NLOTH Week 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
unbelieveable that compilations such as 'NOW' can chart on the billboard 200, should be a seperate chart as in the UK. not exactly amazing sales for it at any rate.

its about time these - in my opinion - big drops get much smaller now. to fall behind lady gaga is a bad thing, some of those albums have been out for months. sales are very close- a big drop in chart position will however make NLOTH look not to be doing too well, even if sales are just as good as some of those other artists.

Lady GaGa's album has had several massive hits, and is only starting to sell now. Her album was pretty much a flop until it started climbing

unbelieveable that compilations such as 'NOW' can chart on the billboard 200, should be a seperate chart as in the UK. not exactly amazing sales for it at any rate.

its about time these - in my opinion - big drops get much smaller now. to fall behind lady gaga is a bad thing, some of those albums have been out for months. sales are very close- a big drop in chart position will however make NLOTH look not to be doing too well, even if sales are just as good as some of those other artists.

Those compilation albums used to sell TONS - 500K or more the first week! Now, they fight to clear 100K their first week. Granted, some of it is dependent on the songs on a compilation, but this is further proof of rapidly dropping CD sales.

As for U2, if that estimate holds, then I think it's good. I'm fully predicting the album to level off in the 20-50K range for quite a while. There will be spikes here and there (hit song, tour, some new promotion), but the album will probably hold steady for a while. It's not that accessible, but once people REALLY listen to it, it's very good. One of my friends - not a U2 fan - can't get over how much he enjoys the album! I'm sure this is not isolated to him. More and more people will "discover" this album and it will keep the sales steady. If this were 10-15 years ago, those sales might hold steady at a higher level. Now, they may hold steady at the lower level (15-30K), but that's still good. Just keep the album in the top 100 (and ideally, top 50). This album has just started, so I'm not worried.

it would be nice if sales could hold up at the 40k mark for some time, but unless magnificent really takes of thats unlikely to happen.

The tour will help steady it out and I think when people hear the songs live it will be OK, but I think still that at a maximum it will sell as much as POP world wide but I dont consider that a failure in todays world.

i think 5M copies by end of 09 will be most it will sell. (unless of course there is a MASSIVE hit single) never the less an achievement

Worse drop than i was expecting :(, again will probabley even drop a little further again next week.

Mind you there are some HUGE drops there from last week, and some of the albums that have overtaken U2 will be down to new singles, and more promotion etc etc,

still cannot get over KOL

i think boots was definately released for airplay too soon, by the time the album came out, boots was taken off the air.

KOl - because of the times also at #35

18 singles re-enters at #38 what a shock :up:

maybe it will be ahead of NLOTH before long

Where did you get that figure? The two normal sources of Aussie sales info are Undercover and Auspop and neither of them had a figure for U2.

I just asked the sales of U2 in the comments of the chart watch entry of their blog.(auspop.blogspot.com)

thats a big drop. 37 - 57 % :angry:

could struggle to reach 2 x platinum

All about the second single, big second single it can fly up the charts. If we get 3 singles doing worse than Boots, the album is in trouble. It's sales should of levelled off more by now...

All about the second single, big second single it can fly up the charts. If we get 3 singles doing worse than Boots, the album is in trouble. It's sales should of levelled off more by now...

agreed, this weeks % drop is more of a 1st-2nd week value.
only 300k sales from the U2 name + boot single. only a hit on the scale of VLV will take this album upto 3x plat in the UK now. yes the tour will help, but you have to consider that most of the tour attendees will already own NLOTH (legally or illegally)

Down to 19 on Hitsdailydouble with 36% in!! with sales of just over 10000. Hopefully they'll get back up a bit as the figures come in......I guess there's so many new releases this week but still quite a drop eh!

i would wait for the 70% mark on hits,

also dont forget, some people above U2 havent even sold what U2 sold in there first week in 2 weeks, it will struggle to get to VLV levels but thats more down to the world we are living in at the minute imo, things are alot worse now than they where when codplays new album came out.

From HITS:

FUN FACTS ABOUT THIS WEEK’S CHART: Adele (XL/Columbia) will do 18-20k as a result of her Dancing With the Stars appearance and a Target circular… The Decemberists (Capitol) will also move 18-20k units in its second week of digital availability but the first week for the CD… IGA is on target to land four titles—Keri Hilson, U2, Lady GaGa and Papa Roach—in tomorrow’s Top 10, while UMG accounts for six of the 10. (3/30a)

When you look at the UK sales though, considering the #1 only got something like 37k, sales are WELL down for the whole chart not just U2, hence more proof that it could actually be the credit crunch at work,

When you look at the UK sales though, considering the #1 only got something like 37k, sales are WELL down for the whole chart not just U2, hence more proof that it could actually be the credit crunch at work,
It's a week of no new big releases though so it's not that bad overall. They're only 3.5% down from this week last year

Hey KUEFC, if you or anyone from this end of the forum added your top 50 lists to the Interference's top U2 song thing I'd really appreciate. I really want to try to get a wide variety of people involved in it so the result is a little more than just the standard songs at the top

Back
Top Bottom