U2 360 Boxscore Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
will they call the tour sold out

Went on tm last night and only show I couldnt pull tickets was NJ 1. Will they proclaim that the tour was sold out? I remember Vertigo tour they said every areana sold out but when I went to charlotte they sold no seats behind the stage.

Anyway it looks like anyone that wants to see them can. I pulled $30 seats in last row for DC last night... So nice to have some cheap seats. Might as well wait for the DVD.

Our economy sucks H1N1 floating around so be careful
What you think of the full in the round at norman OK:up:....
That is the place to see them on this tour as it is small.

she is doing great in certain markets, but it is interesting to know that she canceled her gig in Slovenia due to bad sales (only some 10.000 tickets), and that her gig in Belgrade was far from full sellout. At the same time U2 sold out two gigs in Zagreb which covers the same teritory

Heard a lot of things about sales...5 000, 10 000, 20 000. The media is saying 25 000 but apparently just to break even she'd have to sell 40 000 tickets.

went on ebay and the scalpers are selling north american u2 tickets (non-GA) for under face value LMAO. serves them right.

I'd sure like to see some of these auctions for lower level seats in NJ (since it seems like GA seats need you to apply for a mortgage).

does anybody have the attendance figures for the Rolling Stones' Steel Wheels Tour? I feel that this is U2's Steel Wheels....breaking attendance records and there being so much hype over this tour and such.

does anybody have the attendance figures for the Rolling Stones' Steel Wheels Tour? I feel that this is U2's Steel Wheels....breaking attendance records and there being so much hype over this tour and such.

Vooodoo Lounge was actually the largest attended Stones tour Worldwide. There were nearly 6.5 million people in attendance for the tour worldwide. Voodoo Lounge visited places like Australia, New Zealand, South America, South Africa, that Steel Wheels did not go to. Steel Wheels did North America, Europe, and Japan, but none of the other places.

Wow, I'm wondering if PINK set a record with her 49 date tour of Australia this summer:

May 30, 2009 - August 20, 2009
Melbourne, Australia
Melbourne Park, Rod Laver Arena
GROSS: $17,234,669
ATTENDANCE: 214,956
CAPACITY: 222,214
SHOWS: 17
SELLOUTS: 0
Average Ticket Price: $80.18

June 12, 2009 - August 26, 2009
Brisbane, Australia
Brisbane Entertainment Centre
GROSS: $11,277,153
ATTENDANCE: 136,114
CAPACITY: 142,800
SHOWS: 12
Average Ticket Price: $82.85

June 6, 2009 - July 18, 2009
Sydney, Australia
Sydney Entertainment Centre
GROSS: $9,538,321
ATTENDANCE: 116,772
CAPACITY: 120,344
SHOWS: 10
Average Ticket Price: $81.68

May 22-23, Aug. 7-8, 2009
Perth, Australia
Burswood Dome
GROSS: $5,675,332
ATTENDANCE: 70,613
CAPACITY: 73,044
SHOWS: 4
Average Ticket Price: $80.37

May 26-27, Aug. 4-5, 10-11, 2009
Adelaide, Australia
Adelaide Entertainment Centre
GROSS: $4,283,421
ATTENDANCE: 52,471
CAPACITY: 55,470
SHOWS: 6
Average Ticket Price: $81.63

TOTALS FOR PINK'S AUSTRALIAN TOUR:
GROSS: $48,008,896
ATTENDANCE: 590,926
AVERAGE GROSS: $979,773
AVERAGE ATTENDANCE: 12,060
SHOWS: 49
Average Ticket Price: $81.24

590,926 people is a lot. I'm not sure if there is a tour that has played to more in Australia. Essentially 1 out of every 34 people in Australia saw this tour. Yet, not a single show was actually soldout.

http://www.billbaord.com/bbcom/char...1N4m2m8FLq8L27vms9bYgCNCdvdhJWrh1NVH!22257954

There are actually 9 more shows from Newcastle, Canberra, and Wollongong that need to be added. They probably did not make the top 10 of Billboard Boxscore, but should be listed in the magazine. Total attendance could be as high as 700,000!

This tour has set the record for the most shows on a single tour in Australia with a total of 58 shows from May 22, 2009 to August 29, 2009.

This goes to show what a popular artist can do when they play lots of smaller shows.

