saints for Uk #1?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ybird3k

War Child
saints is currently #6 in the UK on downloads alone (a lot more than what i was expecting), could possibly be #1 next week with the CD release!

I actually thought #6 was pretty poor, considering some songs have got to #1 on download only this year. I really hope it gets to the top spot next week, I will be purchasing the disc tomorrow.

BTW, makes a change not to have to buy 3 versions of a U2 disc!

thelaj said:

BTW, makes a change not to have to buy 3 versions of a U2 disc!

My thoughts exactly!

I do hope when released on CD it gets to number one, will do music rising alot of good plus most of the music in the charts over here at the moment is pretty dull.

ybird3k said:
really? which songs have gone to #1 on download only?

Crazy - knales barkley did.

#6 for downloads is amazing considering its u2.

i expect it to be #2 next week when its released on CD.

oh yeah gnarls barkley. but that was #1 for 9 weeks! girls aloud goin to #5 is the highest on downloads apart from 'crazy'. bodyrox went from #11 - #2 when CD was released, so i think U2 can manage #6 - #1. :drool:

westlife! what, i didnt know they got a single out. its #27 on the iTunes downloads. are those sales figures just the physical CD sales?

Westlife have produced a "generic westlife ballad" as they usually do circa this time. Damn I hate them.

Saints is at #5 on The Hits (TV Station) and still #1 on iTunes UK.

thelaj said:
Westlife have produced a "generic westlife ballad" as they usually do circa this time. Damn I hate them.

Saints is at #5 on The Hits (TV Station) and still #1 on iTunes UK.

always goes # 1 too.

Westlife are so bland and boring , they dont even write there own material.

i seriously doubt this but what are the chances of Saints bein #1 the following week. i know U2 singles normally fall fast, but now with downloads maybe saints can climb to #1?, i really cant see westlife stayin at #1 and its only #23 on iTunes.

im also surprised at the lack of airplay saints is gettin in the uk. only on radio1 B-list, and not on radio2 playlist at all.

Westlife's fan base consist of house wifes who probs dont know how to use a pc, thats why it be so low on i-tunes.

I have builders currently working in my house and i aint heard saints once.

I got this from the Radio 1 Messageboard

this is thurs top 20

*Thursday Update*

1 Westlife
2 U2
3 ASaints
7 madonna
9 sbabes
13 akon
14 george and mutya
15 justin t
16 p weller
18 kasabian
19 infernal

At this rate, Westlife will soon surpass the Beatles. When that day arrives I think we can all officially loose interest in the charts! :(

Fucking bollocks if you ask me.

Not quite as bad as Crazy Frog beating U2 AND Coldplay into #2 spot last year though.

I wonder if there's a Green Day board out there listing this as a Green Day song much as people here are listing it as only a U2 song. :sexywink:

How high did that Blige/U2 remake go on the charts? I forget my own charts - how high did "When Love Comes to Town" chart? Could "Saints" be the biggest U2 collaboration hit?

if I remember correctly One with Mary J made it to #2. When Love Comes To Town #6. So the only way for it to be the biggest U2 collab is if it makes #1.

"'The Saints Are Coming', the new single by U2 and Green Day, has debuted at No.1 in Ireland."

hotpress.com

Thats super news , normally Ireland is a hot bed for westlife-ness

Zoovation said:
"'The Saints Are Coming', the new single by U2 and Green Day, has debuted at No.1 in Ireland."

hotpress.com

U2's first number one since Vertigo, but I doubt they would of made it without Green Day

Back
Top Bottom