The Atomic Bomb in Australia!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

intedomine

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
It debuted at number one!

It's gone Platnium meaning that it's sold at least 70 000 copies.

Good to hear considering the weak effort of Vertigo in the Oz singles chart. That Debuted at 5 and sunk to 16 and is now 17. In contrast, Beautiful Day spent 2 weeks at number one and even Discotheque was in the top 10 in it's 3rd week.

But it's the album that matters more.

The challenge is now to maintain that success with consistently featuring in the top 5 in the lead up to xmas.

Hard to do. Pop went platnium in its first week and im pretty sure it struggled to hit the 2Xplatnium mark by the time it exited the aria chart. Lets hope we dont see the Bomb repeat that performance.

All that you cant leave behind however, made the top 10 album end of year charts charts for both 2000 and 2001. Itd be good to see that happen again with the new album.

Heres hoping HTDAAB doesnt let new releases from the likes of gwen stefani threaten its commercial success.

Eminem is at 2
"Our Delta" is at 3
Robbie Williams is at 4
and "Our Kylie" (or "my Kylie" as I tend to dream) is at 5

www.aria.com.au is the address if ya wanna follow the progress of the masterpiece

Bloody hell, watch how you word your thread titles. Gave me a heartattack. I'm old :grumpy:

Tis good that the album debuted so high. Dunno that it will stay there though. We shall see.

Back
Top Bottom