Wow, I'm wondering if PINK set a record with her 49 date tour of Australia this summer:

May 30, 2009 - August 20, 2009
Melbourne, Australia
Melbourne Park, Rod Laver Arena
GROSS: $17,234,669
ATTENDANCE: 214,956
CAPACITY: 222,214
SHOWS: 17
Average Ticket Price: $80.18

June 12, 2009 - August 26, 2009
Brisbane, Australia
Brisbane Entertainment Centre
GROSS: $11,277,153
ATTENDANCE: 136,114
CAPACITY: 142,800
SHOWS: 12
Average Ticket Price: $82.85

June 6, 2009 - July 18, 2009
Sydney, Australia
Sydney Entertainment Centre
GROSS: $9,538,321
ATTENDANCE: 116,772
CAPACITY: 120,344
SHOWS: 10
Average Ticket Price: $81.68

May 22-23, Aug. 7-8, 2009
Perth, Australia
Burswood Dome
GROSS: $5,675,332
ATTENDANCE: 70,613
CAPACITY: 73,044
SHOWS: 4
Average Ticket Price: $80.37

May 26-27, Aug. 4-5, 10-11, 2009
Adelaide, Australia
Adelaide Entertainment Centre
GROSS: $4,283,421
ATTENDANCE: 52,471
CAPACITY: 55,470
SHOWS: 6
Average Ticket Price: $81.63

TOTALS FOR PINK'S AUSTRALIAN TOUR:
GROSS: $48,008,896
ATTENDANCE: 590,926
AVERAGE GROSS: $979,773
AVERAGE ATTENDANCE: 12,060
SHOWS: 49
Average Ticket Price: $81.24

590,926 people is a lot. I'm not sure if there is a tour that has played to more in Australia. Essentially 1 out of every 34 people in Australia saw this tour. Yet, not a single show was actually soldout.

Music Business News- Billboard.com - Discover Top-Grossing Music Concerts

There are actually 9 more shows from Newcastle, Canberra, and Wollongong that need to be added. They probably did not make the top 10 of Billboard Boxscore, but should be listed in the magazine. Total attendance could be as high as 700,000!

This tour has set the record for the most shows on a single tour in Australia with a total of 58 shows from May 22, 2009 to August 29, 2009.

This goes to show what a popular artist can do when they play lots of smaller shows.

Wow...that's crazy! Most artists would not be willing to do that many shows in one area....but yeah you're right, by doing that many shows, she let her fans have a lot of flexibility in when to see her show. But I heard that Robbie Williams set the attendance record for Australia? Although I've never seen any boxscores for proof.

Wow...that's crazy! Most artists would not be willing to do that many shows in one area....but yeah you're right, by doing that many shows, she let her fans have a lot of flexibility in when to see her show. But I heard that Robbie Williams set the attendance record for Australia? Although I've never seen any boxscores for proof.

I think Pink might have broken that attendance record. The strange thing is that none of these shows actually soldout.

Went on tm last night and only show I couldnt pull tickets was NJ 1. Will they proclaim that the tour was sold out?

If every ticket put on sale is sold, it will be listed as sold out. The average attendance/capacity of the shows for this tour so far is about 73,000. On ZOO TV and Joshua Tree stadium tours, it was only about 45,000 to 50,000. Playing 360 in a stadium is something that NO ONE has ever done before. It makes tens of thousands of more seats available, and makes selling out the stadium, something that was already difficult to do when you just needed to sell 50,000 tickets much harder.

This tour is on track to gross $700 million worldwide a RECORD, and to have a total attendance of between 6,500,000 and 7,000,000, again a RECORD!

I remember Vertigo tour they said every areana sold out but when I went to charlotte they sold no seats behind the stage.

The definition of a "sellout" is the selling of all tickets made available for sell. If they don't put seats behind the stage up for sale, then they don't count in determining whether the show gets labled a "sellout".

Anyway it looks like anyone that wants to see them can. I pulled $30 seats in last row for DC last night... So nice to have some cheap seats.

The Washington DC show is already the largest concert in the history of the Baltimore/Washington DC area. If the attendance surpasses 92,000, it will be the largest NON-festival, ticketed concert in North America history!

Might as well wait for the DVD.

Why would anyone wait for the DVD? Its a live concert, and no DVD can replace the experience of being there. U2 has put on the most amazing Stadium shows in the history of music and no one should pass up the opportunity to go and see this show.

