Led Zeppelin vs The Beatles (U.S.)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Could someone post the total albums sales for The Beatles and Led Zeppelin stateside and worldwide? I'm having an argument because I think Zeppelin sold more in the US, whereas he favours The Beatles.

Anyway, if anyone can help it will be much appreciated.:yes: :drool:

The Beatles beat Led Zeppelin in the USA and worldwide. I know the Beatles are somewhere around 150 million in the USA and 300 million worldwide. Led Zeppelin has sold about 100 million in the USA but I do not know their worldwide figure.

www.riaa.com will have the latest figures for the USA only.

STING2 said:
The Beatles beat Led Zeppelin in the USA and worldwide. I know the Beatles are somewhere around 150 million in the USA and 300 million worldwide. Led Zeppelin has sold about 100 million in the USA but I do not know their worldwide figure.

Well, true in that sense but it's not really fair because LZ had a lot fewer albums than compared to The Beatles. LZ only had 8 studio releases. If you take LZ's top 5 selling albums and put them up against the Beatles top 5 selling albums, LZ have more sold. Btw, LZ's total worldwide sales at last count are 200 million.

NoControl said:

Well, true in that sense but it's not really fair because LZ had a lot fewer albums than compared to The Beatles. LZ only had 8 studio releases. If you take LZ's top 5 selling albums and put them up against the Beatles top 5 selling albums, LZ have more sold. Btw, LZ's total worldwide sales at last count are 200 million.

Led Zep had some big selling albums, but the Beatles overall are the biggest album selling band with over 300 million albums sold worldwide and that figure is over a decade old.

Back
Top Bottom