The Best Selling Albums released after January 1, 2000 WORLDWIDE!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
MJDangerous said:

RIAA is not the bible. Sorry but AGAIN your post is ridiculous.

Claim the opposite is simply a stupidity.

I have nothing to prove, all this are FACTS, if you want evidence so wake up and go to the RIAA site to read their rules which obviously you have never do in your life.

You agreed to abide by certain rules when you became a member of this forum. The above statements are personal in nature and a violation of those rules. This is not the first time you have engaged in this type of behavior.

Just because someone disagree's with your theory or what you believe to be a fact does not give you the right to make such personal remarks.

Again, there were a couple of other members that engaged in this type of behavior and were repeatedly warned to cut it out. They did not heed the warnings and they don't post here anymore.

So please, present your opinions, ideas, facts, in a way that is respectful of other people's opinions, ideas, and facts and agree to disagree instead of making unnecessary personal remarks.

Elvis Presley, Alicia Keys, and Christina Aguilera now have albums that have sold 10 million plus and were released after January 1, 2000!

1. Beatles: 1 : 30,000,000+
2. Norah Jones : Come Away With Me : 22,000,000
3. Eminem: The Marshall Mathers LP : 20,500,000
4. Eminem : The Eminem Show : 19,000,000
5. Britney Spears: Oops!....I Did It Again : 18,000,000
6. Linkin Park: Hybrid Theory : 16,000,000
7. Usher : Confessions : 14,000,000
8. Dido: No Angel : 14,000,000
9. Avril Lavigne: Let Go : 13,500,000
10. Evanescence: Fallen : 13,500,000
11. N'Sync: No Strings Attached : 13,000,000
12. Green Day : American Idiot : 13,000,000
13. Madonna : Music : 13,000,000
14. Enya: A Day Without Rain : 13,000,000
15. U2 : ALL THAT YOU CAN'T LEAVE BEHIND: 12,000,000
16. Backstreet Boys : Black And Blue : 12,000,000
17. Dido : Life For Rent : 12,000,000
18. Alicia Keys : Songs In A Minor : 12,000,000
18. Shakira: Laundry Service : 11,000,000
19. Limp Bizkit: Chocolate Starfish : 11,000,000
20. Pink: M!SSUNDAZTOOD : 11,000,000
21. Shaggy: Hotshot : 10,500,000
22. Norah Jones : Feels Like Home : 10,000,000
23. Moby : Play : 10,000,000
24. Coldplay : A Rush Of Blood To The Head : 10,000,000
25. Nickelback : Silver Side Up : 10,000,000
27. Christina Aguilera : Stripped : 10,000,000
28. Elvis Presley : 30 #1 Hits : 10,000,000

STING2 said:

If you have a different view from what is shown in the RIAA, you have to prove it, and you have provided no evidence for your claims above.
No evidences ????????? A Soundscan sales figure and a BMG sales figure is not an evidence ? Please, STOP KIDDING.

Originally posted by STING2 Its true in Soundscans earlier years that Record clubs were not covered at all, but since 2000 I don't think this has been the case.
Completely fake. You should take time and go longer than this forum, your lack of knowledge about sales is obvious : I'm here to give some informations not to prove evidences for everyone with a minimum of knowledge.

But this really does not matter. The fact is that RIAA certified Marshal Mathers LP at 9 million copies in early 2004. If the Soundscan total at that time was above 10 million, it would have of course been certified at 10 million or more.
Fake again. You have obviously never read a rule of RIAA. Majors have to PROVE each of their sales, they can update a certification WITHOUT proving ALL their sales in 1 time it's why TONS of albums which sold nearly nothing nowadays have been certified 3,4,5 or 6 times since 1991.
AGAIN, what about the Joshua Tree certified at 6 millions in 1995, so according to you, it was "of course" under 7 millions ? FAKE.

