U218- week 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ChargedVT said:

Australian sales figures are very hard to come by. There is only one site i know of that SOMETIMES puts sales figures up by a couple of the top selling albums of the week, usually around christmas time.
I got the figure for Week 1 from an article that appeared in the newspaper that was reporting how successful the tour was here in Australia. Rest assured, as soon as I know anything it will be posted on here.

OK cheers man...considering it stayed @ # 1 & was re-certified 2xP i would guess it sold around 30k. So still great going.

Canada : down 4 to 7 with most likely about 18k (Beatles # 3 with 24k) so overall sales now about 37k.
Spain : down 3 to 5 & now 1xPlatinum (= shipments of 80k) so overall sales probably now 30-40k too.

Last edited:
mediatraffic #4, 330,000.

beatles #1 with 436k

possible u2 for #1 next week?, might have been this week if it wasnt for the big decrease in US

ybird3k said:
mediatraffic #4, 330,000.

beatles #1 with 436k

possible u2 for #1 next week?, might have been this week if it wasnt for the big decrease in US

Again though, the figures seems a bit low. I came up with an estimate of around 380k.

Let's see what the other world chart says when that's posted, should be today?

Billboard 12/16 issue

Here's the rundown for U218 week 2 on all of Billboard's charts, plus the two singles, which will come out in the December 16 issue:

Top 200 Albums: Down 12 to 24
Top Digital (downloaded) Albums: Down 4 to 8
Top Internet Album Sales: Down 4 to 14
Top Rock Albums: Down 3 to 6
Canada Top Albums: Down 4 to 7
Euro Top 100 Albums: #2 again

Hot 100 Singles: Saints down 9 to 60
Pop 100 Singles: Saints down 9 to 49
Hot Digital Tracks: Saints down 5 to 34
Hot Digital Songs: Saints down 9 to 36
Modern Rock: WITS up 1 to 35
Adult Top 40: WITS #28 again
Hot Videoclip Tracks: Saints re-enters at #3
Hot Canadian Digital Tracks: Saints re-enters at #2

Eurochart singles and downloads to come later. All in all, not bad performance for the Hits collection or the two new singles. It's not surprising to see that there's no sign of any other U2 albums on the Pop Catalog charts, I guess, as this collection will likely be the "new" long-term catalog seller for U2, at least here in the U.S.

ChargedVT said:

Again though, the figures seems a bit low. I came up with an estimate of around 380k.

Let's see what the other world chart says when that's posted, should be today?

Well after last weeks 421k Media Traffic figure i was seriously expecting no more than 300k this week! It sold about 240k in those same 6 markets this week :

UK - 85k
US - 59k
Australia - ~30k
Japan - 27k
France - 21k
Canada - ~18k

So 330k means these 6 markets made up ~70% of it's total sales this week which is definitely more accurate than last week, when the figure was 86%! (though also more correctly ~70% on Hit List World Chart).

Last edited:
#5 in Spain with 80,000 copies sold (now, PLATINUM).

2-5

Saints still #1 after 5 weeks!!

U218 VIDEOS, #6 (#2), after 2 weeks.

Vox

Hit List World Chart figures are only slightly higher than Media Traffics this week (though still more accurate) :

U218 Singles : stays at 3 with 340,700. So 2 week Hit List total is now 852,600
Beatles' 'Love' : stays at 1 with 441k vs. 436k at Media Traffic (2 week Hit List total = 1.210m)

Media Traffics' 2 week totals = 751k for U2 & 1.157m for Beatles

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom