at it like this: roughly 6 weeks ago NLOTH was at 158 on the UK charts and was dead in the water. Now, they are in the Top 30 and are sure to be Top 20 within a week or so. Let U2 mania take over the UK :sexywink:

Poland:

Week 24,

NLOTH:
1-1-1-1-2-3-3-5-5-6-8-10-16-21-17-18-15-11-20-28-15-18-9 - 3 :up: :applaud: (the album had to beat a few MJ albums to go to #3:up:)

U218Singles:
17 :up:

but I have only the "top20" infront of me right now, there may be more albums in the top50 :hmm:

...compared to HTDAAB...
HTDAAB:
1-1-3-5-6-4-8-11-8-12-18-15-16-12-15-18-17-21-23-23-30-42-22- // -//-//-//-//-//-...

Album is up to 13 on UK itunes :up:
22 on amazon

It is currently at #43 on the US iTunes, which is the highest I have seen it in months.

It is up to #12 on the UK iTunes (18 singles is at 29)

It is up to #17 on the Canadian iTunes (Crazy Tonight is at 54)

looking gd for tomorrows UK chart and the next few weeks.
i would expect to see physical sales from shops doing even better than amazon / iTunes, more likely to be older people at the shows who would buy it the old fashioned way.

Down to 16 on todays UK itunes, still pretty good though :up:, i honestly still belive we will see another peak after next thursday when the show goes out on 25 or so radio stations.

up to #17 on amazon uk. 2 of the albums above NLOTH on iTunes are compilations and another one is an EP, so in terms of uk album chart positioning NLOTH is #13 on iTunes.

It is currently at #43 on the US iTunes, which is the highest I have seen it in months.

It is up to #12 on the UK iTunes (18 singles is at 29)

It is up to #17 on the Canadian iTunes (Crazy Tonight is at 54)

The album is up to #34 in the US iTunes store, which again would be the highest I have seen it in months.

looking gd for tomorrows UK chart and the next few weeks.
i would expect to see physical sales from shops doing even better than amazon / iTunes, more likely to be older people at the shows who would buy it the old fashioned way.

I would predict a top 20 for U2 in the UK, perhaps 20 or 19 on the charts for this week

I'm surprised and disappointed Crazy has gone flying up the charts, I really thought it would with the concerts

But they didnt really play the single did they? they played a version of the song, but it wasnt the single version.

But they didnt really play the single did they? they played a version of the song, but it wasnt the single version.

Most people won't know that though, they'd just download the song. I'm just really surprised they had no song storm the charts. I mean With or Without You and Beautiful Day made the low 200s while Crazy didn't move. I thought the concert would be enough to get it to inside the top 100

6643 for last week

ah, not that great then really considering the amount of fans theyve performed infront of the last 2 nights! and all the word of mouth / increased publicity etc, and crazy getting (some) airplay.

suppose with falling album sales, we need to judge chart position more than sales and top 20 is good. hopefully will peak in next weeks chart though.

Back
Top Bottom