BMG sales for Marshall Mathers are always counted by the RIAA, so you would not be adding 1.5 million to the 9 million certified figure. BMG sales are already apart of the 9 million figure. The only additional sales are those that have happened through soundscan since early 2004.
10 + 1.5 is not 9, you need to learn some things about math.

The Joshua Tree sales started to be audited again 1995 for the first time since 1988. Considering the large number of sales that occured between those time periods, its very common in the process for there to be early certifications before the final total is completed. Certifications for 6, 7, and 10 million all happened for the Joshua Tree with the space of a few months in 1995. That is not what has happened with the Marshall Mathers LP.
So what about Back In Black, Led Zep 4, Elvis entire catalog ? For sure you should be kidding.

You agreed to abide by certain rules when you became a member of this forum. The above statements are personal in nature and a violation of those rules. This is not the first time you have engaged in this type of behavior.
A violation of those rules ? A joke. I have say nothing against any rules, I have say that your post was ridiculous when obviously in fact it was ridiculous, so say the truth is a violation of rules ?

Just because someone disagree's with your theory or what you believe to be a fact does not give you the right to make such personal remarks.
It's not "my" theory, stop kidding, this is a FACT. If you have never read any rule or official article of RIAA, BMG or Soundscan in your life it's not my fault.

So please, present your opinions, ideas, facts, in a way that is respectful of other people's opinions, ideas, and facts and agree to disagree instead of making unnecessary personal remarks.
And PLEASE, stop taking your lack of knowledge as lies from me. I'm here to give facts, I take time to give to you this without earning nothing so THIS is irrespectful to pretend each time that I am a lyer only due to your lack of knowledge.

Go to UKmix, they are tons of people able to learn you some things about chart and sales, this will not be useless.

MJDangerous, perhaps you could start a thread with your own proposed best selling list after 2000. After all, both yours and STING2's theories are just that - theories. Until we have a global system in place, neither of you will ever have an exact number. But both of your opinions are certainly welcome, as they are just that - opinions.

MJDangerous said:

No evidences ????????? A Soundscan sales figure and a BMG sales figure is not an evidence ? Please, STOP KIDDING.

Completely fake. You should take time and go longer than this forum, your lack of knowledge about sales is obvious : I'm here to give some informations not to prove evidences for everyone with a minimum of knowledge.

10 + 1.5 is not 9, you need to learn some things about math.

A violation of those rules ? A joke. I have say nothing against any rules, I have say that your post was ridiculous when obviously in fact it was ridiculous, so say the truth is a violation of rules ?

It's not "my" theory, stop kidding, this is a FACT. If you have never read any rule or official article of RIAA, BMG or Soundscan in your life it's not my fault.

And PLEASE, stop taking your lack of knowledge as lies from me. I'm here to give facts, I take time to give to you this without earning nothing so THIS is irrespectful to pretend each time that I am a lyer only due to your lack of knowledge.

I'm afraid that your lack of knowledge of the english language as well as the rules of this forum is preventing you from understanding what I'm saying. Any sort of personal remark is not allowed!

When you agreed to be apart of this forum, you agreed to treat every member with equal respect. No one has accused you of lying! Claiming that people "don't know what their talking about"," have a lack of knowledge about anything" "don't understand math", only have minimum knowledge about things is AGAINST THE RULES OF THIS WEBSITE!

You can make judgements about what members of the forum write, but you CAN'T make judgements about any member of the forum!

Its crucial that you understand the above sentence. Its one of the most important rules of the site and people who repeatedly violate it get booted from the forum.

Last edited:
MJDangerous said:

Fake again. You have obviously never read a rule of RIAA. Majors have to PROVE each of their sales, they can update a certification WITHOUT proving ALL their sales in 1 time it's why TONS of albums which sold nearly nothing nowadays have been certified 3,4,5 or 6 times since 1991.
AGAIN, what about the Joshua Tree certified at 6 millions in 1995, so according to you, it was "of course" under 7 millions ? FAKE.

