saints for Uk #1?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Irishteen said:

U2's first number one since Vertigo, but I doubt they would of made it without Green Day

First #1 since Beautiful Day and their 5th in all.

They've had six number ones in the UK : Desire, The Fly, Discotheque, Beautiful Day, Vertigo and SYCMIOYO

Irishteen said:

Vertigo reached number 1, on November the 11th 2004, it was top of the charts for one week

Im talking about Australia here: Vertigo only reached #5 in Australia. Saints is UK's 5th Aus #1. The others being: Desire, The Fly, HMKMKMKM, and Beautiful Day

I think "Window" will do quite well. The real problem will be the Christmas competition, but it should sell by the bucket due to that Oasis sort of sound, which in turn is probably the reason why it WON'T do well in the States.

monai2 said:
uk sales

44305 Westlife
32338 U2 & Green Day

thats good, about the same sales as 'sometimes'? and more than COBL and ABOY.

a fair way behind westlife tho. do u know what #3 all saints sold?

also any ideas what proportion of the U2 sales were downloads and what were CD sales. i still think that U2 can be ahead of westlife next week, but not sure what else is released.

BigMacPhisto said:
I think "Window" will do quite well. The real problem will be the Christmas competition, but it should sell by the bucket due to that Oasis sort of sound, which in turn is probably the reason why it WON'T do well in the States.

what is the release date for WITS then, i wouldnt have thought it would be released till january now

44305 Westlife
32338 U2 & Green Day
25401 All Saints
24506 Fedde Le Grand
17860 Beyonce
16919 Bodyrox (6)
16048 Girls Aloud (7)
14745 Sugababes (8)
13864 Madonna (9)
13785 My Chemical Romance (10)

11205 Akon/Eminem (12)
10052 Justin Timberlake (14)
9614 George Michael & Mutya (15)
4833 Robbie Williams (28)
4083 Christina Aguilera (33)

2094 Gnarls Barkley (60)

Not suprised , yet another #1 for a terrible group.

another victory for deaf listeners

ybird3k said:
what is the release date for WITS then, i wouldnt have thought it would be released till january now

Well, if that's the case, then it should have no problem hitting the top (or at least #2).........but then again, the compilation will have been out for two months, so there might not be as many interested in the single.

Maybe "WITS" will be released next Christmas since Bono is all about "having two big Christmases" :wink:

04072511 said:

Im talking about Australia here: Vertigo only reached #5 in Australia. Saints is UK's 5th Aus #1. The others being: Desire, The Fly, HMKMKMKM, and Beautiful Day

And Lemon/All Want Is You?

Vox

Back
Top Bottom