Predict Crazy Tonight's UK chart position!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jarvio

War Child
In the UK, the single GOYB got to number 12, and Magnificent got to number 42.

Predict the UK chart position for IGCIIDGCT.

My prediction: Number 27

Not even being played on Radio 1! not even made the "C" list!

so not any high hopes! Magnificent was played all the time as it was on the 'A list'

there is also confusion on the release date as i have heard that it was August 14th but Amazon etc say the release date is Sept 7th!

Which might explain why its not on Radio 1 playlist yet!

Not even being played on Radio 1! not even made the "C" list!

so not any high hopes! Magnificent was played all the time as it was on the 'A list'

Oh dear. Not a good sign then.
I hope we don't get another flop like Magnificent.

I would have thought the management would have learnt from Magnificent's failure, and put more of an effort in promoting IGCIIDGCT.

I guess we'll see...

Somewhere in the top 60... not cracking top 40 though. even worse than mag

The videos are getting a little airplay and they have the BlackBerry ad. If they release on August 17, U2 will be in the UK and I think they will make Top 10.

If they really and truly delay until September 7, then I think the tour buzz will have worn off a bit, and they will be lucky to make Top 20.

But I do think this single get's a little bump from the tour being in the UK in late August.

I sure hope it makes the top 40.
It would be tragic for 2 U2 singles in a row to miss the top 40

i read (but i don't remember where, sorry!) that i'll go crazy... will be release for the UK's radio only in august, when 360° tour will arrive in Uk, Scotland and Galles!

It will not chart. Magnificent, one of U2's strongest songs ever, failed to make the top 10, so this single will not even make it to the best 75 songs.

Magnificent had nothing in the way of promotion, and i mean NOTHING, Crazy has the blackberry ad AND the tour to help it,

Magnificent had nothing in the way of promotion, and i mean NOTHING, Crazy has the blackberry ad AND the tour to help it,

Yeah, and four different videos. Two of them have already surfaced. I love the one with the live version in Barcelona. In contrast, Magnificent´s video was nondescript.

Crazy has already hit 150 in the UK itunes chart and has now dropped down to 250, looks like the ad isn't having much of an effect

I wonder what would happen if the label released the single on disc with some b-sides? Or in a maxi version like 'Please'. Top 10 for sure if that happened.

re: this BB add.
Do people still watch adds and go "right yes off to the shops", here was me thinking DVR and tivo has wiped out ads to quite an extent, well they're effect anyway...

oh yeah... got this from Wanderer.org

7"
1. Crazy Tonight (Single Version)
2. Crazy Tonight (Dirty South Radio Mix)

CD1
2. Magnificent (Live from Somerville Theatre, Boston)

CD2
2. Crazy Tonight (Fish Out Of Water Mix)
3. Crazy Tonight (Dirty South Full Mix)
4. Crazy Tonight (Redanka's Kick The Darkness Vocal Version)
5. Crazy Tonight (Redanka's Sparks Of Light Dub Version)
6. Crazy Tonight (Redanka's Kick The Darkness Instrumental Version)
7. Crazy Tonight (Dear Lord Almighty DizAnutha Mix) :wink:

...any thoughts on that tracklisting? inspiring? given what could be released for me not really... did anyone tell the smart-alecs at UMG that the Somerville Theatre gig is easily available to almost anyone who wants it in excellent soundboard quality? nah thought not...

Chart? 41-55 I guess...

Can't believe there is no live remix version from the tour!

Also, has it been renamed "Crazy Tonight" or will it carry the full title?

re: this BB add.
Do people still watch adds and go "right yes off to the shops", here was me thinking DVR and tivo has wiped out ads to quite an extent, well they're effect anyway...

oh yeah... got this from Wanderer.org

7"
2. Crazy Tonight (Dirty South Radio Mix)

CD1
2. Magnificent (Live from Somerville Theatre, Boston)

CD2
2. Crazy Tonight (Fish Out Of Water Mix)
3. Crazy Tonight (Dirty South Full Mix)
4. Crazy Tonight (Redanka's Kick The Darkness Vocal Version)
5. Crazy Tonight (Redanka's Sparks Of Light Dub Version)
6. Crazy Tonight (Redanka's Kick The Darkness Instrumental Version)
7. Crazy Tonight (Dear Lord Almighty DizAnutha Mix) :wink:

...any thoughts on that tracklisting? inspiring? given what could be released for me not really... did anyone tell the smart-alecs at UMG that the Somerville Theatre gig is easily available to almost anyone who wants it in excellent soundboard quality? nah thought not...

Chart? 41-55 I guess...
More of the same s***. Uninteresting as always.

I agree, I'm dissapointed in the b-sides.
As a b-sides fan, I have been dissapointed in the b-sides for such a long time now.
Last time we got new songs was on the Vertigo single.

I want new songs.
Surely they have enough left over that didn't make the album?! What about Winter?
They piss me off sometimes!

Back
Top Bottom