So what about Back In Black, Led Zep 4, Elvis entire catalog ? For sure you should be kidding.

I've read the rules of the RIAA and realize that some albums in the past have not had all their certifications all at once. This is often because the auditing process can take some time. This is what happened for the Joshua Tree, Led Zep 4, some Eagles albums. These albums were old and not been certified in a long time. The mid-1990s was a time when albums for the 60s and 70s often got their first certifications ever. The Joshua Tree had sold 10 million copies by the start of 1995, but the auditing process took several months which is why you see certifications of 6, 7 and 10 million during 1995.

But the Marshall Mathers LP is a new album released after 2000. Its sales had been recorded and updated in a consistent way. Its technically possible that they certified at 9 million after 5 years of no certifications, and elected not to certify for higher sales, but this is highly unlikely. The Marshall Mathers LP is not album from the 1980s or 1970s with scattered records of it sales which would take considerable time to audit and update.

In any event, what BMG has sold is not relevant to the discussion since RIAA counts all albums shipped anywhere with in the United States. The 9 million figure in early 2004 includes albums that were sold through BMG. The only way you could prove that the album deserved more than a 9 million certification at that time, is if you had soundscan figure at that specific time that shows it was at or above 10 million. Most of the BMG figure of 1.5 million is included in the 9 million total. In order to add BMG figures to the 9 million total, you would have to know what the album sold through BMG, from after the certification in 2004 to this time. Since the BMG list only shows what the record club has sold of the album since it was able to sell it, there is no way to know how much of those sale came before or after early 2004.

So the only important figure here is the Soundscan figure, and if the album has reached 10 million soundscan recently then obviously they need to update the certification. I've noticed this addition and added it in to the global sales total.

Last edited:
STING2 said:

The only way you could prove that the album deserved more than a 9 million certification at that time
I HAVE ALREADY DONE IT. How many times have I to repeat it before you understand? Are you sure that it is me who have a lack of knowledge of the english language ??

1.54 million albums sold AT THE END OF 2003, Soundscan figure of OVER 9 M in the beginning of 2004 so YES the album was OVER 10 M when it was certified 9xPlatinum !!

Again : RIAA IS NOT THE BIBLE. THEIR ARE AT LEAST 3,000 ALBUMS UNDERCERTIFIED IN THEIR DATABASE. INCLUDING A LOT OF RECENT ALBUMS.

Look at 2005 best sellers, Mariah Carey's Mimi was certified 6xPlatinum with the same soundscan sales of Green Day's American Idiot which was certified at 4xPlatinum !!!

So please stop thinking that the RIAA is 100% which is obviously wrong.
A last question, according to you RIAA is 100% accurate for recent albums right ? According to you music clubs sales are counted by soundscan since 2000, right ?
Well, so HOW can you explain that "Black & Blue" is 8xPlatinum with 5.6 millions according to soundscan while The Marshall Mathers LP is certified 9xPlatinum with soundscan sales of 10 millions ?! And the Eminem certification is from 2004 while Black & Blue is 8xPlatinum since over 5 years !!!

Open your eyes please, I say this with ANY aggressivity.

STING2 said:

I'm afraid that your lack of knowledge of the english language as well as the rules of this forum is preventing you from understanding what I'm saying. Any sort of personal remark is not allowed!

When you agreed to be apart of this forum, you agreed to treat every member with equal respect. No one has accused you of lying! Claiming that people "don't know what their talking about"," have a lack of knowledge about anything" "don't understand math", only have minimum knowledge about things is AGAINST THE RULES OF THIS WEBSITE!

You can make judgements about what members of the forum write, but you CAN'T make judgements about any member of the forum!

Its crucial that you understand the above sentence. Its one of the most important rules of the site and people who repeatedly violate it get booted from the forum.
I perfectly understand what you mean. But I have "make judgements" about comments, not about a member. I have say that your post was ridiculous, not that you are ridiculous, it's not at all the same thing.

