USA Best Selling Albums Of All Time

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
STING2 said:

Album sales: / EUROPE / UNITED STATES

St. Anger / 1 million / 2 million

ATYCLB / 4 million / 4.2 million

St. Anger only sold 4.5-5 million copies worldwide

ATYCLB sold over 12 million copies worldwide.

Every show on the Elevation Tour was soldout! Nearly half the shows on the St. Anger tour in the United States failed to sellout! Over 10,000 tickets were still available for sell when Metallica played its second show at the Wachovia Center two months ago in Philadelphia! The single show in Washington DC at the MCI center still had tickets available at show time.

u2 success is nothing.u2 played same cities and arenas over and over again.this is nothing.metallica played all 50 states in america since 89.u2s 3-4 tours sell well and gross alot because their fan base richer than metallica fan base.

metallica played arenas,stadiums,amphitheaters non stop in 96-97-98-99-2000.they played 5x more arena and stadium shows than u2.because their selling power still strong after non stop shows

lars ulrich says st anger is the best selling metallica album in europe since black album.1 million sales is fake.only riaa have the officia numbers.ifbi site is fake

atycl sold great because it has great singles.if u2 realese poor album it will not sold more than 4 million copies

st anger sold more than 7 million worldwide in 1,5 years.it is still worst metallica album ever

metallica have more fans than u2 worldwide.their avarage sales better than u2

metallica sold millions with hard-rock-heavy metal albums.u2 is pop-rock their fan base is not die hard like metallica

if metallica release wost album ever.it still sold platinum every where.in fact metallica more well known rock band in the world

every people heard metallicas name.they are icon-household name

u2 pop sold 1.5 million copies in the us.reload 3.8

in 2000 metallica sold 3 million records of thier back catalog sales in the us

metallica is the biggest rock band in the world.i think u2 is the biggest pop band.%90 of their songs sounds like a ballad:(

in us nobody heard u2 except u2 fanatics.black album sold more than joshua tree in 2003.master of puppets sold more than achtung baby in 2003.these are facts

Yahweh said:
How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb has already sold more then St. Anger and I feel it will sell more then ATYCLB by a heafty margin as well....Id have to go on record as saying Metallica's time among us thank goodness is almost at an end.

Metallica: Swedish Gig Sells Out In Two Hours
Tickets for Metallica's concert scheduled for May 30, 2004 at Ullevi stadium in Gothenburg, Sweden sold out within two hours after going on sale on Wednesday (December 10), according to local media reports. More than 60,000 tickets were snapped up for Metallica's biggest-ever gig in Sweden, and their first in the Scandinavian country since 1998 when they played Stockholm.
may3004_13.jpg

METFIELD said:

u2 success is nothing.u2 played same cities and arenas over and over again.this is nothing.metallica played all 50 states in america since 89.u2s 3-4 tours sell well and gross alot because their fan base richer than metallica fan base.

metallica played arenas,stadiums,amphitheaters non stop in 96-97-98-99-2000.they played 5x more arena and stadium shows than u2.because their selling power still strong after non stop shows

lars ulrich says st anger is the best selling metallica album in europe since black album.1 million sales is fake.only riaa have the officia numbers.ifbi site is fake

atycl sold great because it has great singles.if u2 realese poor album it will not sold more than 4 million copies

st anger sold more than 7 million worldwide in 1,5 years.it is still worst metallica album ever

metallica have more fans than u2 worldwide.their avarage sales better than u2

metallica sold millions with hard-rock-heavy metal albums.u2 is pop-rock their fan base is not die hard like metallica

if metallica release wost album ever.it still sold platinum every where.in fact metallica more well known rock band in the world

every people heard metallicas name.they are icon-household name

u2 pop sold 1.5 million copies in the us.reload 3.8

in 2000 metallica sold 3 million records of thier back catalog sales in the us

metallica is the biggest rock band in the world.i think u2 is the biggest pop band.%90 of their songs sounds like a ballad:(

in us nobody heard u2 except u2 fanatics.black album sold more than joshua tree in 2003.master of puppets sold more than achtung baby in 2003.these are facts

The IFPI is NOT a FAKE website. go to www.ifpi.org

IFPI certifies album sales in EUROPE. the RIAA only covers America.

