new US chart numbas for Vertigo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theyhype

The Fly
modern rock - #2
Mainstream rock #10
Hot 100 - #44
I Tunes - #1

random note:
Switchfoot - going to be a great band - they are following (in a live-reaching-for-the-heavens-sense) after U2 - making a huge positive impact on their audience.

It is going to take 43 more weeks to reach #1 on the Hot 100 at this rate! :mad: Unless, of course, it starts getting played on more Mix/Top 40 stations. Does anyone happen to know of it being played on that type of station yet? Here in KC it's on heavy rotation on 97.3 and 96.5 (rock stations). I was flipping through the dial the other day and happened to hear it on 105.9 ("Hit" music station). I was surprised to hear it on this format. Maybe there is hope for Vertigo!

MadelynIris said:
It's safe to say that most U2 fans would love the switchfoot record.

It really is a great record.

Mark

Well, you just convinced me to check this out the next time I go to the music shop.

that is great to see vertigo doing so well!! hopefully it'll just keep on going.

it is also great to see a switchfoot shoutout. those guys are awesome. i'm going to see them at the paramount in denver on friday, it should be a rockin show. i saw them at the bluebird summer '03, and afterwards, the guys stayed around and signed autographs and talked with us. i went with a u2 friend so we naturally asked john (the lead singer) about getting to meet bono, and he said that bono was one of the best guys he's ever met.

I think once the video for Vertigo is released, it start to really pick up steam on the charts. It'll just be exposed more...:up:

i think the numbers will be higher next week due to the ipod/itunes commercial exposure

Hi TheHype!

It looks like this was your first post here. Great! Welcome!

I just want to point out that the mods will start merging repetitive threads. Some of us "old" forum members such as Sting2, Popmartijn, Tkramer and I often start the weekly chart/sales reports. Therefore, please check through the weekly postings to see if this news has already been reported. If you have more information to add, please do it there. As I wrote, if you don't the mods will just merge the threads anyway.

Back
Top Bottom