Our economy sucks H1N1 floating around so be careful

Most people are more likely to get that at school, work, or the gym, than the concert.

What you think of the full in the round at norman OK....
That is the place to see them on this tour as it is small.

Norman's Gaylord Memorial Stadium at Owen Field is the 33rd largest stadium on the planet, the 17 the largest stadium in the United States, and the 3rd largest stadium U2 will be playing in North America on this leg of the tour. The stadium has a capacity of 83,000!

Read an article today on billboard.biz and Paul McGuinness said the tour has already sold right around 3 million tickets and grossed around $300 million dollars and that halfway through the US leg is when they will break even and actually start profiting from this tour. Also, it costs $750,000 per day to operate the tour he said whether they are playing or not. So, next year will be bank for them minus the $750,000 per day costs to operate the tour. This apparently was an interview during the chicago shows.

If I am not mistaken there is no $$ :D risk to u2 for this tour. Live Nation is paying for everything and giving them a gurantee. Maybe they have to do X amount of shows for Live Nation but unlike Zoo TOur they are not putting up their money for this tour. THey also did that for Madonna and a few other artist.

Hi! I want to thank everyone for posting all this info., but as I know we have a few people here whose first language is not English, I thought I'd give a little lesson regarding "sale, sell, sell-out", etc. Please do not be offended, it's just that if the wrong word is used, your post makes a bit less sense (we can figure it out, but when I learn a language, I want to know the correct way of writing or speaking it).

Sale: This is a noun. For example, "The store is having a sale" or "This item is on sale" (meaning the price is reduced). Another definition is what is available. For example, "I have this chair for sale". This means that the price is not necessarily reduced, but rather, this is the item the person is willing to sell. In the U2 context, the correct way of writing is "This show has 70,000 tickets for sale" or "The amount of tickets for sale were lower than expected".

Sell: This is a verb. "I will sell you my ticket". "Will you sell me that chair?" This is the present (or future present) verb (will sell). The past tense word is "sold". For example, "I sold that ticket". It is incorrect to write "U2 have 70,000 tickets for sell". The word there should be "sale".

Sell-out (or sell out): Two definitions. One is with regards to a show or movie or some event where tickets are available. The past tense word is "sold out" (or "sold-out"). For example, "Tonight's show is a sell-out". Or "U2's tour has had sell-out performances in many markets". The past tense example is "U2's concert sold-out last night". Another definition is with regards to artistic integrity. This forum does not necessarily care about this second defiition, only the first, so I won't go into detail here.

To give more example:

"U2 had 60,000 tickets for sale."
"U2 sold out last night's show."
"I sold my ticket."
"Will you sell me your ticket?"
"I was unable to obtain any ticket on sale (meaning reduced priced)."

Make sense? :wave:

Here is the first part. Is there any member of billboard magazine here? And would he/she be so kind to publish the Q&A part here? It's only available for members...

THE BILLBOARD Q&A: PAUL MCGUINNESS
September 21, 2009 - Touring

By Ray Waddell, Nashville

As U2 wraps the 2009 dates of its groundbreaking 360 world stadium tour, the band is expected to gross about $300 million and sell about 3 million tickets to fewer than 50 shows.

Rather than a massive, high-end ticket price, the big numbers are more about a unique staging concept that boosts configurations at stadiums, and fans know that U2 is again pushing the production envelope. The tour is in support of the band's latest album, "No Line on the Horizon," and if it isn't scaling the sales heights of previous sets-since its March release, "Line" has sold 991,000 copies, according to Nielsen SoundScan-manager Paul McGuinness credits that more to an overall market conditions than a decline in the act's popularity.

Though sometimes outspoken about industry issues-his 2008 MIDEM keynote excoriating the industry for its lackluster response to digital distribution still resonates-McGuinness is anything but riled as he sits in an office backstage at Chicago's Soldier Field just before U2 went onstage. "What do I possibly have to be pissed off about?" he wonders. Both pragmatist and gambler, McGuinness guides the career of what has become arguably the biggest band in the world, and it has been a banner year for the group he has represented since the start of its career.

More than that, and similar to the band he represents, McGuinness continually focuses on breaking new ground, and he's constantly looking for new ideas. The 360 tour is U2's first under a new 10-year Live Nation multirights deal-and while he doesn't claim to have all the answers, McGuinness is open to new horizons, as evidenced by "the claw," the massive staging concept that makes U2's 360 tour truly an all-encompassing experience.

How did the European leg feel to you on this run of the 360 tour?

Incredible. We played to staggering numbers. We've broken records in every building we play because the effect of this production economically is to increase the capacity by about 20% routinely. For instance, in Berlin at Olympic Stadium, we held the record already jointly with the Rolling Stones at 70,000. This time I think we put in 90,000. Every building we play we will break whatever record there is there.

Click here to read McGuinness talk about when the tour will go into profit, the pricing for the shows and the state of the music business.

Read an article today on billboard.biz and Paul McGuinness said the tour has already sold right around 3 million tickets and grossed around $300 million dollars and that halfway through the US leg is when they will break even and actually start profiting from this tour. Also, it costs $750,000 per day to operate the tour he said whether they are playing or not. So, next year will be bank for them minus the $750,000 per day costs to operate the tour. This apparently was an interview during the chicago shows.

ZOO TV OUTSIDE BROADCAST COST: $125,000 per day (1992 prices)

POPMART COST: $214,000 per day (1997 prices)

U2 360 COST: $750,000 per day 2009

So, if we take all of June, July, August, September, October and first two weeks of November, thats about 165 days. I include all of June and the first two weeks of November for the build up and take down and storage of everything.

165 multipled by 750,000 is $123,750,000 cost for 2009.

This figure will probably be 210 days for 2010 given that the tour will be extended to Australia, Japan, and South America.

210 multipled by 750,000 is $157,500,000

Estimated cost of 100 show U2 360 tour is $281,250,000

With a likely GROSS of $700,000,000 minus cost of $281,250,000 , the boys will take home $418,750,000 before taxes are taken out. This does NOT include money made from merchandice sales. If that were included, the boys will be taking home over $500,000,000 before taxes are taken out!

Not only can U2 afford to tour like this, but their making massive amounts of money doing it. There are only a handful of artist that could break even or make a profit on a tour costing $281,250,000.

Hi! I want to thank everyone for posting all this info., but as I know we have a few people here whose first language is not English, I thought I'd give a little lesson regarding "sale, sell, sell-out", etc. Please do not be offended, it's just that if the wrong word is used, your post makes a bit less sense (we can figure it out, but when I learn a language, I want to know the correct way of writing or speaking it).

Sale: This is a noun. For example, "The store is having a sale" or "This item is on sale" (meaning the price is reduced). Another definition is what is available. For example, "I have this chair for sale". This means that the price is not necessarily reduced, but rather, this is the item the person is willing to sell. In the U2 context, the correct way of writing is "This show has 70,000 tickets for sale" or "The amount of tickets for sale were lower than expected".

Sell: This is a verb. "I will sell you my ticket". "Will you sell me that chair?" This is the present (or future present) verb (will sell). The past tense word is "sold". For example, "I sold that ticket". It is incorrect to write "U2 have 70,000 tickets for sell". The word there should be "sale".

Sell-out (or sell out): Two definitions. One is with regards to a show or movie or some event where tickets are available. The past tense word is "sold out" (or "sold-out"). For example, "Tonight's show is a sell-out". Or "U2's tour has had sell-out performances in many markets". The past tense example is "U2's concert sold-out last night". Another definition is with regards to artistic integrity. This forum does not necessarily care about this second defiition, only the first, so I won't go into detail here.

To give more example:

"U2 had 60,000 tickets for sale."
"U2 sold out last night's show."
"I sold my ticket."
"Will you sell me your ticket?"
"I was unable to obtain any ticket on sale (meaning reduced priced)."

Make sense? :wave:

Most people here have english as their first language including myself and they don't need an english lesson. This is a message board on the internet!!!!!!!! Should we go through your post on here since who knows when to see if we can find something that is spelled incorrectly or not correct grammar? Unless you don't understand what someone is saying, there is no reason to post any of this in a thread about U2 360 Boxscores.

As soon as I see the boxscores this morning I will post them on here..just letting you guys know.

ZOO TV OUTSIDE BROADCAST COST: $125,000 per day (1992 prices)

POPMART COST: $214,000 per day (1997 prices)

U2 360 COST: $750,000 per day 2009

So, if we take all of June, July, August, September, October and first two weeks of November, thats about 165 days. I include all of June and the first two weeks of November for the build up and take down and storage of everything.

165 multipled by 750,000 is $123,750,000 cost for 2009.

This figure will probably be 210 days for 2010 given that the tour will be extended to Australia, Japan, and South America.

210 multipled by 750,000 is $157,500,000

Estimated cost of 100 show U2 360 tour is $281,250,000

With a likely GROSS of $700,000,000 minus cost of $281,250,000 , the boys will take home $418,750,000 before taxes are taken out. This does NOT include money made from merchandice sales. If that were included, the boys will be taking home over $500,000,000 before taxes are taken out!

Not only can U2 afford to tour like this, but their making massive amounts of money doing it. There are only a handful of artist that could break even or make a profit on a tour costing $281,250,000.

But from that $700 million, won't the venues take a percentage of the ticket sales? I read somewhere that usually the venues take approx 40% of gate receipts, although that seems a bit high. And won't Live Nation take a cut of the grosses as well?

But from that $700 million, won't the venues take a percentage of the ticket sales?

They do, thats all apart of the cost. It figures into the $750,000 daily cost. Remember, U2 has to reserve these stadiums for several days since thats how long it takes to build and then take down the stage.

I read somewhere that usually the venues take approx 40% of gate receipts, although that seems a bit high.

There is a rental fee, and building facility charge. But its not 40% of the gate reciepts. It would not make sense to play venues that charge you $3,000,000 dollars just to play there.

And won't Live Nation take a cut of the grosses as well?

Yep, thats part of the daily costs that was mentioned.

Take the POPMART tour from 1997-1998. GROSS: $171 million. Profit for the band before taxes: $100 million.

Thats the type of profit margin artist like the Rolling Stones, U2, The Police, and Madonna get in the touring industry.

As soon as I see the boxscores this morning I will post them on here..just letting you guys know.

If they post them this week, they will only be able to post Chicago and Toronto. They may wait until next week when they can post Chicago, Toronto, Boston and New York.

Maoilbheannacht, I remember you saying that Michael Cohl guaranteed U2 $100 million for PopMart, correct? Last year, they signed a 12 year contract worth $100 million, which includes merchandise, tours and their website. I am confused; they seem to be getting less money this time around, considering 12 years means approx. 3 tours.

Most people here have english as their first language including myself and they don't need an english lesson. This is a message board on the internet!!!!!!!! Should we go through your post on here since who knows when to see if we can find something that is spelled incorrectly or not correct grammar? Unless you don't understand what someone is saying, there is no reason to post any of this in a thread about U2 360 Boxscores.

First, even though this is a site about U2 based numbers, God knows you and others have taken it elsewhere. I apologize for any offense, but it became clear to me this was more than a typo.

Second, I do not accept the excuse of "it's the internet - who cares?" I care. And so should you. It's clear you take a lot of time writing your posts and you should care about getting the grammar correct as well as the numbers. It makes your posts all the more powerful. I'm not saying you should be worried about every nuance you write, but simple four letter words should not be incorrect.

And I disagree - this site is international. I, for one, would want to be corrected (and have been) when I write, spell or say something incorrectly. I eat my humble pie, learn something and move on.

Well no boxscores this week for U2...Dave matthews band had the highest this week at The Gorge/Washington state....$3,047,912 57,718/66,626 3/0
#2 Kenny Chesney Lucas Oil Stadium/Indianapolis Ind...3,016,365 45,178/45,178 1/1

Maoilbheannacht, I remember you saying that Michael Cohl guaranteed U2 $100 million for PopMart, correct? Last year, they signed a 12 year contract worth $100 million, which includes merchandise, tours and their website. I am confused; they seem to be getting less money this time around, considering 12 years means approx. 3 tours.

Your comparing Apples and Oranges. The Live Nation deal is just to tour with them as their promoter as opposed to another. It does not involve what they would get from a specific tour like 360. The $100 million is on TOP of whatever they make from 360 or other future tours.

First, even though this is a site about U2 based numbers, God knows you and others have taken it elsewhere.

Sorry, but even if thats true, its not an excuse for you to post crap like this.

, but it became clear to me this was more than a typo.

Thats a mistaken presumption on your part.

Second, I do not accept the excuse of "it's the internet - who cares?"

A typo, misspelled words, a grammar mistake is not a violation of forum rules. The same cannot be said for your post which is off topic and makes mistaken presumptions about other forum members.

I care. And so should you. It's clear you take a lot of time writing your posts and you should care about getting the grammar correct as well as the numbers. It makes your posts all the more powerful. I'm not saying you should be worried about every nuance you write, but simple four letter words should not be incorrect.