THIS IS NOT A METALLICA WEBSITE OR FORUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you want to talk about Metallica and what you believe are the "facts", please go to a Metallica website and do that.

Several other people including myself have already explained to you the multiple facts about the success of U2's album sales and concert touring success. You have ignored this and persist in your beliefs. Thats fine, but this is not the website or the forum for that and people in here are getting tired of that.

The purpose of nearly everyone of your posts is to emphasize your thoughts on Metallica and nothing else! Thats great, but not in a U2 website in a forum dedicated to U2.

METFIELD said:

Metallica: Swedish Gig Sells Out In Two Hours
Tickets for Metallica's concert scheduled for May 30, 2004 at Ullevi stadium in Gothenburg, Sweden sold out within two hours after going on sale on Wednesday (December 10), according to local media reports. More than 60,000 tickets were snapped up for Metallica's biggest-ever gig in Sweden, and their first in the Scandinavian country since 1998 when they played Stockholm.
may3004_13.jpg

Just wait until the Atomic Tour starts. The sales statistics will be astronomical I assure you.

Face it. Metallica can't sell loads of albums anymore, and they will not be remembered as equals or near equals of The Beatles, the Rolling Stones, or U2, or Pink Floyd.

FullonEdge2 said:

Just wait until the Atomic Tour starts. The sales statistics will be astronomical I assure you.

Face it. Metallica can't sell loads of albums anymore, and they will not be remembered as equals or near equals of The Beatles, the Rolling Stones, or U2, or Pink Floyd.

floyd,the beatles,rolling stones both are legends.u2 is only great rock band

metallica is the best and biggest hard rock-heavy metal band ever.they sold 10x more merchnadise and tshirts than u2

metallica sold more albums than u2 every year.this is fact

I thought their lead singer went deaf recently or something maybe they developed some hearing aids for him...and as for a band sounding the same album after album Metallica is one of the worst offenders for that....yes they are big for a metal band but they arent even the biggest metal band ever....AC/DC blows Metallica out of the water for world wide sales.

You know, I used to read a boxoffice site, and there was someone on there who posted in the exact same way as "metfield" the same trollish posts, ignorance of blatant facts etc..the similarities are freaking me out ;)

Why do these threads keep turning into a "Metallica sells more than U2" topic?

This is a U2 forum. It's nice to see where U2 stands with other artists, including Metallica. However, I don't need to read post after post arguing that Metallica is *clearly* the bigger artist. If you feel this is true, then go to a Metallica forum.

We are more than happy to state a bigger artist. Eminem, for example, will clearly outsell U2 in the U.S. The Stones will probably outgross U2 on their next tour.

However, when one combines album sales around the world and touring $$ from around the world, it does appear U2 is either the biggest artist today or VERY near the top. Sorry to say, Metallica is not #1 here. The statistics just don't back it up.

Yes, they have outstanding catalog sales. And they will succeed in various markets - but not all. They have a solid fan base, but as of this moment, I don't see them debuting a new album with 800,000 copies. They are certainly a powerful force and they are probably VERY wealthy from their success, but they are no longer at U2's, Eminem's or the Stones' levels.

However, even if you disagree, I really don't care. This is a U2 forum. Commenting about a bigger artist is fine. Taking over a thread discussing Metallica is not.

doctorwho said:
Why do these threads keep turning into a "Metallica sells more than U2" topic?

This is a U2 forum. It's nice to see where U2 stands with other artists, including Metallica. However, I don't need to read post after post arguing that Metallica is *clearly* the bigger artist. If you feel this is true, then go to a Metallica forum.

We are more than happy to state a bigger artist. Eminem, for example, will clearly outsell U2 in the U.S. The Stones will probably outgross U2 on their next tour.

However, when one combines album sales around the world and touring $$ from around the world, it does appear U2 is either the biggest artist today or VERY near the top. Sorry to say, Metallica is not #1 here. The statistics just don't back it up.

Yes, they have outstanding catalog sales. And they will succeed in various markets - but not all. They have a solid fan base, but as of this moment, I don't see them debuting a new album with 800,000 copies. They are certainly a powerful force and they are probably VERY wealthy from their success, but they are no longer at U2's, Eminem's or the Stones' levels.

However, even if you disagree, I really don't care. This is a U2 forum. Commenting about a bigger artist is fine. Taking over a thread discussing Metallica is not.

first week sales is not important.metallica played 200 date arena-stadium-festival show in st anger world tour.black album sold 1 million copies in 2003

www.metontour.com they will tour again in late 2005
http://www.encycmet.com/news/2003-06-15b.shtml

http://metallica.chost.pl/foto/tape...pg?PHPSESSID=b8fe870e45ce545df7cc1b4338295263
http://metallica.chost.pl/foto/tapety/tap2.jpg?PHPSESSID=b8fe870e45ce545df7cc1b4338295263

METFIELD said:

first week sales is not important.metallica played 200 date arena-stadium-festival show in st anger world tour.black album sold 1 million copies in 2003

www.metontour.com they will tour again in late 2005
http://www.encycmet.com/news/2003-06-15b.shtml

http://metallica.chost.pl/foto/tape...pg?PHPSESSID=b8fe870e45ce545df7cc1b4338295263
http://metallica.chost.pl/foto/tapety/tap2.jpg?PHPSESSID=b8fe870e45ce545df7cc1b4338295263

yes, you're right they're bigger than the Beatles and than Jesus. Seriously: get a life.

ah, as a side note St.Anger sold 4.5 millions worldwide according to a link YOU have provided...and according to riaa 2 million copies were shipped in the US

Last edited:
METFIELD This forum is for chart/sales talk about U2.
Please stick to discussions about U2. Comparing other artists occasionally is fine but you have over loaded this forum with Metallica and Guns & Roses talk and if it continues, further action will need to be taken. I am sure there are plenty of Metallica forums you can post at.

Thanks.

Dima said:

yes, you're right they're bigger than the Beatles and than Jesus. Seriously: get a life.

ah, as a side note St.Anger sold 4.5 millions worldwide according to a link YOU have provided...and according to riaa 2 million copies were shipped in the US

st anger sold 7 million worldwide.4.5 million in six moths

metallica sold more tickets-thsirts,merchnadise than beatles.least selling metallica album sold more than beatles least selling

if metallica release worst rock album ever it stil sold more than bo y and october:wave:

http://www.billboard.com/bb/biz/yearendcharts/2003/tlctitl.jsp
http://www.billboard.com/bb/biz/yearendcharts/2003/tlcarts.jsp

in fact metallica is the biggest-best and most important rock band in the world.

worldwide more people heard metallica than u2.they are icon like michael jordon.the are biggest money maker in the rock world.they sold millions of tshirts every year

Sicy said:
METFIELD This forum is for chart/sales talk about U2.
Please stick to discussions about U2. Comparing other artists occasionally is fine but you have over loaded this forum with Metallica and Guns & Roses talk and if it continues, further action will need to be taken. I am sure there are plenty of Metallica forums you can post at.

Thanks.

ok sorry.i will only read posts now

metallica is life style not music group:drool:

..all the respet to Metallica,their fans & their ultramultimultiplatinum records..but.please, stop this boring discussion..

This is Fact .....

Hmmm fanboy, who are you trying to convince ? Everything you tell us is suddenly authentic because of this statement ? Some punctuation might help also. It might prevent you being perceived as some potential teenage serial killer.

No one here is knocking Metallica (hell I've even met them a couple of times) but the numbers really dont back up your assertions.

Back
Top Bottom