U218- week 9

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Australia #4 (#5)

WITS enters at #17 on the singles chart...
Interesting to note, though, that it is #9 on the Physical singles chart.

Good news so far. It will probably be another good week for the album. I hope that US sales will be ok.

ybird3k said:
any UK sales figures?

same as last week i should imagine

Overall artist albums sales dropped by only 0.6%...#'s 2-4 each did ~18k but # 6 only did 13.5k. So i would think U218, at # 14 again, did 9-10k.

Btw Ybird, you were right about 11k last week (~11.5k i believe).

Last edited:
ybird3k said:
isnt it about time sales start to pick up a bit now? januarys almost over

Valentines Day, Brits etc still few wks away, though overall artist album sales are indeed 6% down on same week last year.

Last edited:
3.1m 'sold' (really shipped) outside the UK according to this weeks MusicWeek - 3rd best selling, worldwide, UK sourced album of 2006.

So add on UK sales/shipments of ~700k & it must be ~3.8m in total for U218 to date.

Last edited:
this albums doing far better than my initial expectations so far, i think its easily going to outsell 90-00. will be interesting to see how it sells compared to both the bests of, over the next few years.

not good HITS final

U2 # 42, 16,380 (-21%)

whats with the beatles being up 33% to #12?? :huh: :mad:

i think maybe beatles will be back to #1 on mediatraffic this week.

(also Corinne Bailey Rae up 123% to #4? anyone know why this is)

ybird3k said:
not good HITS final

U2 # 42, 16,380 (-21%)

whats with the beatles being up 33% to #12?? :huh: :mad:

i think maybe beatles will be back to #1 on mediatraffic this week.

(also Corinne Bailey Rae up 123% to #4? anyone know why this is)

You are right, the Beatles could be #1 again on the worldchart. It depends on how their charts positions are in other countries because U2 is doing very well in a lot of countries. I'm not that happy about the fact that it's not the case in the US.

France : 4 (3)
Canada : 8 (9)
Switzerland : 8 (6)
Norway : 10 (12)
US : 47 (35)

Shockingly bad performance in US (seems to be about their worst performing album there ever!), still i think it'll stay at 1 on world chart : well most places U2 seem to be ahead of The Beatles (just!).

Last edited:
i dont believe it, Mediatraffic

#1 Boa 182,000
#2 U2 128,000 (-11%)
#3 Beatles 118,000 (-18%)
#4 Nelly Furtado (+7%)

im surprised to see beatles descreased by more than U2, considering the US sales this week. i guess 18 singles sales must be now doing far better outside of the US, (tho not in UK).

i think next week #2 again on MT, behind Nelly Furtado. my prediction

#1 Nelly F (121,000)
#2 U2 (114,000)
#3 Boa
#4 Beatles / JT (99,000)

Last edited:
Well i thought this could happen. Same in week 3 of Bomb too. We obviously need to do more homework on Japan/Korean artists/charts then - of which i know nothing. As predicted though i'm not too surprised at the increased lead on the Beatles.

Last edited:
Wot type of artist is Boa. Maybe she is big in Asia , she could be top for quite a while now.

Back
Top Bottom