Slane Ratings

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DaveC

Blue Crack Addict
Anybody have any idea what Slane was rated? I hope it's not another repeat of POP...:huh:

PS: I absolutely adored it! Especially Out of Control..."Dad, can I have a lend of 500 pounds?" :D

I heard on one of the entertainment shows last night that U2's special was the lowest rated out of all the music specials last week. The Slane Special only had 4 million viewers. The Faith Hill Special was the highest rated with 11 million, than it was Tim McGraw, then the Paul McCartney concert. The Elvis Presley Special did very well, I think I heard it had close to 11 million viewers too.

The problem is that more than 80% of U2 fans are not at home at 10 pm on a Friday night. Most are 25-40 and are usually out at that point. I'd like to know the time and day those other music specials were on because that has a much bigger influence on the number of people that will be watching than the actual popularity of the artist.

In addition, only 2.4 million watched the POP music special back in 1997, so if the figure is 4 million this time around, thats a 70% increase in the number of people watching. Also realize that the latest studio albums by the other artist have not even come close to selling 11 million copies worldwide like U2s ATYCLB has.

All of the other music specials started at 8:00, except for the Elvis Special which also started at 10:00 on Thursday night. So I'm sure U2's ratings would have been higher if it had been on earlier and on another night. The actual figure was more like 3.6 million viewers, but that is still not bad, better than the POP special as you pointed out.

STING2 said:
The problem is that more than 80% of U2 fans are not at home at 10 pm on a Friday night. Most are 25-40 and are usually out at that point. I'd like to know the time and day those other music specials were on because that has a much bigger influence on the number of people that will be watching than the actual popularity of the artist.

In addition, only 2.4 million watched the POP music special back in 1997, so if the figure is 4 million this time around, thats a 70% increase in the number of people watching. Also realize that the latest studio albums by the other artist have not even come close to selling 11 million copies worldwide like U2s ATYCLB has.

I totally agree STING, it wasnt advertized very much. it was on a friday, the least watched night. It was at 11:00. If it had been on on a Thursday and had been advertized it could have easily taken 10 million! This isnt U2's fault its CBS's

Back
Top Bottom