Again, this crap does not belong in this thread. Its not for you to presume that someone does not understand some basic grammar rather than it being a typo, nor is it your job to then go off topic and attempt to correct them because you mistakenly believe they are ignorant of basic grammar.

And I disagree - this site is international. I, for one, would want to be corrected (and have been) when I write, spell or say something incorrectly. I eat my humble pie, learn something and move on.

The problem is, the only person who really needs to learn something here is you. Its not right for you to go off topic in the middle of a thread and mistakenly declare that other people are ignorant of basic grammar. I think if you review the forum rules faq you can find a number of reasons why that would be a violation.

So, lets get back to the topic of this thread which is U2 360 BOXSCORE DISCUSSION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First, even though this is a site about U2 based numbers, God knows you and others have taken it elsewhere. I apologize for any offense, but it became clear to me this was more than a typo.

Second, I do not accept the excuse of "it's the internet - who cares?" I care. And so should you. It's clear you take a lot of time writing your posts and you should care about getting the grammar correct as well as the numbers. It makes your posts all the more powerful. I'm not saying you should be worried about every nuance you write, but simple four letter words should not be incorrect.

LMFAO, you are pathetic, doctorwho. While I don't really care much for Maoilwhateverhisnameis, you continue to show you're the bigger douchebag by regularly writing unnecessarily long-winded expositions and attempting to impose grammar/spelling rules on other people. This isn't a fucking writing contest, nor are we in school right now. Get with the program, man. You are so out of touch with reality. These days, typung like ths online is perfectlyacceptble, as long as you can get the meaning of it. People are in a hurry and don't have all the free time in the world (like you do) to carefully type their complete thoughts on the fucking internet. Only in your eyes does typos and incorrect grammar reduce the "credibility" of a person on an internet forum/. No one will learn a single thing from you if you scold them like children. Fuck, I ought to go back and remove all capitalization just so I can imagine the look of horror and disgust on your face as you read this postt.

This is only the second time I've posted on these boards, but since we're on the topic of tour costs/how much money U2 will make, I thought I might throw in my two cents.

I'm not sure how this new Live Nation deal works, but there are typically 4 different types of fee structure employed in tour contracts. Artists can be paid a straight percentage of the gross per show, a guaranteed fee per show, a guarantee vs percentage (whichever is greater) or a guarantee plus percentage.

With all of these arrangements the promoter will pay the act whatever they're due and keep the rest. The act and the promoter each then pay their expenses from what money they receive. The costs the promoter is responsible for are usually the venue fees (could be a guaranteed fee, percentage of gross or combination of these) as well as paying local stagehands to help with load in and load out, security, catering etc. These cost can run up pretty high. I have read that it cost the promoter $1.2 million to put on one of the Rolling Stone's Bigger Bang stadium shows in Canada in 2005.

The artist is usually responsible for costs like travel, accomodation, paying their crew, maybe the equipment they use for the shows, the stage, transport for the stage and equipment etc.

I've always assumed that for this tour U2 would probably use a guarantee plus percentage deal. Live Nation would pay U2 a guarantee per show and then a percentage of net gross (probably 90%). The net gross would be calculated by taking the total gross, deducting applicable taxes, and then taking all of Live Nation's expenses (including U2's guarantee), plus a 15% (or thereabouts) profit margin and deducting this from the after tax gross. Whatever's left U2 get 90% of and Live Nation take the rest.

I figured using this arrangement, U2 will probably take around 65% of the gross from the tour. From this they would then deduct their expenses which include the $750,000 a day operating costs plus the startup costs including insurance, legal fees, rehearsal costs and the stages. I would guess these startup costs to be $50-$100 million considering the cost of building the 3 claws and the extent of their production rehearsals in the stadium.

U2 will probably have to pay a 5% commission to their tour business manager as well from whatever's left once costs are deducted. Therefore all up I reckon U2 will make a profit of around 20%-35% of the total gross for this tour not including merchandise sales (of which U2 probably take about 55% after recieving royalties from their merchandise company and paying the house rate to the venue).

I should also say here that this is all just me speculating, I don't know much about the details of this Live Nation deal, so that could change things a lot. Also, I'm certainly no expert in these matters so I could be wrong on a lot of what I've said here. If you see anything that's incorrect, feel free to correct me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom