The Miracle Radio Play

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cool, The Miracle is now No 1 on Triple A!!!!!!

It is the 2nd smallest format but if it could hold number one for the week, that's a small victory.

I wish it would catch on Alternative but it has been lingering in the 25 or so range and While it still has spin increases, I'm afraid it will be swept away with the tide! By tide I mean the fact that Every Breaking Wave is quickly climbing the Alternative charts and will take spins/attention away from The Miracle ;)

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

It is the 2nd smallest format but if it could hold number one for the week, that's a small victory.

I wish it would catch on Alternative but it has been lingering in the 25 or so range and While it still has spin increases, I'm afraid it will be swept away with the tide! By tide I mean the fact that Every Breaking Wave is quickly climbing the Alternative charts and will take spins/attention away from The Miracle ;)

At this point, I really am hoping that Miracle will get washed away quickly so it isn't an obstacle for EBW's accent. Miracle has gone as far as it can reach. :)

At this point, I really am hoping that Miracle will get washed away quickly so it isn't an obstacle for EBW's accent. Miracle has gone as far as it can reach. :)

I think it has some wind left in its sails. :)

I'm with you in that I worry it might take away from EBW but they are such different sounding songs that I don't know if one will take away from the other. It's not like Vertigo and ABOY.

They wants #1 with miracle on triple a, then they will release EBW also in that format.

It hit #1 yesterday, so it just needs to hold for a few more days and they have their #1. I wish it caught on in other formats but AAA does love them some U2.

Europe
12.10.2014- 38 (up 8 spots)

UK
12.10.2014- 38 (up 10 spots)

USA
12.10.2014- 147 (up 10 spots)

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

2weeks later

Europe
26.10.2014- 44 (down 6 spots)

UK
26.10.2014- 88 (down 50 spots)

USA
26.10.2014- 135 (up 12 spots)

So the song is dead in the UK and is stalled in Europe as a whole. In the US, it has never taken off but it continues to slowly climb the charts. Yesterday it hit its peak spins in both AAA (#1 on the format) and Alternative (#25 on the format). It has also seen a resurgence on the Mainstream Rock format where it has been gaining spins for about a week.

I don't see this song crossing over into AC, Hot AC or Active Rock(a format that once loved U2 but now shuns them). The best it can hope for is to have a surge on the Alternative format, which would be a nice story.

At the end of the day, The Miracle has had the worst radio performance of any U2 lead single probably since October and thats not a joke either :(

Hitting #1 on AAA is a nice accomplishment but it is nothing to write home about as it is the 2nd smallest radio format.

Once again, U2 have chosen a terrible single. They have 3-4 songs that could blast radios with a serious promotion, but instead they choose the song that sounded closer to Vertigo and Boots.

It's not the best song in the album, and California, Volcano, Reach me Now or even Cristall Ballroom would have a lot more chances of becoming a successful radio hit.

Once again, U2 have chosen a terrible single. They have 3-4 songs that could blast radios with a serious promotion, but instead they choose the song that sounded closer to Vertigo and Boots.

It's not the best song in the album, and California, Volcano, Reach me Now or even Cristall Ballroom would have a lot more chances of becoming a successful radio hit.

You gotta keep in mind that The Miracle was more made for the commercial. It wasn't promoted in a way that was clearly intended to be a huge radio smash hit.

You gotta keep in mind that The Miracle was more made for the commercial. It wasn't promoted in a way that was clearly intended to be a huge radio smash hit.

I think we are going to see that kind of promotion with EBW

The Miracle continues to pick up steam on AAA, Alternative and Mainstream Rock.

The Alternative resurgence is most impressive as about two weeks ago it started losing spins but almost everyday over the past week it's been near the top of the "Spincrease" charts. Its currently peaking(2 months after release) on alternative in spins, audience impressions and ranking (it's at #25).

On AAA it continues to gain spins and remains at #1.

The Alternative resurgence is most impressive as about two weeks ago it started losing spins but almost everyday over the past week it's been near the top of the "Spincrease" charts. Its currently peaking(2 months after release) on alternative in spins, audience impressions and ranking (it's at #25).

:applaud::applaud::applaud:

I think what might be happening here is that U2 has joined the KROQ Almost acoustic show, and KROQ has in turn, been playing the song more, which because of KROQ's prestige, it influences many other stations across the country. In fact many stations seem to just straight copy their playlist.

So this may be a reason why we are seeing some modest gains. I would hope that next week on Fallon would officially usher in EBW as the next single and see that take it's turn on the charts and radio. Especially after that MTV performance

If it can break the top 15 on Alternative that would really be something. Top 25 is a good start though.

If it can break the top 15 on Alternative that would really be something. Top 25 is a good start though.

It has stalled. No way it is even going Top 20. EBW has a much better shot as it just appeared at #32 on the chart.

It has stalled. No way it is even going Top 20. EBW has a much better shot as it just appeared at #32 on the chart.

I'm a little surprised EBW is finding success on the Alternative chart. It doesn't sound like an alternative song to me. It seems more at home on the AC and Adult AC charts.

Not a hit song but it won't die either!

Triple A: Still #1 with 608 spins
Mainstream Rock: #28 with 18 spins and its on the "Spincrease" chart(small format)
Alternative: #26 with 661 spins and is one of the biggest gainers this week

Overall: 1,287 spins and 5.98 impressions (potential listeners)

Back
Top Bottom