Week 12

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
World Chart

Bomb slips one place to 7. The No 6 (new entry for Tina Turner) sold 148k, and the No 20 sold 105k - so anywhere between that for this weeks sales.

I would hope for better next week (or the week after) with Sometimes likelyto start charting, and an appearance at the Grammies.

in it's 18th week, Vertigo is at 10. No sign of All Because or Sometimes in this chart - as I predicted with the (failing) strategy of 2 different releases for the 2nd single.

Mike

Re: World Chart

mikeuk said:
Bomb slips one place to 7. The No 6 (new entry for Tina Turner) sold 148k, and the No 20 sold 105k - so anywhere between that for this weeks sales.

I would hope for better next week (or the week after) with Sometimes likelyto start charting, and an appearance at the Grammies.

in it's 18th week, Vertigo is at 10. No sign of All Because or Sometimes in this chart - as I predicted with the (failing) strategy of 2 different releases for the 2nd single.

Mike

that chart refers to week 11...in the world chart week 1 was based only on japanese chart.

anyway we also know that #13 sold 122k copies so U2 sold anything between 148k and 122k.

Ireland & others

4 (5) - Sometimes - 3 (not as high as I expected)

Europe 5 (4)

Argentina 1, with Best of 80 at 19 - strange chart as both shown as only 1 week on the chart ?

Mike

Re: Ireland & others

mikeuk said:
4 (5) - Sometimes - 3 (not as high as I expected)

Europe 5 (4)

Argentina 1, with Best of 80 at 19 - strange chart as both shown as only 1 week on the chart ?

Mike

Please,explain these numbers..

i think! in the european charts (all the countrys involved) the album has fallen to number 5 (one place), sometimes reached number 3 in ireland, which is a suprise because it is on course to be number 1 here in the UK, or at least number 2 which is still exellent considering state of UK charts

KUEFC09U2 said:
i think! in the european charts (all the countrys involved) the album has fallen to number 5 (one place), sometimes reached number 3 in ireland, which is a suprise because it is on course to be number 1 here in the UK, or at least number 2 which is still exellent considering state of UK charts

Correct !

UK chart

On CDUK they said it was too close to call what w/be number 1 - and then played the version of Sometimes recorded at their studios.

Mike

normally when CDUK say its too close to call and then play U2 as the last song, pretty much means U2 are 90% certain to get number 1

KUEFC09U2 said:
normally when CDUK say its too close to call and then play U2 as the last song, pretty much means U2 are 90% certain to get number 1

as we know CDUK are BIG U2 fans, but I think it is (was) really too close to call - maybe playing that clip (about time the -great- video was played -is (was) an attempt to push sales in the final stretch ?

Mike

well we will find out tomorrow, just hope to god this song gets what it deserves, and U2 hit number 1 once again for the first time ever having 2 number 1 from an album

Week 12 is really the week where the effects of The Mullen Apology really start to show. And the Belgium and Netherlands reports show that my theory was right - U2 are beginning the mother of all comebacks. Mullen truly is an asset to the band.

Cheers,

J

"In Australia U2 HTDAAB down from #18 to #19"

@jick: the Mullen Apology starts to show. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

actually just checked this out and am not "quite" sure if this is the offical UK chart, it says CDUK chart?

Back
Top Bottom