U2 most played radio song worldwide?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

andyuk

Refugee
Hi there does anyone have any info on what U2 song has/is being played most on worldwide radio? obvoiusly from country to country it would probably be different but does any know which song actually gets played the most worldwide?

I live in UK i would probably say Beautiful Day, Still Hav'nt Found or With or Without you is the most played here but i might be wrong!

I thought they said the song selection for U2:18 was based on worldwide radio airplay.

If I am not mistaken, i thought that I still haven't found what I am looking for in the US. I read this somewhere on ukmix forums a while ago.

Something off Joshua Tree Id say With Or Without You, I Still Havent Found or Streets is #1, but I dont think there is any organization that keeps track of this stuff, at least at the world wide level.

Beautiful Day is the most played everywhere, even in the US thanks to Triple A/Adult Radio although I hear it on pop stations (ones that play Rihanna around the clock) very often. "With Or Without You" has to be right behind in the US, based on my experience probably followed by "Pride"..."One" doesn't receive that much play here for some reason. It doesn't fit the classic rock or rock formats as well as their earlier material and it's not from the 80's so it doesn't get played in "retro" playlists/shows.

Oh, "The Sweetest Thing" is also an airplay monster while "New Year's Day"/"Sunday Bloody Sunday" are really all the classic rock and rock formats will touch.

Christmas, Baby please come home still seems to rule during the month of December...and NYD in January.

Overall, I'd say BD has been the most played U2 song on the radio since 2000, with WOWY taking the top spot for the "all-time" most played song from U2.

It's definitely With Or Without You for the all-time record. There's no question about that. One isn't even in the top five all-time or even on a yearly basis for the last decade. It's a very well liked song, but it doesn't get nearly as much play on radio as their biggest 80s hits. I've heard Mysterious Ways far more often on the radio in my lifetime to be honest.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom