HTDAAB Sales in Canada

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Enters at #1 in Canada with sales of 94,700

Biggest sales week this year in Canada (I believe last year also)
Biggest 1st week ever for a U2 album
Biggest per capita 1st week sales of HTDAAB outside or Ireland (94.7% of Platinum, Canada is 1/10 the size of US)

U2's 'Bomb' explodes on the charts
By ADAM SWIMMER
JAM! Showbiz
U2 launched to the top of the Canadian album charts this week with their long-awaited new effort, "How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb."

The No. 1 album marks a triumph for the Irish rockers in Canada. With 94,700 copies sold, "How To Dismantle..." achieved the best first-week sales this year to date, having surpassing Shania Twain's "Greatest Hits" opening numbers (92,000) from two weeks ago, according to Nielsen SoundScan.

The sales also make it the best first-week sales for any U2 release in this country. Their previous effort, "All That You Can't Leave Behind," sold 71,470 copies in its first week.

O Canada, we stand on guard for thee! I'm glad to have made a contribution to those numbers. :wink:

We stand on guard to make sure U2 is the best band on the planet and recognized as such! lol

:up:

thanks for posting this--i was wondering how our stats would turn out. biggest per capita sales outside of ireland, impressive.

I haven't got it yet because I'm planning to boost second week sales. I knew they wouldn't need me for the number 1.

I love my country.

ChangeTheTemperature said:
Enters at #1 in Canada with sales of 94,700

Biggest sales week this year in Canada (I believe last year also)
Biggest 1st week ever for a U2 album
Biggest per capita 1st week sales of HTDAAB outside or Ireland (94.7% of Platinum, Canada is 1/10 the size of US)

U2's 'Bomb' explodes on the charts
By ADAM SWIMMER
JAM! Showbiz
U2 launched to the top of the Canadian album charts this week with their long-awaited new effort, "How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb."

The No. 1 album marks a triumph for the Irish rockers in Canada. With 94,700 copies sold, "How To Dismantle..." achieved the best first-week sales this year to date, having surpassing Shania Twain's "Greatest Hits" opening numbers (92,000) from two weeks ago, according to Nielsen SoundScan.

The sales also make it the best first-week sales for any U2 release in this country. Their previous effort, "All That You Can't Leave Behind," sold 71,470 copies in its first week.
:up: Great News!

Back
Top Bottom