And if this is a "violation" of the rules of this forum, so when you say that you are affraid by my "lack of knowledge of the english language" you are doing exactly the same thing. You have to be logical in your comments, you can't do what you are critisizing in me.

MJDangerous said:

I perfectly understand what you mean. But I have "make judgements" about comments, not about a member. I have say that your post was ridiculous, not that you are ridiculous, it's not at all the same thing.

And if this is a "violation" of the rules of this forum, so when you say that you are affraid by my "lack of knowledge of the english language" you are doing exactly the same thing. You have to be logical in your comments, you can't do what you are critisizing in me.

Really? These judgements by you are not about comments but are directed against the person:

"You should take time and go longer than this forum, your lack of knowledge about sales is obvious"

"I'm here to give some informations not to prove evidences for everyone with a minimum of knowledge."

"You have obviously never read a rule of RIAA."

"10 + 1.5 is not 9, you need to learn some things about math."

"If you have never read any rule or official article of RIAA, BMG or Soundscan in your life it's not my fault."

"And PLEASE, stop taking your lack of knowledge as lies from me. I'm here to give facts, I take time to give to you this without earning nothing so THIS is irrespectful to pretend each time that I am a lyer only due to your lack of knowledge'

All of the above remarks are personal and directed against the person, not comments made by the person. All of them are a violation of the rules of the website. It is comments like these that resulted in people being removed from the forum.

Your post are often difficult to understand and I assume that is because english was your second language. I'm uncertain about what your level of knowledge is of the english language but I thought some of your lack of understanding of things that I said may have been do to that. If that is not the case, then its rather puzzling why you continue to engage in the same behavior found in the qoutes above. Personal remarks like that are not allowed by the rules and you have already been made aware of this.

MJDangerous said:

I HAVE ALREADY DONE IT. How many times have I to repeat it before you understand? Are you sure that it is me who have a lack of knowledge of the english language ??

1.54 million albums sold AT THE END OF 2003, Soundscan figure of OVER 9 M in the beginning of 2004 so YES the album was OVER 10 M when it was certified 9xPlatinum !!

Again : RIAA IS NOT THE BIBLE. THEIR ARE AT LEAST 3,000 ALBUMS UNDERCERTIFIED IN THEIR DATABASE. INCLUDING A LOT OF RECENT ALBUMS.

Look at 2005 best sellers, Mariah Carey's Mimi was certified 6xPlatinum with the same soundscan sales of Green Day's American Idiot which was certified at 4xPlatinum !!!

So please stop thinking that the RIAA is 100% which is obviously wrong.
A last question, according to you RIAA is 100% accurate for recent albums right ? According to you music clubs sales are counted by soundscan since 2000, right ?
Well, so HOW can you explain that "Black & Blue" is 8xPlatinum with 5.6 millions according to soundscan while The Marshall Mathers LP is certified 9xPlatinum with soundscan sales of 10 millions ?! And the Eminem certification is from 2004 while Black & Blue is 8xPlatinum since over 5 years !!!

Open your eyes please, I say this with ANY aggressivity.

The RIAA counts all sales whether its a copy that is provided to a library, a record club, or sold over the counter in a shop or in some other way. 1.54 million in sales prior to the end of 2003 were counted in previous certifications of the album as well as the 9 million certification in early 2004.

You certainly have a point about it being at 10 million if there was a soundscan figure that showed it had sold 10 million through soundscan in early 2004. Simply having a soundscan figure of 9.5 million would not necessarily mean that album is at 10 million though. As for whether Soundscan counts BMG or other record club sales or not, you have not provided any evidence that it doesn't. Find a statement from Soundscan specifically saying that they do not count any record club sales as of 2006 or perhaps BMG would know as well or an official source with a current statement like in Billboard.

The Green Day album has not been certified yet because Green Day or its record company have not asked for the certification to be done. RIAA only certifies albums that the record company or artist asked for. While that means that Marshall Mathers COULD have been undercertified in early 2004, that does not prove that it in fact was.

