The Saints are coming

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

beLIEve

Refugee
This song is absolutely flying up the radio play charts, and on every format I've seen save for Hip Hop/Country. It should debut on BB next week, although BB seems to lag. I don't think this will be a flash in the pan type scenario just based on the hype from Monday night...since just 9/27, the song has been picked up by about 300 radio stations and has 1000+ spins already.

I have not heard this song on the radio, but we're only talking a few days here...it's definitely one of the fastest rising songs on U.S. radio that I've seen in quite a while. We'll just have to see if it lasts and if "Saints" turns into a big hit.

When you have U2 and Green Day's combined fanbase along with primetime national television exposure, that's some chart power!

If the track continues to move up the radio charts, end of October for download and Nov. 6 for a CD single might be just about the right timing.

Question is will they even release a single in the US market.

Not sure

Danny Boy said:
beLIEve,

When Billboard tallies the numbers for "Saints," will the Rhapsody downloads be combined with airplay numbers, or will it be counted seperately since one is a live version?

I don't think they will be considered the same, as the Rhapsody download is the 4 song medley live performance, and what's raced onto the radio play charts is a recently recorded studio version of just "The Saints are coming", clocking in at a very radio friendly 3:47. If this studio version is released as a single and/or download, then a very high BB Hot 100 debut is very possible, especially if the timing is close to the radio play peak. The song is all over all rock formats, and is up to 122 already on Mainstream Pop radio, the largest of all formats. Not sure when BB's cutoff is for next week's singles charts...any day now, and it may not debut next week, but it shouldn't be much longer...

Back
Top Bottom