Last edited:
STING2 said:

Your post are often difficult to understand and I assume that is because english was your second language. I'm uncertain about what your level of knowledge is of the english language but I thought some of your lack of understanding of things that I said may have been do to that. If that is not the case, then its rather puzzling why you continue to engage in the same behavior found in the qoutes above. Personal remarks like that are not allowed by the rules and you have already been made aware of this.
English is my fourth language, not my second. But still that I have any problem to understand everything that you or the others wrote here, I have only not learn all the 'rules' of the language to write it correctly.

And those sentences are not personnal attacks, I have say any insults, they are notings in a special case only.

When you speak about my "lack of knowlegde of the english language", I see any problem : This is the truth I don't know why I will say that this is a violation of the rules. So, when I point out your like of knowledge of charts/sales, this is the same thing.

STING2 said:

The RIAA counts all sales whether its a copy that is provided to a library, a record club, or sold over the counter in a shop or in some other way. 1.54 million in sales prior to the end of 2003 were counted in previous certifications of the album as well as the 9 million certification in early 2004.
You are wrong. I don't see the problem in understand this : 10 millions soundscan + 1.5 millions BMG = 11.5 millions. I really, really don't know why you don't understand this simple fact. Again, I say this with any agressivity, and no this is not "my" claims and yes those numbers of soundscan & BMG are facts, nothing more and nothing less than facts. And they prove at 100% that the RIAA certifications is not taking in account ALL the sales of the album, which arrive very often, even for recent albums.

According to soundscan only, the album was already over 8 millions at the time where it was certified 8xPlatinum, so obviously the major of Eminem have not provide informations to RIAA about his music club sales, which consequently are not counted.

MJDangerous said:

English is my fourth language, not my second. But still that I have any problem to understand everything that you or the others wrote here, I have only not learn all the 'rules' of the language to write it correctly.

And those sentences are not personnal attacks, I have say any insults, they are notings in a special case only.

When you speak about my "lack of knowlegde of the english language", I see any problem : This is the truth I don't know why I will say that this is a violation of the rules. So, when I point out your like of knowledge of charts/sales, this is the same thing.

The above qoutes are personal attacks and not allowed by the rules of the forum. The qoutes are directed toward the person. People have been banned from the forum for repeatedly making those type of statements.

Its not about what you consider to be a personal attack, but what the website considers to be a personal attack, and the qoutes above by you are inappropriate and not in line with the rules of the forum which you agreed to abide by when you became a member.

MJDangerous said:

You are wrong. I don't see the problem in understand this : 10 millions soundscan + 1.5 millions BMG = 11.5 millions. I really, really don't know why you don't understand this simple fact. Again, I say this with any agressivity, and no this is not "my" claims and yes those numbers of soundscan & BMG are facts, nothing more and nothing less than facts. And they prove at 100% that the RIAA certifications is not taking in account ALL the sales of the album, which arrive very often, even for recent albums.

According to soundscan only, the album was already over 8 millions at the time where it was certified 8xPlatinum, so obviously the major of Eminem have not provide informations to RIAA about his music club sales, which consequently are not counted.

Your presuming that Soundscan does not count BMG sales, and I see no evidence of that at all. You'll have to post something directly from Soundscan itself saying that what BMG sells is not apart of what they scan. Claiming something as fact, without any evidence is not going to change my opinion.

STING2 said:

The above qoutes are personal attacks and not allowed by the rules of the forum. The qoutes are directed toward the person. People have been banned from the forum for repeatedly making those type of statements.

Its not about what you consider to be a personal attack, but what the website considers to be a personal attack, and the qoutes above by you are inappropriate and not in line with the rules of the forum which you agreed to abide by when you became a member.
Ok, in this case, you have commit more than 1 violation to those rules too.

STING2 said:

Your presuming that Soundscan does not count BMG sales, and I see no evidence of that at all. You'll have to post something directly from Soundscan itself saying that what BMG sells is not apart of what they scan. Claiming something as fact, without any evidence is not going to change my opinion.
This IS a fact. Music clubs are NOT shops. Do you know how work soundscan ?! They work with the code in each ticket counting them when someone buy something in a shop, music clubs are NOT shops, they SEND their products.

You need a link to prove a such thing known by everyone since centuries ?! It's like asking for a link to prove that Soundscan sales concern USA only...

MJDangerous said:

Ok, in this case, you have commit more than 1 violation to those rules too.

Not surprisingly, a poster who was from Turkey, who does not post here anymore because he repeatedly engaged in personal remarks like your qoutes above, also occasionally spoke in broken english leading some to question whether he was not getting the message because of not clearly understanding the language. He had been warned about his remarks yet continued to use the same remarks just as you have in this thread. Raising a question like that was not regarded as a personal attack but an honest attempt to clear up any differences that could obviously result when one does not clearly or fully understand a language. The poster was removed, followed by another poster a few months later who repeatedly ignored warnings to stop.

MJDangerous said:

This IS a fact. Music clubs are NOT shops. Do you know how work soundscan ?! They work with the code in each ticket counting them when someone buy something in a shop, music clubs are NOT shops, they SEND their products.

You need a link to prove a such thing known by everyone since centuries ?! It's like asking for a link to prove that Soundscan sales concern USA only...

Going to a website and purchasing an album from it is not going to a shop either, but Soundscan tracks it. Soundscan has an internet album chart in fact which is posted in Billboard. Internet websites are not shops either, and they SEND their products.

If your so convinced that Music Club sales are not at all covered by Soundscan, then it should be rather easy finding a link that clearly shows that Soundscan does not scan any sales from Music clubs.

STING2 said:

Not surprisingly, a poster who was from Turkey, who does not post here anymore because he repeatedly engaged in personal remarks like your qoutes above, also occasionally spoke in broken english leading some to question whether he was not getting the message because of not clearly understanding the language. He had been warned about his remarks yet continued to use the same remarks just as you have in this thread. Raising a question like that was not regarded as a personal attack but an honest attempt to clear up any differences that could obviously result when one does not clearly or fully understand a language. The poster was removed, followed by another poster a few months later who repeatedly ignored warnings to stop.
Do you really think that I care about being ban of this forum ? It broughts nothing to me, I learn nothing in it. I'm here only to give informations because you are obviously missing many of them, if you don't care and prefer still posting fake numbers, well it is your choice.

It is not because I will be ban that you will be right, you will continue to post fake informations. I don't care if I'm ban because I know that I am 100% right, banned or not.

Last edited:
STING2 said:

Going to a website and purchasing an album from it is not going to a shop either, but Soundscan tracks it. Soundscan has an internet album chart in fact which is posted in Billboard. Internet websites are not shops either, and they SEND their products.

If your so convinced that Music Club sales are not at all covered by Soundscan, then it should be rather easy finding a link that clearly shows that Soundscan does not scan any sales from Music clubs.
Internet sales have NOTHING to do with music club sales. Soundscan use the POS system to track their sales, system which is NOT adopted by music clubs simply because they are DIRECT sellers. Go to the soundscan site in their introduction page and also in the FAQ of the BMG music club sales you will see the prove of this by yourself. And if you still not convinced, so ask to someone like Hanboo who has soundscan sales each week if sales of music clubs are counted or not, he will say that OF COURSE they are NOT counted.

This is an amazing debate : I have to repeat +/- 10 times something absolutely obvious before you accept it, it's a pure lose of time, and YES due to your lack of knowledge, no it is not an attack, only a constatation.

MJDangerous said:
James Blunt's Back To Bedlam is now over 10 millions copies sold WW.

lol , i have no idea how he has sold that many. His songs are bland as hell lol.

Too many housewifes out there.

Back
Top Bottom